Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by Ozza »

Yeah he's the one Roby 28 goals this season
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Ozza wrote:Yeah he's the one Roby 28 goals this season

29 now
Douthy
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 128 likes

Post by Douthy »

If Feghouli can convince fellow Algerian Hanni to come it would be worth keeping him.

That Hanni looks a player for Anderlect, 26 too.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Lacazette just scored his 31st of the season.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

steps wrote:Lacazette just scored his 31st of the season.
He is a value for money striker
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

We desperately need a top goalkeeper. Hart or Pickford would be ideal. Zabaleta at right back is a no brainer. We need a more defensively responsible central midfielder. If Swansea go down we should be all over Jack Cork. I think he would suit us better than Sigurdsson, more realistic and cheaper. We still need at least 2strikers as at least one if not both of Sakho and Carroll should be off this summer. Rashford, Batshuayi and Ihenacho will all see less playing time next year as their managers are all looking for world class strikers: Lukaku, Icardi, Griezmann, Morata etc. I think those 3 should be our primary focus and I will be disappointed if we don't sign one of them.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Disagree regarding the importance of not getting the likes of Sigurdsson over Cork on a number of reasons. 1) Obiang is that man (and to a slightly lesser degree Noble) to continue patrolling the defensive midfield duties likes he has been doing so well to date. 2) Cork wouldn't offer us half as much going forward as Sigurdsson clearly would. 3) Sigurdsson contrary to a belief he's only about playing in the final third when in actual fact he more than any other player in the League has covered the most amount of mileage on the pitch, equating to running the distance of 9 marathons in a season. Something our Billy no doubt would have been proud of...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ce-covered" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He doesn't achieve that without helping out in the middle and occasionally his own third of the pitch as a complete midfielder.

Fit as a fiddle and an ever present who hardly breaks down. That's precisely the kind of reliable engine we want purring away at the heart of our midfield with a real touch of class once he gets anywhere near the opposition box.

£25m, just offer it and see where the land lies because believe you, me he's precisely the kind of classy player in the mould of West Ham. We'd be the ideal fit for one another.

If the Board are truly serious about taking us up a level, then this is the type of signing they need to be making by laying down the big but realistic money to get them. It'll prove to the fanbase that they mean business and that they ain't just all mouth and would go some way to earning back a bit of respect at a time they could do with all the good publicity they can get.

We can't allow our direct competition to steal a march on us and miss out on this opportunity this summer if Clubs in the top 6 aren't all that interested...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... us-jansson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Peaches wrote:If Swansea go down we should be all over Jack Cork. I think he would suit us better than Sigurdsson, more realistic and cheaper.
:shock:

Have you seen what Swnasea fans think of him??! They'll pay for his taxi here.

I do agree with you about him being "more realistic and cheaper" however...
djoe

Post by djoe »

Hope our scouts watched Anderlecht yesterday.
Kara is a beast, Thielemans a diamond (maybe wanted by bigger teams but already said he wants playing time).
But for me Dedoncker is the one we should be all over. Him and Obiang central midfield with Lanzini doing his thing in front of them. :scarfer:

Go big on young talented lads for positions we need, no has beens or south american gambles
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

djoe wrote:
Go big on young talented lads for positions we need, no has beens or south american gambles
Steady, lets try and keep things realistic.
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

After watching Man United-Anderlecht last night, Youri Tielemans is definitely worth a punt before someone else gets in first. 19 years old and already scored 35 goals from midfield for them, Kouyate played with him 2013-14 season. Get him on the phone!
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Been saying Tielemans for ages! He's a phenomenal talent, and will only improve. I thought a deal with Monaco was nearly done, but it seems like everything is on the table (and everybody wants a piece of him). If we could sign him I'd be over the moon.

However - not a player we need, possibly? The better fit for us would be Dendoncker from them, defensive midfielder who really gets stuck in, but reads the game tremendously. He's one of those who can go a bit unnoticed, but for me (Anderlecht are my Belgian team, so I watch them as much as possible) he's been as key to their success as any other player in that team this season. He was a bit quieter last night, but in the first leg against Manchester United he was on top form. I like him a lot.

Their first choice right back did his cruciate last April and has unfortunately had a couple of injuries since which might be due to poor fitness - Andy Najar, Honduran international. He's very good, too.
tizzwoz wrote:If anyone needs reminding just how bad our signings have been this season, you should go to the official West Ham site and go to the player of the year awards section. Then watch the "Signing of the season" video. I cant believe they actually allowed it to go on the website and they are going ahead with that award this season. It's hilariously painful to watch.
I voted for Masuaku - the only signing from last summer who has shown any level of quality for us, in my opinion.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

This John Terry thing is snowballing.

Apparently Bilic has said "we will see" regarding trying to sign him.

:|
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

steps wrote:This John Terry thing is snowballing.

Apparently Bilic has said "we will see" regarding trying to sign him.

:|
Yup its worrying
1860OnceMoore

Post by 1860OnceMoore »

tbh Terry is a **** of a man - but isn't he the sort of player we been missing these last few years? Someone with a dirty streak, who is a winner, who will give his all for a cause?

Just saying as a bit part player and to help coach our ***** defence it may not be that bad surely? (don's tin hat and descends beneath the trenches)
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I don't believe it would happen for a second. Smokescreen from Bilic as far as I'm concerned. He'd be stupid to entertain it seriously on both a footballing and moral level. Bilic strikes me as the kind of manager that would say 'never say never' about Payet resigning at the end of his career also. It's a flippant meaningless cliche in football when asked a generic question by the media.

John Terry would be as welcome as a fart in a lift. Let him milk the MLS instead of using us as a retirement home. We've got enough ageing Centre Halves as it is!
Last edited by Colours never run on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

1860OnceMoore wrote:tbh Terry is a **** of a man - but isn't he the sort of player we been missing these last few years? Someone with a dirty streak, who is a winner, who will give his all for a cause?

Just saying as a bit part player and to help coach our ***** defence it may not be that bad surely? (don's tin hat and descends beneath the trenches)
he wont be coming here to be a bit part player will he, no chance.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Terry is also absolute finished as a player at this level or any level really, legs have gone, his shot, his 36 for christ sake even the best defenders got to pot as they lose their legs Ferdinand at QPR, Vidic, all the top players it all catches up eventually, if we sign him we will paying top dollar for a broken player who would be our best defender
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

1860OnceMoore wrote:Just saying as a bit part player and to help coach our ***** defence it may not be that bad surely? (don's tin hat and descends beneath the trenches)
Would rather just keep Collins. Same qualities as Terry, much nicer fellow, good beard.
ads78
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by ads78 »

Can't believe the club would even contemplate Terry. Of all the positions on the pitch, CB is the one that least needs any investment into.

Reid / Ogbonna / Fonte / Burke / Kouyate / Oxford / Rice and even maybe Collins if we resign him should be more than good enough for a top half team.

The only way I would even consider Terry is as a defensive coach. But then if we are looking for a recent ex-pro to coach our defense just get Rio in. Much better player than Terry ever was, one of us, and most importantly not a c***.