PL Trial Verdict: £5.5m fine, no pts deducted, Tevez safe

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Trap1 wrote: I'm glad to oblige you ungrateful sod.
:lol:

So as it stands Tevez can play tomorrow correct?
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

Why is it the panel seemed to believe the Premier League hearsay while not West Ham's? Pot and Kettle me thinks :?
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

Your last post is a classic Harv!

Yes he can play.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 520 likes
Total likes: 1314 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: :lol:

*shakes head at Harvey*
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

Harvey is the one in spinal tap who asks if they're going to do stonehenge.
cornish Jim

Post by cornish Jim »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: :lol:

Only if Teddy fails a fitness test :wink:
dmyeo66

Post by dmyeo66 »

Boogers Caravan Blues wrote:Why is it the panel seemed to believe the Premier League hearsay while not West Ham's? Pot and Kettle me thinks :?
I read that aswell. That bint admitted she got confused what day and wrote a note after the event that actually affected us. When was the note written? Yesterday? Who knows?

Personally I thought we would have had a huge fine and a points deduction.

What it shows up is the poor state the transfer system is still in. All these "undisclosed" transfers dont help either.

I think that during the summer the PL will change a few things to tighten the ship. Starting with their own proceedures I hope. As they admitted they knew something wasnt right in August.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 312 likes

Post by Het-Field »

According to Sky News 7.00pm, Tevez is likely to play tomorrow, and MSI are playing ball with a short term loan deal
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

****ing FA, this is a disgrace.
I agree, 5.5 million is reasonable, seeing as we could easily have been fined the double.
But remember Inter v AC Milan in the Champions League, when Inter-fans threw flares that hit Dida ?

They got fined a pathetic 100.000, we get 55 times that much...
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

Trap1 wrote:Once our premiership status is known the sh*t is well and truly going to hit the fan.

Eggy aint impressed and our legal team are currently digesting the apparently baffling reasons for levying a £5.5m fine.

This one is going to appeal.
I suspect this is one egg that eggy won't lay to rest :oops:

Can see this dragging on for some time with the lawyers queing up outside UP.
dmyeo66

Post by dmyeo66 »

Tis a mess a mess I say.

Let the hunt for Aldridge and Brown commence.
hhammerhead

Post by hhammerhead »

Het-Field wrote:According to Sky News 7.00pm, Tevez is likely to play tomorrow, and MSI are playing ball with a short term loan deal
still saying he's currently illegible and that we have until noon tomorrow to register him properly
garyloz

Post by garyloz »

This has probably been said already (but I can't be bothered to wade through 33 pages) but we are bound to appeal and get the fine reduced for playing ball and holding our hands up. Didn't Alan Sugar do the same thing at Spurs when Irving Scholar and co dropped him it? As I recall their fine and points deduction was reduced.

Then surely he'll sue the knackers off Brown for not disclosing the full facts of the deal when he was preparing to buy the club.
I imagine when Eggy was looking at the books and writing the cheque for £100 mill Brown didn't say: "Oh just one other thing, that Argie deal is as crooked as Steve Bruce's nose. You might want to look into that"
hhammerhead

Post by hhammerhead »

hhammerhead wrote: still saying he's currently illegible and that we have until noon tomorrow to register him properly
and that the fans are in no way to blame ....phew !
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Disgusting!

UNbelievably (or not), we get hammered for this while those c**** from West London who openly tap up players (and that has to be one of the worst things to do) walk away with a 300k fine!!

****'s me off, ****ing PL league

and while there at it, after screwing us for the cost of a top international on a four year contract, let's throw in the uncertanty of not letting the best player play.

****ing c**** all of them
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

garyloz wrote:This has probably been said already (but I can't be bothered to wade through 33 pages) but we are bound to appeal and get the fine reduced for playing ball and holding our hands up. Didn't Alan Sugar do the same thing at Sp*rs when Irving Scholar and co dropped him it? As I recall their fine and points deduction was reduced.

Then surely he'll sue the knackers off Brown for not disclosing the full facts of the deal when he was preparing to buy the club.
I imagine when Eggy was looking at the books and writing the cheque for £100 mill Brown didn't say: "Oh just one other thing, that Argie deal is as crooked as Steve Bruce's nose. You might want to look into that"
The difference with Sugar was that he brought the wrongdoing to the League's attention as soon as he became aware of it. West Ham have always maintained their innocence, until we pleaded guilty.

Aldridge and Brown will argue that they were acting on the legal advice that they received at the time, from Duxbury and co. The Premier League are accusing Aldridge of lying, by claiming there were no further documents relating to 3rd party ownership and Duxbury of incompetence(sp? :D ) as he claimed to be unaware of Rule U18 which they were "suprised" at, bearing in mind his experience within football transfers.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

one thing that confuses me over this whole can tevez play or not is how the hell mascherano isnt mentioned?
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

AJ wrote:one thing that confuses me over this whole can tevez play or not is how the hell mascherano isnt mentioned?
spose it's because he's no longer here and his contract has been done correctly at the mickies
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

AJ wrote:one thing that confuses me over this whole can tevez play or not is how the hell mascherano isnt mentioned?
Because Mascherano only started 3 games and had hardly any influence on our results. Liverpool co-operated fully with the Premier League to secure his loan move and re-registered him, and they are Liverpool.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Club Statement - 7.53

Following discussions with the FA Premier League, West Ham United can confirm that Carlos Tevez is available for selection for the rest of the season, including tomorrow's game against Wigan Athletic.

The actual registration of Carlos Tevez has not been called into question and he remains a West Ham United player approved by the Premier League.