Transfer Window: January 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Re: January transfer window

Post by Believer »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
Hugill has scored 10 goals in all competitions for the Championship club this season and West Ham paid £8m to sign the 25-year-old despite not being convinced that he will be a success in the Premier League.

£8m ? I could have sworn they were putting it out last night that he cost £12m !
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

This season we have:

Sold 13 players (for approx £53m)
Loaned out 4 players
Bought 4 players (for approx £40m)
Loaned in 2 players

Probably a net profit of about £10m on player movements, taking into account loan fees.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Ok I may be getting close to conspiracy theory territory here. But I had a thought earlier that just may give some meaning to recent seemingly incomprehensible events. Firstly Many have been shocked at just how little the club have done this window to improve the squad even by the low expectations and confidence we have in the owners ability/willingness to spend.

Meanwhile in the final hours of the window we get the Henry allegations. We presume that these two events are unlinked in any way though vague accusations that the latter was a leak by Sullivan were made because of the obvious timing. Well I wonder if the timing was indeed not coincidence though not quite in the way we think. The fact this was released by the Mail the morning after the window closed was clearly no coincidence, but probably they left it till then to avoid muddying transfer business which could have led to accusations against the paper's interference and risk diluting the accusations themselves. That being said how long ago did this happen and how long have the owners known of this problem and prospective publication? Days, a week, weeks? Can anyone clarify this from released information? But if it's a week or more knowing how our owners leave things late at the best of times did it effect their desire to bring in players and indeed even the shift out of troublesome players at any costs to try to minimise colateral damage. After all we already have Kouyate making his opinion clear and others decidedly unhappy it seems. We can only guess how this will relate to performance on the pitch.

Equally if the owners had heard whispers of this breaking story, who knows when, but certainly one presumes at least when the Mail spoke to Henry, then the potential damage including perhaps even the prospective loss of our Manager (maybe even worse) at a vital moment would be known to them, indeed who knows what else. In that circumstance would they want to invest heavily even with the risks involved in not doing so? Wouldn't they want to save, even grab money this window, thus making 6 month loans of decent players with no enforced buy clause and otherwise cheap buys the preferred options until they know the true dangers they face and the effects on the team, whether the damage is survivable be it team or club hierarchy? After all keeping the Manager happy is hardly a priority in that scenario is it, or indeed the fans too. So maybe this isn't such a fanciful thought after all.
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

Belgium midfielder Leander Dendoncker is negotiating a release cause with Anderlecht after the club rejected a deadline-day offer from West Ham. ( Het Laatste Nieuws in Dutch).

Crystal Palace also made an offer for Dendoncker, 22, but it was too late to work out a deal, according to Anderlecht General Manager Herman van Holsbeek ( Sporza - in Dutch)
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

Being serious, Kirchoff would be decent, if it's a performance related deal that is no risk to us.

He'd certainly be motivated to prove everybody wrong and rescue his career.

A bit like Moyes...
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Believer,

Think you may have missed the odd player and some of the figures might be a little light. Also I think the figure needs to include all wages thus appearance fees and goal/clean sheet bonuses on top. That said I would be very surprised if we were so close to the cap we could not have afforded at least one more if they had wanted to pay the fee. I do not understand why they left Obiang’s injury uncovered - seems to be a very dangerous risk. As for the business we did do not to unhappy with that as we shipped out two players Moyes did not want to play for two he would be prepared to use by the look of it.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

As if gsbgsb doesn't stand for Gold Sullivan Brady :lol:
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Ben wrote:As if gsbgsb doesn't stand for Gold Sullivan Brady :lol:
So good he named them twice

Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

Gsbgsb wrote:Believer,

Also I think the figure needs to include all wages thus appearance fees and goal/clean sheet bonuses on top. .
I also forgot Doris the cleaner, Mavis that makes the tea or Percy who empties the bins.

Fact remains they are suggesting that we have the 7th highest pay bill yet it seems to me we are at no more than £50m - £60m which is well below their claims
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

M*A*R*C wrote:Being serious, Kirchoff would be decent, if it's a performance related deal that is no risk to us.

He'd certainly be motivated to prove everybody wrong and rescue his career.

A bit like Moyes...
Was thinking that. He is a decent player.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Apparently we didn’t stand a chance with Slimani as Leicester wouldn’t deal with us after Karren Brady had a pop at their board over the sacking of Ranieri a while back
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Hammersfaniow wrote:Apparently we didn’t stand a chance with Slimani as Leicester wouldn’t deal with us after Karren Brady had a pop at their board over the sacking of Ranieri a while back

her newspaper column is a huge conflict of interests with her job as vice-chair etc here ., as is her tv role on the apprentice . I think the power has really gone to her head
jphammer341

Post by jphammer341 »

Believer wrote:Out of curiosity how is our wage bill so high ?

Hart - £100k
Hernandez - £125k
Carroll - £80k
Fonte - £70k
Antonio - £50k
Noble - £60k
Ogbonna - £50k
Reid - £60k
Arnie - £90k
Lanzini - £30k
Obiang - £40k
Cresswell - £50k
Zabaleta - £50k
Collins - £40k
Masuaku - £20k
Byram - £15k
Kouyate - £60k
Cullen - £5k
Snodgrass (part) - £50k

Mario - £100k (for 5 months tops)

So all in all I'd guess I'm there or thereabout and that comes in at around £1000000 a week give or take which is around £52m. Add in Miss Piggy at £2m a year and a few kids in the U23s and we are nowhere near the figures being bandied about.

It's a sham. An absolute sham !
I think those figures are a bit low for some players - eg. Hernandez widely reported to be 145 etc.

Also players get stupid bonuses just for getting game time etc.

BUT totally agree with the post in principle considering the tv money should essentially cover this with plenty left over.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

is Lanzini really on 30k ?, when all around him are on x2 x3 ?
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

chigwells finest wrote:is Lanzini really on 30k ?, when all around him are on x2 x3 ?
Travesty if true
Belchio

Post by Belchio »

If Lanzini is really on £30K a week im shocked. A big club could easily double that and his head would be turned.

He will be gone by the summer
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2896 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Ben wrote:As if gsbgsb doesn't stand for Gold Sullivan Brady :lol:
Whereas ABGSB stands for Anyone But Gold Sullivan Brady.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Kirchoff left Sunderland due to Moyes not offering him a contract. Unlikely I would say.
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

Kirchoff would be pointless with his injury record, hasn't played since Dec 2016.

I'd look to get William Vainqueur in on a six-month deal. Available for free, previously with Roma and Marseille, and although he wouldn't set the world alight he'd be an extra body in the middle of the park with Obiang unlikely to play again this season.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Bin this thread :lol: