Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by Ozza »

DDHammer wrote:Byram
Feghouli
Ayew
Masuaku
Fonte
Snodgrass
Fernandes
Nordveit

All have been very good players for there respective clubs over the years. No idea why they haven't worked out.
apart from Fonte and Snodgrass, the rest are pretty much all this season, all at the same time and new to the premiership, I don't think enough has been made of such a large influx of foreign players at one time.
Patito

Post by Patito »

jonbentleywhu wrote: kouyate 153 appearances - 4 goals
tielemans 128 appearances - 25 goals

plus tielemans is about 8 years younger. ridiculous comparison!!

Please sort out your quoting.

You've said it's a ridiculous comparison, then gone and compared the two of them based on goals and age.....
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

It really is, considering Kouyate spent his whole time there playing as a centre back, and Tielemans is a creative central midfielder.

Point is, Tielemans is the sort of player we should be trying to sign if we want to a) improve the team, b) move to the mythical next level, and c) make a statement. He's not going to be some £30m/£40m striker - his asking price is consistently reported as between £20m and £25m which should be affordable to us, his wages don't break the bank currently and I'm sure we could offer him an improvement in them were he to come here.

Do I think it will happen? No. Do I think it could happen? Yes if we tried.[/quote]
absolutely he should be the type of player we aim to sign to make a statement etc. but what previous evidence have we that this board are willing to make or pull off such a statement signing? we have spent 20 million once in our history.
for what reasons would tielemans choose to sign for us ahead of the competition? if any of the top 7-8 clubs in the PL want him, he goes there.
add the likes of stoke into the mix aswell and they would be more likely to sign him than us.

get real.
Patito

Post by Patito »

jonbentleywhu wrote: go on then mate point out where I am wrong in that statement????

Ok then. This is what you said "8th place down right now, ambitious owners, top draw manager, playing good football, good squad, academy players coming through, new football stadium "

Everton -
West Brom - Pulis a top draw manager? Playing good football?
Soton - top draw manager??
Watford - not ambitious owners, top draw manager?? Can’t think of any academy players of theirs coming through this season
Stoke - top draw manager?? Can’t think of any academy players of theirs coming through this season
Leicester - top draw manager?? not playing particularly good football, Can’t think of any academy players of theirs coming through this season
Burnley - top draw manager?? not playing particularly good football,
Palace - top draw manager?? not playing particularly good football,
Bournemouth - Can’t think of any academy players of theirs coming through this season
Hull - not ambitious owners, not playing particularly good football
Middlesborough - top draw manager?? cr*p football
Swansea - not ambitious owners, top draw manager?? playing shocking football,
Sunderland - not ambitious owners, top draw manager?? playing shocking football

None of them have a new stadium so not sure why you even made that point?

So in answer to your question, most of what you said was cobblers.
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

You've said it's a ridiculous comparison, then gone and compared the two of them based on goals and age.....[/quote]

what position does kouyate play?...CM I only stated the stats as someone compared them like they are of similar quality :thup:

lets be honest the quoting system is pretty shocking whats wrong with a simple reply system.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

That is fantastic quoting :lol:
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

quote]

Ok then. This is what you said "8th place down right now, ambitious owners, top draw manager, playing good football, good squad, academy players coming through, new football stadium "

Everton -
West Brom - Pulis a top draw manager? Playing good football?
Soton - top draw manager??
Watford - not ambitious owners, top draw manager?? Can’t think of any academy players of theirs coming through this season
Stoke - top draw manager?? Can’t think of any academy players of theirs coming through this season
Leicester - top draw manager?? not playing particularly good football, Can’t think of any academy players of theirs coming through this season
Burnley - top draw manager?? not playing particularly good football,
Palace - top draw manager?? not playing particularly good football,
Bournemouth - Can’t think of any academy players of theirs coming through this season
Hull - not ambitious owners, not playing particularly good football
Middlesborough - top draw manager?? cr*p football
Swansea - not ambitious owners, top draw manager?? playing shocking football,
Sunderland - not ambitious owners, top draw manager?? playing shocking football

None of them have a new stadium so not sure why you even made that point?

So in answer to your question, most of what you said was cobblers.[/quote]

you have misunderstood me or I have worded it wrong, or both. I meant everton are streets ahead of the teams from 8th placed and below. I was talking about them when I stated top manager etc etc.
Patito

Post by Patito »

jonbentleywhu wrote: you have misunderstood me or I have worded it wrong, or both. I meant everton are streets ahead of the teams from 8th placed and below. I was talking about them when I stated top manager etc etc.

Think it's the second one Jon :thup:
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

DDHammer wrote:That is fantastic quoting
enlighten me, cannot get my head round it :?
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

you have misunderstood me or I have worded it wrong, or both. I meant everton are streets ahead of the teams from 8th placed and below. I was talking about them when I stated top manager etc etc.[/quote]

Think it's the second one Jon :thup:[/quote]
my bad.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

jonbentleywhu wrote:for what reasons would tielemans choose to sign for us ahead of the competition? if any of the top 7-8 clubs in the PL want him, he goes there.
exactly. it is possible, but not automatic.

jonbentleywhu wrote:add the likes of stoke into the mix aswell and they would be more likely to sign him than us.

get real.
:lol:
as a foreigner would rather go to stoke than london, for the same money and just a couple of league positions difference.

get real.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1410 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

jonbentleywhu wrote:what position does kouyate play?...CM I only stated the stats as someone compared them like they are of similar quality
Nobody compared them like they are of similar quality - someone made the point that Kouyate moved from CL/EL Anderlecht to West Ham who had just finished 13th in the Premier League with Sam Allardyce in 2014, which would basically be the same move Tielemans is making based on this season.

We can offer him first team football that he might not get regularly at one of the top 5/6 clubs in the Premier League or regular Champions League knockout teams, and we can compete in terms of transfer fees and wages with anybody else in the middle of the Premier League. On top of that we offer London as a location, which is certainly more attractive than Stoke or West Brom, and whether we love it or loathe it a large stadium which might help us to push on and become a bigger team. I think as a club we're a pretty attractive proposition, with a better history than some of those around us. And if he and Kouyate were mates he gets to reunite with him, so there's already a connection there.

Like I say, I'm would consider our chances slim at best currently, but there's certainly no harm in asking the question and seeing what the response is. If we moved quickly on it we could steal a march - like Slaven said about Batshuayi last summer, go in fast and get the deal done.

By the way, I'm not even sure where your stats have come from, they look like they've been plucked out of thin air - based on Transfermarkt, Kouyate has played 113 games for us and scored 13 goals, while Tielemans has played 178 games for Anderlecht and scored 35.

Kouyate played 131 games for Anderlecht and scored 6 goals, but every one of them bar a handful at DM were as a CB.
sizza

Post by sizza »

Monaco is first in Ligue 1 and has made it to the Champions League semifinal, but the French club is already thinking about the future. A deal to purchase Tielemans is very close to being completed. Monaco has found an agreement with the player and with Anderlecht.
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/monaco-i ... -tielemans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ didn't think it was that good! why the funk were we talking about him? Image
Patito

Post by Patito »

"We should have been all over that..."
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Loan deal with option to buy right? :wink:
warp

Post by warp »

Lostcoco wrote:Loan deal with option to buy right? :wink:
set number of games triggered obligation to buy, shirley?
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

People really need to stop putting Tielemans in this thread, no chance he signs for us.

Monaco will get him and if they madly decide against it he'll end up at much bigger club than us.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Top quoting on this lads.
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

People keep talking about Terry's influence and coaching of our youngsters if we did get him in.

He's past his best and over priced as a player, so hire him as a defensive coach and a tenth the cost.

He wouldn't come, but that's the only sensible way I'd ever even consider him coming to West Ham (if at all).