Transfer Window: January 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Re: January transfer window

Post by goa127 »

Completely agree about the poor record of Russians over here, seems there have been conflicting reports published. Dodgy agents, imaginative journos? surely not!
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

all this Mbemba talk make me more convinced we are selling Oxford and Mbemba will be his replacement Headbanger

still no jinxed or ITK news ??
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Has the penny dropped yet that we are skint? Well the owners aren’t but the club is .... welcome to the next level!
goof

Post by goof »

Iron Mike saying Ndong from Sunderland, loan with option.
ToiletDuck

Post by ToiletDuck »

N'dong ?? hardly covered himself in glory

I know we are desperate but can we really do no better than him? oh forgot we have the square root of chuff all money
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

I suggested N'Dong in the summer, I genuinely didn't think he was that bad last season, he won't set the world alight but he isn't the worst or best player, on loan why not.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

OK BKHWHU you got me but it is early in the morning!!! I actually googled Christian Louboutin to see who he played for etc etc. Bloody hell this window is doing me head in!!! Shoe-in, I ask you!!! :lol:
ToiletDuck

Post by ToiletDuck »

each window i get carried away with dreams of quality players and end up underwhelmed by loans to get by.

like being promised a steak meal and ending up with dry toast
like being promised a date jennifer aniston and ending up with bella emburgs ugly sister
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

Is the best defensive midfielder available to us the bloke who finished last season in the club that finished bottom with a goal difference of minus 40.
Then follows it up this season helping his club to the foot of the Championship.
Surely we can do better.
Caltagir

Post by Caltagir »

Surely the biggest question still has to be, with an increased TV cheque coming in and all the benefits of not having to pay for a bulb at the LS, where the heck is all the money going?
Our debts are still just as high but now we owe Sullivan, rather than the bank.
If ‘smaller’ teams are paying out, where is our cash going? Yes, we spent on Arnie and Hernandez, but almost all of that was recouped by sales.
We are spending naff all and no papers seem to be mentioning it...
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Ted Fenton wrote: "uptonparkhurst"- To use a poor analogy, if your car loses a wheel and the AA bloke turns up with a ropey spare (take it or leave it) then surely you take it so you can get where you're going?

No way! Driving on a ropey tyre is dangerous (not to say illegal). You call up the AA. complain and sit tight until a proper replacement turns up. Don't they say they respond in 30 minutes?
Remember, this started on the basis of Moyes having the final word. In the analogy refusing a substandard tyre is that final word.
I'm interested to discover who is the football equivalent of calling an AA man in Moyes situation. Getting back to reality his only other choice from taking damaged goods to give half a chance to escape from the predicament he finds himself in this transfer scenario would be to resign, or if we continue in motorway terms call a cab and leave the car to the breakers which at the moment seems a pretty good metaphor for West Ham.
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 402 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

[quote="ToiletDuck"]each window i get carried away with dreams of quality players and end up underwhelmed by loans to get by.
[quote]

Snap!

I come on this thread hoping for some snippet of quality inbound to be met with wish lists and dreams that I can't help but participate in :o

Desperately want info on a signing but in the same breath I'd chastise the club for leaking info!

Still we're a third through the window and nothing doing. Patch it up and limp in the rest of the season....... and repeat
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

If it comes to buying N’Dong I’d rather play Reece Oxford

That’s what Sullivan is like he will test the market think he pocket the cash for himself and lower the fans expectations by putting out stories of failed players that the fans don’t want us to sign
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Reece Oxford is a cb. He played a few games CM (as did Tomkins) because Billic does that as a development thing. (Teaching them to have less time on the ball)

There is obviously an issue with Oxford we are not aware of. Someone doesn't like him I would guess. The fact that we are considering selling him still indicates it wasn't billic.

Unless. Of course. He isn't good enough.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Caltagir wrote:Surely the biggest question still has to be, with an increased TV cheque coming in and all the benefits of not having to pay for a bulb at the LS, where the heck is all the money going?
Our debts are still just as high but now we owe Sullivan, rather than the bank.
If ‘smaller’ teams are paying out, where is our cash going? Yes, we spent on Arnie and Hernandez, but almost all of that was recouped by sales.
We are spending naff all and no papers seem to be mentioning it...
The money has gone on the dildos 'spending' on tick the last three years using it up front to finance their mythical spending big publicity stunt to fool the fans into accepting the big move (and I say that as a supporter of the move, at least in principle). It meant they had to put nothing in themselves knowing new income to service or repay the loans will be coming in thereafter all of which they so generously took over on behalf of the club. Sadly what money comes in for the sale of the Boleyn will no doubt line their pockets to pay off those loans leaving the club pretty much as in debt as it was before no doubt meanwhile paying them at the notorious 7%.

So the money is effectively being 're-engineered' in ways that would probably make Richard Branson blush and all we will get from the owners is how it was all used to save the club and put it in great shape for the future and finance all the wonderful transfer business, as meanwhile the Securicor vans weave their way in and out of Sullivan Towers headed for their bank vault of choice. One does have to wonder if they hadn't stumbled upon the cheapest world class player for that seminal season just how they could have sold their myth as much as even the dismal extent we see it as now. I think it proves their delusion is as great as their manipulative qualities.

But clearly it all proves they only cared what we thought for those few seasons around the move and having got away with it knew that they could simply ignore the core support thereafter once it's a fait accompli and we all discover its really just normal service resumed. But by this time of course in an environment of the newbie tourist supporter drowning out the complaints... or so they expected. But they expected things to be somewhat better than they are no doubt. The contempt they hold us in eh.
Last edited by e-20 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Condorhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Condorhammer »

Looks like Brady's getting the excuses in early in her Scum article today.
What a thouroughly odious c**t that woman is!
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

Ndong starting for Sunderland.
On Sky in 40 minutes if anyone is interested.
ToiletDuck

Post by ToiletDuck »

Hugh, bit surprised about the Oxford not being good enough comment.

while i agree there is something odd about the situation, having been coveted by the money bags teams, captaining the national side (above his age i believe) i would say that his prospects & potential are definatley there

maybe i am expecting each academy defender to be a Rio , every midflielder to be a Carrick,Cole, Lampard & Bonds and the striker to be be Cottee or Defoe

not digging you out , just feel its a strange thing to say
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

At least N'dong would be a known quantity for Moyes and McKinlay. They would be well paced to judge whether he's likely to add anything. I'm looking for positives.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 618 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Condorhammer wrote:Looks like Brady's getting the excuses in early in her Scum article today.
What a thouroughly odious c**t that woman is!
What has Cruella said now?