Vote for Bobby Moore

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Southend Hammer

Vote for Bobby Moore

Post by Southend Hammer »

The BBC sports site is running an online Poll for the greatest World Cup legends and Mooro is in 3rd place behind the Great Pele and that cheating sod Maradanna.

This can not happen!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 051768.stm
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

3rd at best for him really.
Myron T Buttram
Probed by aliens

Post by Myron T Buttram »

Well trying to be impartial I'll be gutted if Moore is pipped by the cocaine fueled egomanic cheatting dwarf, but for anybody born before 1980, and think football was invented at the same time as Sky TV; Pele really is The Man kids.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

Myron T Buttram wrote:Well trying to be impartial I'll be gutted if Moore is pipped by the cocaine fueled egomanic cheatting dwarf, but for anybody born before 1980, and think football was invented at the same time as Sky TV; Pele really is The Man kids.
I would agree with you that Pele is the tops, but I voted for Bobby just to do my bit to stop Maradona being second.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

There are plenty who have done more in World Cups than Bobby being totally impartial.
smarks
Location: at a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at anytime'. I ordered French Toast during the Rennaissance

Post by smarks »

carnage wrote:There are plenty who have done more in World Cups than Bobby being totally impartial.
What like lifting the trophy, when only months earlier they could have been dead from cancer, and were still waiting for the all clear?

Like being a fat kid at school, ... slow, sluggish and written off?

It's not the fact that Mooro achieved greatness in 66', and, accepted, others have probably entertained more at world cups, and achieved more recognition at world cups, it is who he was and how he did it that makes Moore the greatest footballing legend.

Coke boy, and that overated Edson Arantes Do Nascimento kid were born with natural talent, Sir Robert worked at his, and whilst having the greatest vision and understaning of the game than any other to play it, he actually achieved that through hard work and a thirst for knowledge.

He is THE greatest footballer, for who he is and how he achieved it, so world cup or just football in general. Bobby is no.1 GET VOTING
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

I just voted 10 times for Bobby and his percentage went down from 16.80 to 16.78 ??

it's a bleedin' fix
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Roger Milla should be in the list..
Myron T Buttram
Probed by aliens

Post by Myron T Buttram »

Arch Dandy wrote:Roger Milla should be in the list..
Apparently he's still only 39
Southend Hammer

It looks like the Cheating midget is going to edge the Legend into third place. Headbanger
Southend Hammer

Southend Hammer wrote:It looks like the Cheating midget is going to edge the Legend into third place. Headbanger
Bump!!
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

Southend Hammer wrote:Bump!!
Where's Lampard after all he is the 3rd Best Player in the World!

:lol: