Jan Transfer Window 18/19

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: Jan Transfer Window 18/19

Post by hammerman11 »

plenty of deadwood and dross to shift next summer then.

we also need to think of replacing noble who cant go on for ever. at the moment he starts every game as we have no one else. that is not a healthy situation to be in.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

hammerman11 wrote:plenty of deadwood and dross to shift next summer then.

we also need to think of replacing noble who cant go on for ever. at the moment he starts every game as we have no one else. that is not a healthy situation to be in.
You might be interested to know then, that this morning's press links us with Miguel Almiron again, with whom we were linked with in the last window before Sullly counted up just how much he had spent and screemed out - How much ??? and put his wallet away . By the way, Almiron will cost north of £30m
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1676 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Just read that PSG apparently want Issa Diop for £50m.
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Just read that PSG apparently want Issa Diop for £50m.

More
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

++

They could have bought him for £22m only last summer - they must have a worse scouting system than West Ham .

I hate the likes of PSG and Manchester City .

Diop has the potential to become the World's Most Expensive Defender .
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

Rondon and bakayoko will do please. Rondon for Carroll is a no brainer.
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by steps »

Just read this too.

F**k!
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

£50 million? Cahill for ten, lovely jubbly. Karren, open the Cinzano!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Antonio to Palace has to be nailed on, surely? Being overlooked for a kid.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1994 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

and subbed before him last week was it - message has to there doesn't it...

thought Antonio did well when he came on, tough to judge at the end, he looked gassed and didn't track back a lot, but I would imagine that Pellers told him, hang out up front and give us an outlet ball....

That's what I would have told my players (but Pellers probably had no such intent :D )

seriously though, I think that was the idea, get the defenders to knock it over the top and let him make the defenders work hard - and to be fair it almost worked, he got a couple of chances himself, one he lost, one he lost and won back and took a good shot, and one more he laid on a plate for the Ogster...and one I am convinced he was hauled down, last defender right in front of Oliver...thought that could have easily gone our way...
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:and subbed before him last week was it - message has to there doesn't it...

thought Antonio did well when he came on, tough to judge at the end, he looked gassed and didn't track back a lot, but I would imagine that Pellers told him, hang out up front and give us an outlet ball....

That's what I would have told my players (but Pellers probably had no such intent :D )

seriously though, I think that was the idea, get the defenders to knock it over the top and let him make the defenders work hard - and to be fair it almost worked, he got a couple of chances himself, one he lost, one he lost and won back and took a good shot, and one more he laid on a plate for the Ogster...and one I am convinced he was hauled down, last defender right in front of Oliver...thought that could have easily gone our way...
The only problem with that 'ouston is that a few minutes earlier he was involved in a similar challenge way out on the left. The TV replays showed that he hooked his arm around the defender's and pulled him on top of him.
As many have said, no football brain. If you're going to pull a trick like that, wait until your in or near the penalty area.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

don't disagree about his football brain (or lack of it) Ron, think it was one of those that gets called loads of times.

however he DID lay the ball off to Oggie when normally he would have hit it and hoped....

can't complain about his effort the last 2 sub appearances though........he is what he is..too old to change I am afraid......
leer34
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by leer34 »

Thought antonio looked a stone or so lighter,
Hopefully that will give him a yard or 2 back into his game.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Puff Daddy wrote:
You might be interested to know then, that this morning's press links us with Miguel Almiron again, with whom we were linked with in the last window before Sullly counted up just how much he had spent and screemed out - How much ??? and put his wallet away . By the way, Almiron will cost north of £30m
He wasn't available last window even if we had been willing to pay, MLS season runs March to October with the cup running October to early December. The agreement with Atlanta and Almiron (also Tata Martino and Josef Martinez) was that they would stay to try and win the title, then be allowed to leave in January.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

isn't he a tiny iddy biddy Eden Hazard type, AMC ?

with Lanzini coming back early new year and us having plonked 40M on Anderson I honestly don't see Sully Sr. spunking north of 30M on another attacking midfield player.

LB/DM/F are priority right now. nice to have a little extra money to chuck at someone who might excel in the MLS but who knows if he will adapt.

Bradley Wright Philips I think is the top goal scorer in MLS history and Robbie Knnae was banging them in for fun in L.A. after failing miserably with us.

not sure that being great there means being great in the PL.

probably am sure we won't find out. not at WHU any way.

:wink:
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:isn't he a tiny iddy biddy Eden Hazard type, AMC ?

with Lanzini coming back early new year and us having plonked 40M on Anderson I honestly don't see Sully Sr. spunking north of 30M on another attacking midfield player.

LB/DM/F are priority right now. nice to have a little extra money to chuck at someone who might excel in the MLS but who knows if he will adapt.

Bradley Wright Philips I think is the top goal scorer in MLS history and Robbie Knnae was banging them in for fun in L.A. after failing miserably with us.

not sure that being great there means being great in the PL.

probably am sure we won't find out. not at WHU any way.

:wink:
He's known in MLS for being relentless in the pressing game, he's very active in dispossessing opponents. In a lot of ways he's what we always hope Lanzini would be, a creative midfielder who runs and scraps when not in possession, now how the translates with the jump in competition.... who knows.

MLS is definitely not a top league, but it has also grown a lot in the last few years as they splashed money to buy up players from the Americas and (mostly) stopped chasing over the hill Europeans (Rooney and ZLATAN being exceptions). The top players in MLS could get playing time in most Euro leagues (Giovinco, Vela, Martinez, Qazaishvili) but the depth isn't there.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we cant afford to try out MLS players.

Jao Mario seems to be the obvious one for us. knows the club and most of the players. not getting played at inter would jump at the chance to come back to us. loan or 15m fee

phil foden at city would be another I would be interested in however I would suspect they will want him to have guaranteed playing time which will be at the expense of our own youngster diagana so I would not take that option up if it comes with such a clause.

DM- we still need one to cover for rice and obiang. that would enable noble to drop to the bench more often.

RB - zab is the man and we have fredericks who will hopefully settle into the team allowing us to rest zab. To be reviewed next summer . one year extension for zab is likely.
LB - masuaka is our number one here and we have cresswell. both not brilliant but to be reviewed in the summer.
CB - diop and Balbuena are superb. ogbonna to cover with hopefully reid coming back soon. review in the summer.

striker - we have arnie. Antonio as a useful sub for him. Hernandez not really settled and can see him going in the jan/summer window. perez has disappeared ? we need another striker in January.no idea who though. maybe tammy Abrahams who is on loan at villa although unsure how he is doing. rondon being mentioned but he is nearly 30 now so would avoid.

so we need central and defensive midfielders and a striker in january.

may be able to shift a few pieces of deadwood but we are short of bodies as we have so many ijuries.
based on this I would probably keep antonio as cover unless someone offers silly money.
hernandez can go for 10-15m if we get a replacement lined up
carroll could go if newcastle are keen. a good player but rarely on the pitch.

so deadwood I would sell in january would be hughill 5-10m, perez 2m, byram if fit 2m, oxford 10m

so could raise around 20m for mario and abrahams?

the summer will be busy again I feel.

ironeyes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by ironeyes »

Joao Mario or Victor Moses on loan to cover Yarmolenko?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Mario as a loan with an option at about €20m in the summer wouldn't be a great surprise.

Decent player, still only 25, who would probably benefit from our current style and set up.

I don't think we have much at all by way of "deadwood" ability wise, but we have a few going out of contract or who are injured far too often.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

bubbles1966 wrote:Antonio to Palace has to be nailed on, surely? Being overlooked for a kid.
2 goals in the league in 2018 from 15 appearances, a physique struggling to give the team more than 30 minutes when he plays.........let's hope so.