Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by Colours never run »

bristolhammerfc wrote:
Do you accept that Sullivan lied about the other players being offered to Bilic?

Find me the proof then yes.

As a slight aside, Bilics next press conference is going to be very revealing. I want to also hear his version of events too.
smuts
Has liked: 1493 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by smuts »

woody wrote:the way I see it is

ive nothing against low balling bids for players that's just business ,
but there just punts maybe you will get lucky maybe you wont

but when we desperately need a player just pay the money ,
that's what pisses me off , and we still haven't bought a centre half ffs
Anyone with half a brain cell can see we are porous at the back and seem to be getting worse each week. Sometimes you have to just identify targets, negotiate quickly and do a deal.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 1604 likes

Post by chalks »

Colours never run - chemical Ali

One and the same
hammer1975
Has liked: 927 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

How about this for a scenario

-We have no cash flow, owners are reluctant to increase the loans or pay back in the interest taken out
-As a result we only approach Sporting to discuss terms but don't make a formal bid as if accepted we may have some legal commitment to it. Original low ball bid with what we can afford, Sporting don't like.
-our bid gets talked up over a few weeks - to a point that we can only afford if we sell players or get more in for those in process of being sold (Feghouli)
-we get less in from transfers than expected on a few players and interest in others disappears ...Lanzini, Sakho, Carroll, Ayew, potentially Obiang/Kouyate. We're struggling to raise cash flow.
-Slav is offered a long list of other defensive mids including Sanches and Krychowiak, but he's still confident on Carvalho so declines them expecting the board to land him
-time goes by
-deadline day. Sporting cave in advising Carvalho's agent to encourage us to make a formal bid - as they'd prefer £30m for Carvalho over £15m for Silva - but we don't have the money and can't raise it in such a short window
-Dave has an epiphany and thinks it would be better to tell people it was down to the medical rather than money as it would make him and club look bad if it got out from Sporting's end
-Dave doesn't check his facts on timing of medicals so it's a terribly badly judged statement/lie
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 610 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Colours never run wrote:

Find me the proof then yes.

As a slight aside, Bilics next press conference is going to be very revealing. I want to also hear his version of events too.
So both agents independently claiming that we weren't in for either player is them conspiring?

If that isn't enough circumstantial evidence that Sullivan lied about that aspect of his statement then you don't have an 'open mind' on the subject.

Pinky was right
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Post by chalks »

Beavis Danzig wrote:did chalks ghostwrite that?

brings a tear to the eye honestly.
I'm touched that you think I could be so eloquent :thup:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

So unless I agree you's my opinion doesn't count? I've made it clear that until I see proof (not circumstantial, conspiracy theory or he said he said), I'll remain open as to what the hell is actually going on.

Another cheap shot I see, Chalks.
bristolhammerfc

This was Brady on Sky after our 5 signings had been made.

'We realise we need extra players in the team. The manager has identified who they are, the money is there and the chairman is working very hard to bring them in.'

Note: Extra players. Manager has identified who they are.
bristolhammerfc

Colours never run wrote:So unless I agree you's my opinion doesn't count? I've made it clear that until I see proof (not circumstantial, conspiracy theory or he said he said), I'll remain open as to what the hell is actually going on.

Another cheap shot I see, Chalks.
I have posted evidence to support my opinion. Can you do the same or is it a case of

"Baldrick, deny everything".
smuts

Post by smuts »

Squirm out of this Sullivan. Lying out of his arse.

At least last season when we couldn't "get Bacca and Lacazette over the line" he pretended he would spend the money later on Zaza.

Where's the TV money gone? The high wage bill excuse will be dragged out soon, 100 million of debt (still), Icelandic credit card bills found under the mat......blah blah.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 828 likes
Total likes: 1963 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

We have half a top half team.

What I mean is that half of our first eleven deserves, without too much argument, a place in a team that operates in the top half of the table. These are

1. Joe Hart, who has never finished a Prem season in a bottom half place (even with Birmingham, they came 9th)

2. Winston Reid (although, in my books, only just)

3. Iron Mike

4. Lanzini

5. Hernandez.

If we don't finish 10th or higher, it won't be these players' fault.

We've added a player who will make a difference, in Arnautovic, but perhaps sporadically, as opposed to more reliably, like Antonio, if deployed properly.

We've added Zabaleta's experience, even if his legs might be somewhere on the M6 southbound.

We have no cast-iron back up for what looks like one of the best strikers we've had for ages. The back up we do have is unreliable, simple as. Its a crazy gamble to be so light up top.

If Kou, Mark, or Obiang got 20 decent, consistent, games under their belt(s), they might too deserve the label 'top half performer', too, but I find it remarkable that the club haven't even grabbed a back up loan deal for at least a CB, another midfielder and, most of all, a striker.

Very big gamble
smuts

Post by smuts »

bristolhammerfc wrote:This was Brady on Sky after our 5 signings had been made.

'We realise we need extra players in the team. The manager has identified who they are, the money is there and the chairman is working very hard to bring them in.'

Note: Extra players. Manager has identified who they are.
The money is there.... :lol:

Working hard? Looks to me like he couldn't be arsed on deadline day whatsoever and flounced off to Spain.
ballantine
Has liked: 1259 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

Colours never run wrote:At the moment it's he said, he said b*llocks from both sides trying to save face.
Whilst that is true, the Sporting Lesbian placed the ball firmly in Sullivan's court by challenging him to prove he bid. Sullivan in the very least need to dig up a WhatsApp screenshot now.
Colours never run

ballantine wrote: Whilst that is true, the Sporting Lesbian placed the ball firmly in Sullivan's court by challenging him to prove he bid. Sullivan in the very least need to dig up a WhatsApp screenshot now.

It's getting to that stage isn't it? Welcome to modern day life. :lol:

And I agree, it's back over to Sullivan and Bilic to shine a further light on this ongoing saga.
Believer
Has liked: 1391 likes
Total likes: 727 likes

Post by Believer »

bristolhammerfc wrote:
Jason Burt reported that Sullivan had lost confidence in Bilic after the first three games and wouldn't spend anymore money. Burt also reported that Sullivan was disappointed with the summer signings.
You would expect that this will be as near as possible to the truth. Burt appears to have taken the mantle that Martin Samuel had in being trusted by Sullivan and being his mouthpiece.
What gets me is that he has allegedly said he is "disappointed with the summer signings". I'd be amazed if Bilic went to Sullivan with a list with Hart and Zabaleta on it unless he was told that these 2 positions had to be filled with freebies. My guess is that he desperately wanted Hernandez as he has confirmed he wanted him for 2 years. Arnautovic is the one I don't get - I'm unsure whether he is a Bilic or Sullivan signing. I remain unconvinced by him not just here but at Stoke. I don't believe he was what we needed and had we given Feghouli another season he would have been adequate and would have allowed us to get the DM we desperately need. I reckon he as with Ayew was about the terms of the deal more than what they bring to the team.

It annoys me that he has the front to come out with this line bearing in mind that we spent the whole summer getting rid of last years dross. He once again sidesteps his failings by making out that Bilic bought poorly this year. By my reckoning he bought 2 players max and one of them will IMO be a major success this year (Hernandez). It has probably dawned on him that Hart and Zab won't be the roaring successes he thought they'd be so he is now blaming Bilic for that.

He truly is a nasty piece of work. What will be clear is that some managers elsewhere will have seen his latest statement and will give any potential vacancy a wide berth now.
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Post by chalks »

smuts wrote:
Working hard? Looks to me like he couldn't be arsed on deadline day whatsoever and flounced off to Spain.
Then spent his time in Marbella logging in to the fan site he controls, slagging off the manager pretending to be a supporter

Low life scum
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Just denied Sportings claims via Hugh Mouthpiece.
All getting a bit pathetic now.
hammers92
Has liked: 319 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by hammers92 »

How do Leicester negotiate a £22 million deal with Sporting for Adrian Silva? A player who started in the Euro 2016 final. Carvalho didn't.

It's all on Sullivan, everything
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Post by chalks »

PrawnSandwich wrote:Just denied Sportings claims via Hugh Mouthpiece.
Another one that claims to be a life long supporter yet happy to spout the b*llocks these scum feed them

Another chemical Ali
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2425 likes
Total likes: 4251 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

From Sean Whetstone interview/contact with Sullivan;
But he (Bruno de Carvalho) can’t admit publicly that he was prepared to sell him. Our bid was submitted via the player’s agent and our negotiators in Portugal. We also put in a written bid.”