Transfer Window: January 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Re: January transfer window

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Peaches wrote:The mirror are saying we are aster Tom Davies from Everton, and a couple of the other red tops are saying Fellaini and Dendoncker and the ever present Shelvey links. Two of those 4 would do us nicely, but I would like Andre Gomes over all of them.
This site is running with a swap deal for Davies with Antonio going the other way .

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/20 ... -allardyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Much as I like Davies , he's a tigerish young player , only 19 , not sure we should sacrifice Antonio , but if he is being a bit of an arse as is being said on here then yeah I can see it happening .

p.s. not sure how serious of a site this Royal Blue Mersey is as they describe Antonio as our Left Back . :)
Last edited by The Old Man of Storr on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I'd take Davies from Everton, him and Cullen pushing for a place on the bench or first eleven would be very good.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Did not realise Davies was that young. Seems to be a very capable player already, that young then bags of potential as well. Big question though is why would Everton want to sell? Also if Sam is after all these attackers what does that mean for Calvert-Lewin, another youngster who seems to have bags of pace and loads of potential.
traxop

Post by traxop »

Antonio is one of our best transfer asset. I feel there will always be a lower-half club naive enough to pay a premium for him. After all even experienced operators like Spurs and Levey have been proned to transfer mistakes of Sissoko-sized proportions. Some naive club will look at Antonio and see only the athlete, and that'll be enough for them to bite.

We shouldn't be looking at trade deals where the targets are the likes of the Tom Davies of the world. They might have potential but still unproven. Instead, we should extract maximum value for Antonio and use it to fund transfers for the likes of Carvalho - players that have already 'done' it at a high level for both club and country, in their prime and have competed against the likes of Barca in the Champions League on a regular basis.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

Davies has 46 Premier League appearances and isn’t 20 for 6 months. Antonio is 27, 28 in two and a half months and has 70 Premier league appearances.he has scored twice in his last 35 premier league matches and has not generated an assist in a year. On top of that he has been reported to be too big for his boots, wants out, is on a huge wage and does not have a great injury record.
If we could get Tom Davies plus a bit of cash for Antonio, I’d drive him to Liverpool myself.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Notice Snodders bagged another couple for Villa yesterday. I’ll say it again, he got a raw deal at the club and I would be very interested to see what Moyes could do with him.
Last edited by ironilunga on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Snodgrass was ****ing awful for us. He’s doing well in the Championship. Good luck to him. He’s probably best off staying there.
jevs
Has liked: 474 likes
Total likes: 293 likes

Post by jevs »

ironilunga wrote:Notice Snodders bagged another couple for Villa yesterday. I’ll say it again, he got a raw deal at the club and I would be very interested to see what Moyes could do with him.
Villa won 1-0 with Hogan scoring their goal. He did get an assist for it though.
ironilunga

Post by ironilunga »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Snodgrass was ****ing awful for us.
He was only at the club for 3 months and under a manager that was starting lose the plot. Hardly a fair crack of the whip!

He is clearly a premier league player as opposed to a championship player and I predict we would see a totally different player under Moyes. Probably wont find out anyway but should get our money back when we sell him.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Snodgrass is a bottling shitter, ****ing terrible. Matty Etherington type bottler but without the quality and end product of him.
ironilunga

Post by ironilunga »

jevs wrote:Villa won 1-0 with Hogan scoring their goal. He did get an assist for it though.
Excellent point Jevs. Having realised I was reading a result from earlier in January I was just deciding on whether or not to discreetly edit my post. To keep my error secret I would now need to drag you into my conspiracy, which may require cash payments depending on your character.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Daily Record claim Moyes wants Snodgrass back, while The Sun reckon a loan with an option for Khouma Babacar from Fiorentina.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Snodgrass is a real Moyes type player.

I would be happy to have Snoddy back to give him a second go
ironilunga

Post by ironilunga »

West Ham Matt wrote:Snodgrass is a bottling shitter, ****ing terrible.
How many players have we said that about over the past 6 months, Arnautovic being one.

Form is temporary class is permanent.
ironilunga

Post by ironilunga »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Snodgrass is a real Moyes type player.

Deserves another go under a different regime. Would be like a new signing IMO.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

I would rather sell Snodgrass because he is 30 now and this will be the best time to recoup some of our money back.Also I would sell him because as a player he will not fit our system.Moyes likes us to defend deep and break away at pace on the counter attack.I would prefer us to sell him and sign a younger replacement 21-25 age bracket and with pace and skill.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Snodgrass is a real Moyes type player.

Me too Bilic used him poorly
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

would not want Snodgrass back over 30 and useless for us. time to move on. also gsb will treat him as a new signing no doubt !

I would like Cullen oxford rice and burke added to first team squad and to get some games. lets see if they can make it with us.

carroll Snodgrass sakho are players we need to shift.

I would add Hernandez to that list but we need some strikers left. maybe he will get a chance as we now start playing it on the ground and no more hoofball to carroll !

we need a new RB although byram is nearly back and hopefully can stay fit for rest of the season

DM needed as not convinced by obiang and kouyate both being in the team at the same time.

striker - young and pacey and injury free hopefully. Dembele ?

attacking midfielder shelvey seems the obvious one .

in the summer need to clear out deadwood including fonte zabaleta and sakho or carroll if still here.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Yep I agree with the ‘no’ to snodgrass camp. He had his chance and that ship has now sailed.
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

Personally, I wouldn’t want Snodgrass back. Seems a good bloke, and he did have poor start here that wasn’t exactly his fault, but for me, we always play better when we have pace. Arnie and Lanzini together yesterday were brilliant. Running at defenders, making them panic, it was lovely to watch. Snodgrass is too slow for that in my opinion - would only slow us down.

Would rather get our 10m back for him from Villa in the summer and move on.

Antonio can also go. Didn’t realise the stats were so bad for him - 2 goals in his last 35 games and zero assists in a year?! Pathetic. As mentioned previously, I’m sure someone could take a 20m gamble on him.