Alan Curbishley

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Are you happy with the way West Ham play under Alan Curbishley?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:09 am

yes
54%
no
46%

Total votes: 885

Hammer Sandwich

Alan Curbishley

Post by Hammer Sandwich »

I've had enough !!!!!!!! We have turned into Charlton ! Forget injuries , think about tactics , signings, and overall quality of play !! Hopefully Eggy's move sideways is the first step towards getting rid of Curbs ! We don't want mid-table security as an "achievement".................we want more.......................MUCH MORE !!!!!!!!!!!! Get him out and get someone in who can take this club forwards.........................ON and off the pitch !!!!! Headbanger Headbanger Headbanger

Right !.............................I feel better now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU IRONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

So who would you get in his place then
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

This Man, whether we agree with it or not, has a right to this post, so it should stay open...

Aside from that, i say his post is sh*t !! :wink:
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

ffs, we have this after every match we lose :lol:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

I am not going to dignify this thread by posting on it. :wink:
Hammer Sandwich

Hammer Laffers wrote:ffs, we have this after every match we lose :lol:
.......................obviously a recurrent theme !!!!!!!!!!
East london sid
Horses for courses

Post by East london sid »

Give him all this season at least,remember it's very early days still alot can happen when the full team is out we could be a very hard team to beat

I wait for the we will never have a fully fit team
Tommo1979

Post by Tommo1979 »

And so the witch hunt begins. I'm really starting to lose faith with some of our fans. People are gettintg more and more fickle. I wasn't in favour of Curbishley being appointed but he's a due a fair crack of the whip.
fulhamfan

Post by fulhamfan »

Such a knee jerk reaction.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Every time we lose a match. Frankly, i am very bored of this now. Next game we win, Europe will be around the corner then the next defeat its curbs out. No one has taken to him since he started or given him a fair chance. The way i see it, he deserves a chance before he is judged. He kept us up, has made a decent squad for the quality we can currently attract and really deserves the fans backing. We are a weird bunch of fans, for a team that hasnt won a trophy in god knows how long, we expect way too much.
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

I like Curbs and respect him for keeping his bottle last season when most of US lost it.

However the fact remains he talks like a loser AND THAT IS RELECTED IN HIS LACK OF AMBITION.. If we want to go to the next level we will need a new coach IMO.
Hammer Sandwich

Not knee jerk !................................since the day he was appointed ! Sure we stayed up , but I'm sure that we would all agree despite our fantastic end to the season , it was more by luck than judgement !
Curbs is a solid manager , but he will not take this club to the heights that the new owners , or the fans, aspire to !
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

Curbs was never on my list to be manager of the Hammers but he is and I will continue to support him while he is; however, I have my doubts if he will actually last the course if things continue, because I feel pretty sure that Eggy may have a very twitchy trigger finger!
Hammer Sandwich

Hugh Jargon wrote:I like Curbs and respect him for keeping his bottle last season when most of US lost it.

However the fact remains he talks like a loser AND THAT IS RELECTED IN HIS LACK OF AMBITION.. If we want to go to the next level we will need a new coach IMO.
Thank God for that ! For a minute I thought I had wrongly posted on the Alan Curbishley Appreciation Society Forum ! :wink:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

As Eggy said, it will take 3 or 4 years to become an established european team. We need to establish ourselves as a premiership team first and then work our way towards Europe. Its all about patience, these things are not done quickly, we are expecting too much.
fulhamfan

Post by fulhamfan »

Hugh Jargon wrote:I like Curbs and respect him for keeping his bottle last season when most of US lost it.

Of course West Ham will but not now. West Ham need Curbishley for this season and next to consolidate things which West Ham badly need after being up and down from Premiership to Championship and after last seasons farce. Curbishley is a mid table manager, nothing more nothing less but do not get rid of him now as it will totally unsettle West Ham again imo.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

I will admitt I'm no fan of Curbishley's but in hid defence we have not yet once been able to field our strongest side we have been plagued by injuries so you can't blame him for every thing.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

B*LLSHIT !!!

The next level is consolidation & stability in the Premiership, Curbishley will take us there...
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

love it, 4 games ago, after picking up points in matches we expected to pick them up in, and sitting 5th in the league, there was a thread hailing curbs as the new messiah

the appearance of this thread, after losing 3 very tricky games on the spin, was soooooooooooooooo predictable.

Come to think of it, a bit like our attacks...
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: B*LLSHIT !!!

The next level is consolidation & stability in the Premiership, Curbishley will take us there...
if we're left with any body fit enough to kick a ball.