Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Today is the day. Maybe. Hart delay is a tad odd. I'm thinking a triple announcement. Today. Or Thursday.
Why am I attracted to short sentences?. Pardon?
RayleighHammer23

Post by RayleighHammer23 »

bubbles500 wrote:Sorry but if you think we have any chance of getting Keita you're living in a total fantasy.Hes linked with the elite clubs in Europe we have no chance.
Not forgetting he already plays for a club far bigger than ours too. Money talks but I can't see the Daves spending big.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I honestly fail to see how people can't see Hart being a good signing? His England place is at serious stake (rightly so). He's not coming here to sit around and finish his career. He'll know full well that he's under pressure to perform this season and with City contributing to the wages of a player who has won numerous honours we've got a guy who is a considerable upgrade on our current options. Can't wait to see him in goal.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1163 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Keita is out of contract next summer and reportedly available for just over €20m

Not out of our price range - but not out of range of many clubs
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Today is the day. Maybe. Hart delay is a tad odd. I'm thinking a triple announcement. Today. Or Thursday.
Why am I attracted to short sentences?. Pardon?
Hart delay isn't odd. If he did half a medical in Spire Roding and the rest is with the medical team in Austria, he needed to fly to Austria after his medical yesterday afternoon. Complete it this morning. Pose with Bilic. Job done.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

RayleighHammer23 wrote: Not forgetting he already plays for a club far bigger than ours too. Money talks but I can't see the Daves spending big.
Lazio are a bigger club than us in most ways, but we have a much bigger fanbase and revenue, which these days often equates to a greater power in buying players.

It's a moot point though as he will probably end up at a bigger fish than both of us.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 872 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

SSN reporting £6M bid for Wilshere from Sampdoria. I agree with some on here, he's worth a punt.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:SSN reporting £6M bid for Wilshere from Sampdoria. I agree with some on here, he's worth a punt.
You don't think we're up to our quota of injury prone players yet then?
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:SSN reporting £6M bid for Wilshere from Sampdoria. I agree with some on here, he's worth a punt.
Something tells me that's his agent trying to see if we're going to bite. Jinxed and Ex have both suggested interest in him if he's cheap enough, I think.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

bubbles500 wrote:Sorry but if you think we have any chance of getting Keita you're living in a total fantasy.
And if there comes a time that guns and gates no longer hold you in and if you're free to make a choice just look towards the west and make a friend.

I reckon we can nick Keita
spod
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 287 likes

Post by spod »

spod wrote:Yorks, are you vegan?
YorksHammer wrote:I am...
I could tell by the way you post.

Only joking. I bumped into you on Twitter, feverishly tweeting about Big Britt.
steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 »

£6m Wilshire?? That's chicken feed these days. Of course he's had issue after issue but at that price if I was DG I'd be sending a car straight away
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Lazio aren't a notably bigger club than us either.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 222 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

steveherts66 wrote:£6m Wilshire?? That's chicken feed these days. Of course he's had issue after issue but at that price if I was DG I'd be sending a car straight away
6m is chicken feed?
Is that including his signing on fee and wages for the next three years - most of which he'll spend being injured if his previous three years is anything to go by?
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

At 6m I'd have Wilshire here, bearing in mind we spent 5m on Calleri last season....

If you can get him fit and keep him fit then he is a outstanding talent, and his injury last season wasn't connected to his previous issues
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 872 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Whilst it may only seem like yesterday when Trevor Francis was sold for £1M to become the record transfer fee, in the grand scheme of things, some 38 years down the road, £6M is peanuts and in spite of Wilshere's dubious injury record, at that price it's a no-brainer
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

steveherts66 wrote:£6m Wilshire?? That's chicken feed these days.
Its the hope that kills you. I have personally become a bit too burnt out over the years waiting for players to reach full fitness. It feels like we have had more than our fair share including Dyer, Carroll, Ashton, Hall, Sakho and a good few more.

Let someone else take the risk this time. We should sign players who are ready to go.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Not saying Wilshire is not good - but, where would you play him? That central MF is well stocked,imo - Kouyate,Noble,Obiang,Fernandes and Lanzini.If it were to replace Kouyate, we would lose our back up CB.Likewise Obiang,in a defensive capacity.Noble will be used sparingly anyway and Fernandes to add legs,imo.
I daresay he is on fairly big wages and, if it's such a good deal, why are Bournemouth not all over it??
If Kouyate was to go, he needs to be replaced with a predominantly controlled defensive MF or a deep lying "playmaker" neither of which are really Wilshire,imo.
Nick W
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Nick W »

6m peanuts. Maybe to anyone but West Ham.

Instead we attempt to spend millions by loaning players..

Wiltshire worth a punt?
I am losing the will to live in this window. But if we sign another player who is constantly injured, I'm going to be so annoyed (again)
Nick W
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Nick W »

ironilunga wrote:
Its the hope that kills you. I have personally become a bit too burnt out over the years waiting for players to reach full fitness. It feels like we have had more than our fair share including Dyer, Carroll, Ashton, Hall, Sakho and a good few more.

Let someone else take the risk this time. We should sign players who are ready to go.
4 weeks to our first game, I expect us to be signing players fit and ready to play who are quality. Not 12th or 13th choice pickings...

Pay up or self up S and G