Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

dorrans

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham step up chase for Graham Dorrans with £5m bid for West Brom midfielder

West Ham are preparing to make an improved bid of £5m for West Brom midfielder Graham Dorrans - despite Albion valuing him at £10m.

West Ham are prepared to hand the 22-year-old a four-year £30,000-a-week deal, which they hope will turn the player's head.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0n0ENsVF9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LongShot
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Re: dorrans

Post by LongShot »

Glad were giving it another shot. I doubt the extra million will help though. Maybe we could chuck one of ours into the equation? Spector or Dyer maybe???? :lol:

Good idea telling him how much he'd be getting, he's probably on a pittance at the moment. Somebody check football manager....
WHamZam

Post by WHamZam »

I hope this means we will have the new manager ready to be unveiled soon.
LongShot

Post by LongShot »

WHamZam wrote:I hope this means we will have the new manager ready to be unveiled soon.
Edit: We'll know on Monday....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/We ... 15159.html

Last edited by LongShot on Tue May 04, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

LONGSHOT wrote: Good idea telling him how much he'd be getting, he's probably on a pittance at the moment. Somebody check football manager....
12k a week, so certainly not a pittance. His stats aren't disimlar to Noble's though.
LongShot

Post by LongShot »

12k a week, so certainly not a pittance. His stats aren't disimlar to Noble's though.
I've always wondered whether those figures are legit, or how even they acquire those numbers. I personally think that we should be told outright how much each of our players is paid. After all it is us paying their wages.
Last edited by LongShot on Wed May 05, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHamZam

Post by WHamZam »

LONGSHOT wrote:
Edit: We'll know on Monday....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/We ... 15159.html

I wish they could save it for Friday so I won`t have to work with a big hangover the next day :oops:
Chelmo Hammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chelmo Hammer »

fjthegrey wrote: 12k a week, so certainly not a pittance. His stats aren't disimlar to Noble's though.
If FM is anything to go by they'll be offering him to us at a princely sum of £13 Million when they get relegated in 2011 :wink:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

LONGSHOT wrote:I've always wondered whether those figures are legit, or how even they acquire those numbers. I personally think that we should be told outright how much each of our players is paid. After all it is us paying their wages.
No it isn't us, it's West Ham United.

Because you spend money at Argos, or wherever, does this mean you have the right to know how much their employees are earning?
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: No it isn't us, it's West Ham United.

Because you spend money at Argos, or wherever, does this mean you have the right to know how much their employees are earning?
RARS

You are not seriously saying that supporting a football team with passion and blind love is the same as shopping are you?
You can take or leave Argos/Tesco/Boots but you have a bond with the team you support.
The comparison is unfair.
This does not mean I agree that fans should know the ins and outs of players contracts, just that your reasons for not knowing them are piss poor.
Spending money at Argos Indeed!
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

RARS is right, it's not different at all.
mushy

Post by mushy »

Croydon wrote:RARS is right, it's not different at all.
Really? You cant see the difference between shopping at Argos and supporting a team?
Oh dear.
One is for buying a commodity and one is the love of your life.
maybe not in your case?

Makes no ends at all, what passion you have for the club.

You loving, having a passion for, or supporting a club makes no ends, regardless of how 'entitled' you feel you are to know information.

You are a paying customer of a business.

If I devoted my love and time to going to away shopping trips at Argos in Harrogate, Blackpool and Cheam, would I then be deemed more passionate, thus earning more right to know what their employees earned?
mushy

Post by mushy »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Makes no ends at all, what passion you have for the club.

You loving, having a passion for, or supporting a club makes no ends, regardless of how 'entitled' you feel you are to know information.

You are a paying customer of a business.

If I devoted my love and time to going to away shopping trips at Argos in Harrogate, Blackpool and Cheam, would I then be deemed more passionate, thus earning more right to know what their employees earned?
No not at all, and not once have I said that i am entitled to anything, read my post.
The old adage that supporting a club is the same as shopping at tescos is nonsense in my opinion.
One most people can live without and the other most people cant.
Its not a business for most fans, clubs are ultimately run a bit like one but you would not get people running around in tesco shirts just because their chickens are nice, or would you?

What the f*** are you going on about? :lol:

Did I say supporting a club was the same as shopping at Tesco/Argos?

All I said, was that we have as much right to know what West Ham are paying their employees, as what we do Argos paying theirs.

LONGSHOT suggested we should 'know what our players are earning, because we pay their wages.'.

I disagreed by citing that it isn't us paying their wages, because it is West Ham United - the business - paying their employees' wages.
And we are paying customers of said business.

Then I drew the parallel of Argos - the business - paying their employees' wages.
And we are the paying customers of said business.

I don't see where the issue is. :?

For someone calling my views piss poor and suggesting I 'read your post', you ain't half missing the point.
mushy

Post by mushy »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:What the f*** are you going on about? :lol:

Did I say supporting a club was the same as shopping at Tesco/Argos?

All I said, was that we have as much right to know what West Ham are paying their employees, as what we do Argos paying theirs.

LONGSHOT suggested we should 'know what our players are earning, because we pay their wages.'.

I disagreed by citing that it isn't us paying their wages, because it is West Ham United - the business - paying their employees' wages.
And we are paying customers of said business.

Then I drew the parallel of Argos - the business - paying their employees' wages.
And we are the paying customers of said business.

I don't see where the issue is. :?

For someone calling my views piss poor and suggesting I 'read your post', you ain't half missing the point.
And there is me thinking it was you missing the point!
Like the point that I never once said that we had a right to know players contracts, anyway the argos parallel is nonsense (my opinion) and I am off to bed. ner ner ner ner ner....

I never said you did. :lol:

I'm going for a ****...
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

Errrr I shop at Argos for 90 mins each week and for the rest of my time I wish I was!
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

This Argos vs West Ham argument is so ****ing gay
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Argos is a very nice historic city in Greece. Visited the place ages ago, with my parents. The Mycenae site is close by, and well worth a trip. Maybe this should be in the road forum?

Back to topic.
cockney hammer wrote:West Ham are prepared to hand the 22-year-old a four-year £30,000-a-week deal, which they hope will turn the player's head.
Guess we will be seeing this more often, now with the Davids in charge. I trust that they will not spend too much on wages though. So far their signings have made financial sense, bar Benni.