Transfer Window: January 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Re: January transfer window

Post by MB »

As soon as a swap deal is mentioned you know the rumour is nonsense. What was the last one which actually happened?

Davies is a decent player. Like Noble with a second gear.

I imagine Antonio’s hamstrings will stop any transfer in this window, but I expect both parties would be happy to move on at the right price.

Other than that the same old rumours. Babacar is linked with us every window it seems. Fellani needs to hurry up and renew his contract and linking us with players rated above £10m is a waste of time.

As for Snodders, he cannot be recalled so pointless talking about him. Fingers crossed he keeps his form up and we get a decent price in the summer. He did get a raw deal with us, but then we shouldn’t have signed him in the first place.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

The penny is finally dropping re Antonio. Bang average who had a hot streak when we had Payet.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I don't agree. Antonio has real power. Him and Arnie in the team would be formidable.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

MB wrote:As for Snodders, he cannot be recalled so pointless talking about him.
Are you 100% on that?
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Just get a good lawyer to have a look at the loan contract; I'm sure our inept staff did enough wrong initially to make it null and void.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:I don't agree. Antonio has real power. Him and Arnie in the team would be formidable.

He has done nothing in a year.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Mate of mine is a Villa season ticket holder, said on the whole, Snodgrass has been ok, nothing special, the odd assist and goal lately don't tell the full story hasn't done an awful lot else, he's a good championship player at best nothing more.

Leave him where he is while his stock is fairly decent and we might get a good fee for him.

After he criticized Slav once he left I never want to see him in a West Ham shirt again.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2018 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

carnage wrote:Beat Bournemouth and Sullivan will be off to Marbella for a fortnight.
As if! He'll be out there before this weekend is up!
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

carnage wrote:The penny is finally dropping re Antonio. Bang average who had a hot streak when we had Payet.
That hot streak is still going on in his head I reckon.

Good player but feel he needs to be bought down a peg or two, get back to the basics and lose the chip on his shoulder.

Still has a lot to offer us I feel.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

prophet:marginal wrote:
As if! He'll be out there before this weekend is up!
....and why not. ****ing envious of him, wish I could too. It's gonna get ****ing freezing here and piss down with snow here by next weekend
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3034 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

We're 8 points off of last place and 37 points short of top place , and 19 places off a Champions league spot.
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

the pink palermo wrote:We're 8 points off of last place and 37 points short of top place , and 19 places off a Champions league spot.
19 places....... Don't you mean light years
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

the pink palermo wrote:We're 8 points off of last place and 37 points short of top place , and 19 places off a Champions league spot.
9 points from probable European football.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

bubbles1966 wrote: 9 points from probable European football.
Is the club interested in European football given our two tame exits, the costs of needing a bigger squad and the timing issue with the LS?

I know we should be but I wonder if we really are....

I agree that we should be looking up though if we get two wins from the next two/three

Still no links to any right sided full/wing backs?

Despite Antonio’s dip in form I suspect Moyes would still sell Hernandez, Sakho and Carroll first if there were takers.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Could Antonio's bad patch be due to niggling injuries that they are now addressing and will hopefully sort out?

I remember Ogbonna went through a similar phase and it turned out he was carrying an injury.
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

I thought someone said Antonio's injury problem was caused by the size of his b*llocks.
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by 1959 »

carnage wrote:The penny is finally dropping re Antonio. Bang average who had a hot streak when we had Payet.
I don’t get this negativity about Antonio. Pace, power, self belief that scares defenders,
He’s been playing injured in a poorly performing team. He gets fit and we have an excellent player.

I agree he can be clumsy and lacks silky skills, but pace and strength are rare commodities in football these days.

A pal living in the States was never convinced about him watching games on telly till he came across and watched a couple of games live and then got it. Antonio is a beast - think folk need to get off his back.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

only1post wrote:I thought someone said Antonio's injury problem was caused by the size of his b*llocks.
Bravo Sir :D
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

ironilunga wrote:
Are you 100% on that?
No, but it is not common to have a break clause on a season long loan and I doubt any of the parties involved wanted one here.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2896 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Peaches wrote:Davies has 46 Premier League appearances and isn’t 20 for 6 months. Antonio is 27, 28 in two and a half months and has 70 Premier league appearances.he has scored twice in his last 35 premier league matches and has not generated an assist in a year. On top of that he has been reported to be too big for his boots, wants out, is on a huge wage and does not have a great injury record.
If we could get Tom Davies plus a bit of cash for Antonio, I’d drive him to Liverpool myself.
You may need to check the return trains back if you're planning on walking him to the door.