Jan Transfer Window 18/19

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Re: Jan Transfer Window 18/19

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

hammers92 wrote:I was out last night and I look this morning to find a PL team has actually signed a 38 year old Peter Crouch, that's hilarious.
How old was Teddy?
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

I reckon a 38 year old Peter Crouch will have a goals per minute ratio that may end up being higher than any of ours strikers.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I turned transfer deadline day on twice last night, both 5 min spells, first time Darren Bent had a multiple choice of how much PL clubs had spent on him in his career, 2nd time, they were showing graphs of Google trends over the last few days of what search criteria people were typing in on certain players..

My sweet baby Jesus it was dreadful!
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

I don't get players like Cahill or Drinkwater, not moving, probably wouldn't even have to move house if they stayed in London

Someone like Rudy Gestede at Boro, never playing, Millwall offered him a six month loan he turned it down, would've been first team week in week out, the main man, lived in London and if he did well someone might go for him
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I think we will struggle for form for the rest of the season. I am surprised we didn't get in another CB and DM for cover .

The summer window is going to have to be big and fast.

I wont do another list but suffice to say we need a lot.

I hope carroll perez Hernandez obiang masuaka ogbonna oxford all leave the club as they offer very little.
arnie is likely to be off and I doubt zaba will stick around for another season at the circus

so a lot to do. GSB need to spend large again.
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

looks like Fulham are really going to turn the corner, check this out

https://www.football365.com/news/fulham ... -nordtveit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I cant work out if this was written tongue in cheek or whether this bloke is on crack
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri refused to travel on the team bus following the Blues' 4-0 loss to Bournemouth on Wednesday.

Roman Abramovich has sent repeated text messages to Maurizio Sarri asking for an explanation to Chelsea's recent decline.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :D
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

ageing hammer wrote:Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri refused to travel on the team bus following the Blues' 4-0 loss to Bournemouth on Wednesday.

Roman Abramovich has sent repeated text messages to Maurizio Sarri asking for an explanation to Chelsea's recent decline.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :D
I believe the special one is available... :lol:
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

Trouble is some supporters would be happy for us to change manager season in season out. I want stability and for MP to get two or three summer windows to get his own squad.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Chippenhammer wrote:Trouble is some supporters would be happy for us to change manager season in season out. I want stability and for MP to get two or three summer windows to get his own squad.
Spot on and if this happens then we will be top six. :thup:
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

I'd have Crouch over Carroll.
Paolopaul
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 301 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

For me we just really needed a centre back - ogbonna has really lost it this season. I personally would have gone with Cahill but from what I can tell we were reluctant to pay big wages for anyone.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Chippenhammer wrote:Trouble is some supporters would be happy for us to change manager season in season out. I want stability and for MP to get two or three summer windows to get his own squad.
Do you honestly think Pellegrini will get his own squad? He has at least four players who want out - Arnautovic,Hernandez,Perez and Obiang - he has at least two players that are an absolute liability time and time again -Masuaku and Ogbonna and David Sullivan has hung him out to dry by not addressing,at least, one of his "problems", deprived him of a fighting chance to finish "best of the rest", a probable extra £10m from PL placing and Cup run and virtually having to start from scratch rebuilding next summer.
claretchris
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 73 likes

Post by claretchris »

The key question for me is did Pellegrini stand firm on not taking players he didn't want or did S&G fail to come up with the goods?
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

The season is knackered and I think we'll probably end up around 14th now.
Not that bothered we didn't get anybody in but I'd have been tempted to shift Hernandes and Perez off the wage bill and offer Carroll on a free to any mug that would take him.
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

I'm not surprised we didn't bring anyone in. And nor do i think it was needed (in regards to the context of our season).

We aren't in any cups, and we aren't going to make Europe. Nor are we in any danger of getting relegated.

Since there isnt value in Jan, better to hold off.

I think its telling that the overall spend in Jan for PL has really dropped off, when compared to last year.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Couldn't wait to get onto this thread this morning before I have to go outside and knacker myself shifting snow galore! So we signed no-one and the Batty man has gone to Palace. As I said a few days ago it is clearly a case of "31 points in January syndrome" and apparently being safe too early. Well we are capable of taking this losing run a lot further and the pressure will be well and truly on in those Huddersfield/Fulham/Saints/Toon home matches with around six or seven points needed. Of course we'll survive, 14th-16th very probably, but the "battle for 7th" now looks a long way away. Feel free to tell the eternal pessimist that I know nowt! I don't mind as it's just my opinion. But we are a shambles and I haven't got that wrong. :crest:
umweb
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by umweb »

Het-Field wrote: Palace have this capacity for deals like this which often show up other clubs in the transfer market.
yeah, like they showed us for benteke as well.

palace have a capacity for high risk / low reward signings.

one of the highest wage bills with very little return and not something we need to be jealous of.
SullySpecial
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

I’m fairly satisfied with Nasri and the other chap as our January signings. If we were pushing for a cup or a European spot, then I’d say that the owners had bottled it (again). It’s easy to say that we needed to shift the huge amount of deadwood in the squad, but given the current list of injuries, we need them all unfortunately.

Anyone truly expecting a big January signing was always destined for disappointment.
Watford Hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Watford Hammer »

[quote="hammerman11"]I wont do another list.................

.......carroll perez Hernandez obiang masuaka ogbonna oxford /quote]

:D