Transfer Window: January 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Re: January transfer window

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

lib2007 wrote:What's Ravel up to these days?
Fear & loathing in Guadalajara: https://www.footballparadise.com/ravel-morrison-mexico/
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I'd be on the trumpet to Bolton, personally.

So long as we get Cullen and Burke back, they can have Hart on loan instead.
Modern
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Modern »

If you had the choice of the following options, which would you go for:

a. 20m to invest in the squad.
b. 50m+ to invest in the squad but sell Lanzini.

On the assumption that all the money would be invested.
Bielefeld-Hammer
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Bielefeld-Hammer »

I'm longing for someone like Di Canio. Someone, proudly, strength of character, a fighting man who wears our jersey confidently. We have a squad full of randomness, replaceable, blank-faced, random selection/structure. The same applies to our manager history since we have been taken over by the dildo brothers. Thank you G&S, for nothing. You're Millwall scum!
The Claret Pimpernel

Post by The Claret Pimpernel »

1 year on ...... it clearly evident how good Payet was and how much the whole team depended on him .
With the current owners I could say so much more, I won’t however what I will say is any decision will only be ever made to their benefit and interests. anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The Claret Pimpernel wrote:any decision will only be ever made to their benefit and interests. anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
Quoted for truth .
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Bielefeld-Hammer wrote:I'm longing for someone like Di Canio. Someone, proudly, strength of character, a fighting man who wears our jersey confidently.
di canio wouldn't have given a toss about the club we are now. anyone driven by passion and intensity won't find it at our zombie club playing at the cesspit.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

lib2007 wrote:What's this year's equivalent of Robbie Keane?

Errrrrr... Robbie Keane
preston
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by preston »

hammer1975 wrote:Jack Colback
He would improve our midfield!
tizzwoz

Post by tizzwoz »

Blimey... normally the transfer window thread is place for blind optimism... where we naively reel off names we have no chance of signing. We can't even muster that anymore.
Come on people, let's at least suggest a few names that could conceivably turn us from terrible to vaguely watchable.
Let's be honest, given our impending relegation, loans look most likely and players out of favour but hoping for late world cup spot.
Ins
Jack Wilshire - massive gamble but that's where we are now. If fit would be an improvement- loan

Jermaine Defoe - not working for him at Bournemouth. Doubt they'd loan him out though but he's prob on massive money so they might wanna save salary. - loan

Fellanni- not a prayer of him coming to us unless moyes has naked pictures of him on his phone and is willing to bribe him. But is the sort of fighter we need

Luke Shaw- has enough of cresswell and masuaku can't defend. Shaw on loan maybe not too far fetched.

Reece Oxford and snoddy recalled from loan.

Central defender????

Outs
I really don't think we're in a position to bin off anyone given how difficult it will be to replace them but in an ideal world I'd get rid of...
Ogbonna, obiang, lanzini, Arnie, Carroll, ayew,... sod it I might as well say our entire squad. Not one if them holds any value to me
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

The owners opened their wallets before when we were in the risk of going down. so im hoping they will follow up again.

Step one recall all the loans we can.. we need as many players as possible to get us out this mess

step two bring in two decent CBs.. face up to the fact we actually don't have a single decent CB anymore.. open the books and spend big money here

Step three weaken teams around us... buy naughton off Swansea ... least he still got his legs.. RB sorted.

upfront I wouldn't bother touching our attacking players actually we have very good ones..... we do however need to build a complete back line.. start with 2 centre backs and maybe a ball winning midfielder

those should be a focus

stop the floodgates opening again
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

no chance of them opening the cheque book unless they sell to balance the books as per the net spend of 4m in the summer window.

only player who would command a fee would be lanzini 25m to spurs.

I wouldn't sell him as only creative player we have other than Antonio.

sell carroll

would recall reeces and Cullen

plenty of pace with this lot

Adrian
byram oxford reid cresswell
Antonio rice kouyate masuaka
sakho Hernandez

subs trott zab obiang lanzini noble arnautovic ayew
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

hammerman11 wrote:no chance of them opening the cheque book unless they sell to balance the books as per the net spend of 4m in the summer window.

only player who would command a fee would be lanzini 25m to spurs.

I wouldn't sell him as only creative player we have other than Antonio.

sell carroll

would recall reeces and Cullen

plenty of pace with this lot

Adrian
byram oxford reid cresswell
Antonio rice kouyate masuaka
sakho Hernandez

subs trott zab obiang lanzini noble arnautovic ayew
You say that but they got history here.. when we were in relegation zone before at Xmas they brought in Keane on loan and spent 9 million on demba ba

They can’t afford us to go down
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

they may spend 9m on some has been but don't expect anything decent in their prime !

no chance of carvalho !

anyway who would want to join us ?
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1191 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Given our precarious position I reckon we will go for loans or loans with a view to permanent deals.

INS
Ings - Loan with a view to permanent deal.
Carrick (until the end of the season - Buy big in the summer for a long term player in this position)
Loan CB

OUT
Carroll - I think he is now a complicating factor in terms of the way we play - we pitch to play to his strengths and then he drifts in and out of the side. I am quite frankly fed up with him.
Last edited by ironilunga on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

The appointment of the manager is a heavy indicator of the January window.

Expect washed up has beens on short term contracts. Although with our business skills they will probably get 6 year contracts.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

Ings why would we want him and a 36 year old carrick ? we will be even slowe than we are now

agree get rid of carroll and replace with Martinez in the squad. young and hungry

ogbonna -5m ?
carroll 10m ?
sakho 10m ? would keep him as best striker but he wants to go.

buy carvalho with that lot and extra 10m
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1118 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

As I posted in a match thread, we haven’t brought in anyone worth keeping for four windows, they’re either already gone or still here and complete flops. Can’t see that changing while Sullivan is still picking the players. All this talk again of budgets and players with actual asking prices is all pie in the sky. It will take £100m+ to sort out the mess of our squad and keep us up.

We’ll get a couple of loans and freebies as usual!
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1191 likes

Post by ironilunga »

hammerman11 wrote:Ings why would we want him and a 36 year old carrick ? we will be even slower than we are now
Carrick will be fresh having not played this season. Top top players do not have to be lightening fast (Sheringham).

Ings is a complete striker and at 25 would be a terrific investment if he is fit and well. Hernandez, Ings, Martinez, Sakho (unless we cash in) is a much more balanced forward line and one without the hindrance of a player like Carroll who we have tried to pander to in terms of style of play.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

The Claret Pimpernel wrote:1 year on ...... it clearly evident how good Payet was and how much the whole team depended on him .
With the current owners I could say so much more, I won’t however what I will say is any decision will only be ever made to their benefit and interests. anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Wow , you mean we're getting William Carvalho and Ross Barkley in January , that's great news !!

Thank You , Daves , thank you thank you thank you !!

What's that you're saying , I don't understand , .........FFP ??