Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by D C »

Another couple of howlers leading to goals for Joe Hart at the weekend. But let's spend £15m and 100k a week upwards because he's English and shouts a lot.
Patito

Post by Patito »

D C wrote:Another couple of howlers leading to goals for Joe Hart at the weekend. But let's spend £15m and 100k a week upwards because he's English and shouts a lot.

He was head and shoulders above the rest of Torino's flakey defence though...
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Are they so small?
:D
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

I wonder if we have any chance of getting Anthony Modeste from Cologne? He seems to be on fire in the Bundesligue 28 years old in his prime and a great striker.

Regarding Gylfi Sigurðsson I don´t think we have a chance there, unfortunately, unless the board seriously ups their game ambition wise. But from watching him here from an Icelanders perspective what a player, he would definitely strengthen our midfield. He's got everything you'd want from a midfielder, goals, assists, work rate, set pieces and loyalty!!

At the moment our defence is obviously a shambles and we just have to get this sorted out. Right back wtf, how can we not yet have a qualified right back, how many transfer windows is it now? Just a proper right back would make a huge difference in the teams balance and the whole defensive side of our game.
bobo

Post by bobo »

Can we temporarily close this thread until we are safe?? It makes me feel uneasy
Redkanpps dog

Post by Redkanpps dog »

Everytime i see Modeste has scored, i think to myself what a signing he would be. Unfortunately i just don't see us getting him. Not because of price, just think there will be bigger clubs going for him.
Last edited by Redkanpps dog on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Aguero will probably leave in the summer, I can't see Pep wanting to go into the season with two teenage strikers so they'll be in the market. Meaning Iheanacho is a spare piece.

Come on Kelechi, we'll make you feel loved, we'll treat you right, we won't sign a new £30 million player every year to push you further away.
You'll be our little shining scoring star and be worshipped, then when the time is right you can rise to the heights you know you can reach. Come be nurtured here.
Viking_Hammer

Post by Viking_Hammer »

bobo wrote:Can we temporarily close this thread until we are safe?? It makes me feel uneasy
:lol:
Apart from about 5 seasons in the last 35 years has it ever not been uneasy for us West Ham supporters.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Viking_Hammer wrote:Regarding Gylfi Sigurðsson I don´t think we have a chance there, unfortunately, unless the board seriously ups their game ambition wise. But from watching him here from an Icelanders perspective what a player, he would definitely strengthen our midfield. He's got everything you'd want from a midfielder, goals, assists, work rate, set pieces and loyalty!!
Ah yes, the loyalty of Sigurðsson, a man who has made five transfers in seven seasons and will probably be on six in eight after the summer. I'm already getting tired of seeing his name on here and it's only March!

As far as I'm concerned, signing him or anyone like him should be so far down our list that spending £20m on them would be a pipe dream. We definitely shouldn't even entertain that unless we happen to have £20m left after sorting out the areas of the squad we know are desperately wanting.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

I would love Incheacho but still think he is a massive risk, hell of a difference going from a dominant city side creating chances to someone like us. Lakkau had what two proven seasons already, played week in week out
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

fmgod wrote:I would love Incheacho but still think he is a massive risk, hell of a difference going from a dominant city side creating chances to someone like us. Lakkau had what two proven seasons already, played week in week out
We'll loan him for a year, then we still have Carroll, Sakho and Ayew to play if Kelechi is struggling.

He won't struggle though.

King Kelechi.
Viking_Hammer

Post by Viking_Hammer »

Redkanpps dog wrote:Everytime i see Modeste has scored, i think to myself what a signing he would be. Unfortunately i just don't see us getting him. Not because of price, just think there will be bigger clubs going for him.
Yep, I agree with that and think he´s quite unrealistic now. I was crying out for Dembele from Fulham last summer and I´m quite sure he´d have come to us instead of Celtic.
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

fmgod wrote:I would love Incheacho but still think he is a massive risk, hell of a difference going from a dominant city side creating chances to someone like us. Lakkau had what two proven seasons already, played week in week out
I will tweet his name to Gold and Jack Sullivan every night if i have to.

First i need a Twitter account.
Viking_Hammer

Post by Viking_Hammer »

YorksHammer wrote:
Ah yes, the loyalty of Sigurðsson, a man who has made five transfers in seven seasons and will probably be on six in eight after the summer. I'm already getting tired of seeing his name on here and it's only March!

As far as I'm concerned, signing him or anyone like him should be so far down our list that spending £20m on them would be a pipe dream. We definitely shouldn't even entertain that unless we happen to have £20m left after sorting out the areas of the squad we know are desperately wanting.
What on earth are you on about? Its 3 transfers since 2010:
Hoffenheim 2010-2012 (Swansea loan) Sold by club
Spurs 2012-2014, Sold by club (Stated by Pochettino afterwards as big mistake)
Swansea 2014- (Could have gone in January but opted to stay and fight relegation battle)

No other player in the premier league has put in more miles than him, he´s got most assists in the league and fifth highest midfield goalscorer.

So if we can waste 20 mill on Ayew, then surely we can pay 30 mill for that kind of player.

But I Agree with you that he won´t be coming to us....
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

Viking_Hammer wrote: So if we can waste 20 mill on Ayew
Bit harsh, he has 4 goals in 7 starts in a frankly rather ***** team.
Viking_Hammer

Post by Viking_Hammer »

Scratchy wrote:
Bit harsh, he has 4 goals in 7 starts in a frankly rather ***** team.
Yeah that was wrong of me, I hold my hands up.

But I personally would pay 5-10 mill more and have Gylfi, but I´m tainted with Icelander specs :D
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Reading - Hoffenheim - Swansea (loan) - Spurs - Swansea

I meant five clubs in seven seasons, as opposed to five transfers.

I like Gylfi a lot, just not sure I would consider him 'loyal' or what we need right now.
Viking_Hammer

Post by Viking_Hammer »

YorksHammer wrote:Reading - Hoffenheim - Swansea (loan) - Spurs - Swansea

I meant five clubs in seven seasons, as opposed to five transfers.

I like Gylfi a lot, just not sure I would consider him 'loyal' or what we need right now.
:thup:

I´ve followed Gylfis career since he was at Reading and he gives his all for the cause wherever he is and Isn´t a money grabbing c*nt like some, which is kind of all you can ask from modern day footballers. That is kind of what I´m meant really about being loyal. I get your point though.

I agree that area is in no way a priority and we should be looking at strengthening other positions, but if the opportunity would arise with a little shift of players, I´d love Gylfi at the club.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

Viking just out of interest do you think champions league clubs will be in for him?
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

If we had the money for Gylfi it shouldn't be spent on him. So many more priorities.