Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by chigwells finest »

one things for sure, unless we get our transfers spot in in the summer , i'd make us odds on to get relegated next season
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

No chance with Tielemans but Dendoncker could definitely be the one. I really liked their striker Teodorczyk, too - some lovely touches and clearly knows where the goal is.

Terry. Unlike many on here and fans of other clubs, I don't mind him as a person. From the age of 23-33 I believed he could get into any team in the world.

RE 'legs', I personally think there are two different ways a player's 'legs can go'. One being that they are physically unable to run or play at the pace they had done before (a winger that relied on his pace to take his man on) and the other is a player's confidence on the ball (either worried about losing it, being out of position or getting injured).

JT was never quick but he read the game brilliantly. I also think he was much better on the ball than a lot gave him credit for, but his age has really caught up with him now (not overly surprising) and I think his confidence in his own legs has gone. When I've seen him this season he has looked shaky on the ball and has been making mistakes. I know he hasn't played much this season, but I just not confident he will be able to shake off the ringrust at his age and push on for another Premier League team next season. Maldini played on until he was about 90, but he was playing with top class players around him year in year out and in a much, much slower league than the PL.

As good as he has been, it just reminds me of Rio's move from United to QPR. Many had commented about Rio losing his legs and he ended up being a bit part player during his last few months at OT. He then joined QPR where he was continuously left exposed by the (lesser) players around him and ended up looking like a rabbit caught in headlights. I believe that if Terry was to come here then it would be exactly the same situation.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

HammerAl wrote:No chance with Tielemans but Dendoncker could definitely be the one. I really liked their striker Teodorczyk, too - some lovely touches and clearly knows where the goal is.
Anderlecht have exercised their option to buy him for something like £4m - but supposedly could sell him for triple that in the summer! Mind blowing if they do, they should hang on to him for at least another year.

Dendoncker and Obiang behind Lanzini looks mustard on paper, I must say. We certainly need a defensively minded central midfielder this window, and he'd fit the bill perfectly.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

TOMOS posted this in the Jan window:
The Old Man of Storr wrote:Cheik Kouyate has been suggesting a couple of players to Slaven - two former team mates at Anderlecht , Kara Mbodji and Youri Tielemans [ wanted by Tottenham and Chelsea ]
.http://bracethehammer.sbnation.com/2016 ... for-slaven" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if only..
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

Peaches wrote:We desperately need a top goalkeeper. Hart or Pickford would be ideal. Zabaleta at right back is a no brainer. We need a more defensively responsible central midfielder. If Swansea go down we should be all over Jack Cork. I think he would suit us better than Sigurdsson, more realistic and cheaper. We still need at least 2strikers as at least one if not both of Sakho and Carroll should be off this summer. Rashford, Batshuayi and Ihenacho will all see less playing time next year as their managers are all looking for world class strikers: Lukaku, Icardi, Griezmann, Morata etc. I think those 3 should be our primary focus and I will be disappointed if we don't sign one of them.
you talk about realistic and in the same post talk about signing Hart or Pickford, and then rashford/bats/inenacho..

prepare to be disappointed.
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

[quote="YorksHammer"]Been saying Tielemans for ages! He's a phenomenal talent, and will only improve. I thought a deal with Monaco was nearly done, but it seems like everything is on the table (and everybody wants a piece of him). If we could sign him I'd be over the moon.

if we could sign him I think every hammer would be over the moon. but fgs lets be realistic here. we have 0% have that happening why would he come from a CL club to us????
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Anderlecht have exercised their option to buy him for something like £4m - but supposedly could sell him for triple that in the summer! Mind blowing if they do, they should hang on to him for at least another year.

Dendoncker and Obiang behind Lanzini looks mustard on paper, I must say. We certainly need a defensively minded central midfielder this window, and he'd fit the bill perfectly.[/quote]

Love the thought of that midfield triangle with Antonio on the left, some more pace on the right and a striker with good movement. Would all compliment each other very well and means we can hit teams on the break again.
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 502 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

I saw Slav's interview and immediately thought he was merely being polite about Terry in the face of persistent questioning from the interviewer. Typically the media turn it into 'Bilic wants to sign Terry'. Absolutely nothing in it for me.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Skandi Brudson wrote:I saw Slav's interview and immediately thought he was merely being polite about Terry in the face of persistent questioning from the interviewer. Typically the media turn it into 'Bilic wants to sign Terry'. Absolutely nothing in it for me.
I do hope so Skandi.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1856 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Our local "Radio Local" is saying Terry wants to stay in living in Oxshott, which would mean his daily commute would be to Rush Green. Would he be that desperate?

They also played a clip of Allardyce basically saying he doesn't want him so that would put Bournemouth in pole position, or would he fancy Portsmouth?
Patito

Post by Patito »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:
They also played a clip of Allardyce basically saying he doesn't want him so that would put Bournemouth in pole position, or would he fancy Portsmouth?

Palace, Southampton, Brighton, Watford or Fulham/Reading (if they go up) are all probably close enough too.
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

jonbentleywhu wrote:if we could sign him I think every hammer would be over the moon. but fgs lets be realistic here. we have 0% have that happening why would he come from a CL club to us????
They went out of the CL in the third qualifying round this year, and never get past the group stages. Their record is basically similar to a number of 'small' clubs that end up in the CL group stages regularly.

If you look at his reported alternatives, before the Monaco link came up he was being touted as a potential signing for Everton or Southampton - neither of those are CL clubs either, and both are in the midtable huddle with us. For some reason, the 'big' CL clubs aren't biting on young Youri.

It's a realistic 'coup' signing for us, in my opinion. Certainly more realistic than a number of names that come up on here.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Agreed Yorks, worth an enquiry at the very least. Kouyate left Champions League Anderlecht for us too didn't he?
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

That he did, Patito, that he did. Like I say, he's a bit of a marquee signing, and one to get fans excited about -test the waters and see how he feels. Kouyate and he played together, didn't they? I wonder if they're mates.
Patito

Post by Patito »

It sounds like it!
Kouyate wrote: "He’s my boy. Youri, I loved him from the moment he started training with the first-team. I was very proud when I saw him with the Belgium shirt on his back. He’ll be in the Premier League soon, too. I just hope for one thing: that it’s in the same team as me because I don’t want to tackle him. On a serious note, he’s developed some more this season, and he’s really, really good.”
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1162 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

There is not a transfer window since 2015 when we shouldn't have brought in Kara Mbodji

It won't happen this window, given the investment in Fonte, either.

Shame, a transfer would comfortably have paid for itself in the first half season alone.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

hammer1975 wrote:There is not a transfer window since 2015 when we shouldn't have brought in Kara Mbodji

It won't happen this window, given the investment in Fonte, either.

Shame, a transfer would comfortably have paid for itself in the first half season alone.
It's ludicrous how often he's been touted on here over the last two-three years. They could have had him for about £4m, IIRC.
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

A midfield of Chiek,Tielemans, Obiang and Lanzini... yes please :lol:
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Peaches wrote:We desperately need a top goalkeeper. Hart or Pickford would be ideal. Zabaleta at right back is a no brainer. We need a more defensively responsible central midfielder. If Swansea go down we should be all over Jack Cork. I think he would suit us better than Sigurdsson, more realistic and cheaper. We still need at least 2strikers as at least one if not both of Sakho and Carroll should be off this summer. Rashford, Batshuayi and Ihenacho will all see less playing time next year as their managers are all looking for world class strikers: Lukaku, Icardi, Griezmann, Morata etc. I think those 3 should be our primary focus and I will be disappointed if we don't sign one of them.
Jack Cork - No.
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Will cost 25m plus, not essential (in the boards view) considering what we already have.
Marcus Rashford - You mean the Rashford that's now playing more and he's scoring?
Batshuayi - Fluffer loan deal is all we'd get, unless we offer 35m. No.
Iheanacho - He can do far better than us, and he will, one way or another.

Jack f**king Cork :lol:
Patito

Post by Patito »

Lostcoco wrote:A midfield of Chiek,Tielemans, Obiang and Lanzini... yes please :lol:

Those 4 in a diamond, Antonio + Modeste up front...