Transfer Window: January 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Re: January transfer window

Post by carnage »

Our owners will look at the state we are in and prepare for the Championship. Quite a few outs and a couple of loans in. We will be lucky to have 15 points by Jan 1st.

It’s all gone wrong because of their transfer dealings. Not backing Bilic after we finished 7th, selling Payet (on the cheap)and a complete clusterfuck of a transfer policy since.

Nobody will convince me the players we got in during the summer were Biluc’s 1st choices which is completely different to Bilic wanting them.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

No one will pay a fee in January for the players we want to shift.

No player will join us unless it is for a significant increase on their weekly wage.

I hope we do no business in January. Whoever we bring in will be a short term fix and this lot will bring them in on a two or three year deal which then means less investment in the summer. I think we’ve reached the stage where only a relegation can clear the decks sufficiently for us to rebuild a balanced squad.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

With Adrian, Cresswell, Masuaku, Rice, Oxford, Fonte, Byram, Collins, Noble, Fernandes, Snodgrass, Arnautovic, Antonio we have a decent group of players who are more than capable of fighting for a top six spot next season. In the other division 8-)
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

if we are to buy just one decent player it has to be carvalho but how he will dfeel about being in a terrible team facing relegation with the world cup coming up who knows.

finance him by offloading ogbonna carroll and spend 20m

bring the kids into the squad

Martinez oxford burke Cullen quinna Holland fresh hungry players

we go down fighting at least.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Cheap, RB, out of contract in the summer.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1192 likes

Post by ironilunga »

MB wrote:No one will pay a fee in January for the players we want to shift.
Diafra Sakho is a 27 year-old proven prem striker wiho is out of contract at the end of the season. Staggered if several clubs dont come in for him in Jan.

TBF I think Carroll might be more difficult to shift but perhaps the right deal might appeal to certain clubs.

Beyond the above two I see no value in flogging players in Jan.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

We need 2 x centre midfielders and a new left back.

Hart / Adrian we are stuck with not gonna change.
Cresswell needs upgrading in my eyes.
Centre half I truly believe we should bring Burke back from loan and play him, he'd best our best centre half next season. Oxford coming back and Rice coming through I don't want them to buy a centre half and impede the youngsters progress.
Rightback. I'd love to see Byram given a fair crack.
Wingers Arnie, Antonio, Masuaku, Ayew, we have enough here.
Centre mid we are desperate. I'd sell Obiang and Kouyate. We need a huge upgrade here and protection for our defense and someone to help Lanzini.

Forard they will get a loan in. I think Sahko will be off.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

To me, there are a few, literally a few, players who we could sell for a fee in this window, namely

1. Lanzini
2. Ayew
3. Antonio
4. Hernandez (but probably overseas), and
5. Adrian.

The catch here is that we would be weakening badly our own chances of survival. Therefore, I would take their sales as indicative of knowledge that we are doomed and in terms an effort to cash in at their highest respective values.

Anyone interested in Sakho, if there is anyone truthfully, would offer a loan, with a view to dealing with him directly in the summer, if he does well. He'd want that, too, for the signing on fee.

Our defence would not interest even the teams who are hoping to achieve promotion to the top flight.

The rest of our squad have had such a poor start to the season that I cannot see them attracting anyone's covetous eyes.

I genuinely cannot see that many players who are out there and likely to think that they'd be better off in our shirt, than staying put on Random FC's bench, or sidelines of a squad.

We need an upgrade in several areas (that much is obvious), but how many are looking to re-ignite their careers with the Moy-tivator? :eh:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Sakho may well end up at Everton .Whether or not it's in January is debatable , he may wish to punish the owners by holding on until June .
szola wrote:With Adrian, Cresswell, Masuaku, Rice, Oxford, Fonte, Byram, Collins, Noble, Fernandes, Snodgrass, Arnautovic, Antonio we have a decent group of players who are more than capable of fighting for a top six spot next season. In the other division 8-)
The truth , right there .
carnage wrote:Our owners will look at the state we are in and prepare for the Championship. Quite a few outs and a couple of loans in. We will be lucky to have 15 points by Jan 1st.
I agree with that , although if Huddersfield continue to slide down the table they may just save our bacon .

Two players I would look at, and I'd be happy with either, although on very different contract terms .

Yaya Toure, offer him an 18 month deal .I'd only really want him as a desperate roll of the dice to stay up this season , effectively paying him 18 months money for 5 months of work .

Thomas Parety from Atletico .I'd give him a 5 year deal on decent money .
sosc67

Post by sosc67 »

We should only buy players that have long term benefits for our club regardless of us staying up or going down next season

1. Joris Gnagnon Centre Back plays for ST.Rennairs Age; 20 trf: $6mil

2. Alex Blin Cdm plays for Toulouse Age: 20 trf: $6mil
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Demba Ba-esq sort term loans and measures to cover up longer term issues with possibly a bit of sell before you buy.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Lanzini to Spurs appears to be getting talked more and more about :shock:
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Last time we were in this position we brought in two expensive loans (Keane and Bridge), haggled for a whole month over Demba Ba (we didn't spend £9m on him- it was about a third of that) and pulled out of free transfer Sidwell as Karren thought we had enough in midfield with Collison and Hitzlsperger returning from injury (that went well as a decision with Sidwell being a solid prem player for three years after)

Anyone thinking they will break their life long approach of haggling for a month whilst the winnable games fly by whilst existing in a state of delusion about the ability of our overall team is being somewhat optimistic.

Ps I still think Charlie Taylor would improve us
Last edited by hammer1975 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

We don't need to sell to buy - we have one of the smallest squads in the premiership, and the Payet money is still burning a hoe in dwarf's pocket.

We need a holding midfield player and another centre half if they have doubts on Rice, which we'll find out in the next few games ...

Moyes won't allow anyone to leave unless he decides he wants them gone. Sakho looks rejuvenated so I doubt he'll be going.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Was it really just 3 months ago that we were saying that the squad was one of our best ever, the summer signings were decent and we were in for a good season? So how come these players are now worth sod-all and unattractive to potential buyers? Fact is their confidence is shot. Management is mostly not about tactics but about instilling self-belief (this is what the likes of Fergie and Clough and Ramsey were good at) and put into a new side, these players who look no-hopers at the moment will no doubt shine again.Until the likes of Manu, Mickey and Arnie find their feet and starting doing what they are paid to do, confidence will remain low throughout the club.

I agree with others that some of the kids need to get a run-out. I see that the likes of Solanke, Calvert-Lewis and others from the U-20 world cup win are now getting used and profitting so our youngsters ought to be trusted. Perhaps against Arsenal in the cup?
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

So we have still have the Payet money? Exciting times gentlemen...

Perhaps he should've emptied his pockets when it mattered. West Brom, Swansea, Crystal Palace, Huddersfield and Newcastle are still all realistic options to go down. We have to do decent business in January. Personally I think Swansea and Huddersfield will go down, which leaves the other 4 of us fighting it out.

Jack Wilshere is one player I would like to see here.
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Loans , loans and more loans for players comming in

Could see Lanzini to Spurs as we have to sell before we can buy being an excuse.

Hart needs to go back to free up some wages for positions we really need.

The romantic in me says we will stay up, the realist is looking at midlands club fixtures for next season.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

pezza20 wrote: Moyes won't allow anyone to leave unless he decides he wants them gone. Sakho looks rejuvenated so I doubt he'll be going.
When we lose our next four games taking his record to played 7, lost 6 drawn 1 I’d hope he is first out in January to be fair!

That’s the best bit of business we could do
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

ToiletDuck wrote:Loans , loans and more loans for players comming in

Could see Lanzini to Spurs as we have to sell before we can buy being an excuse.

Hart needs to go back to free up some wages for positions we really need.

The romantic in me says we will stay up, the realist is looking at midlands club fixtures for next season.
How much would we get for Lanzini ? How much is he worth ?

The annoying thing is that if you pitch him in with other top players he is a maestro. He just seems to have given up with our bunch of veteran plodders.

Spurs would probably offer minimal with a loan of one of their youths and our sad twats would take that. We should demand a huge sell on whoever we sell him to...
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Hart cannot go back he is on a seaon long loan, i expect Lanzini to be sold in January unfortunately our lot seem incapable of getting good deals and overpay or undersell , so expect Lanzini to go for peanuts and us to buy another Snodgrassesque player