Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Kismet

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Post by Kismet »

whuRichforever wrote:Yeah basically if a player is turns 21 before the start of the season, in this case by 01/01/2010 he must be added to the squad so players like Stanislas, Stec, Spence, Sears etc dont have to be added to the squad, but Collison, Tomkins and Hines do.

You say you dont think Collison and Hines will be added. No doubt it would be the favorable option not to include them due to their injury and put in other players who can play, the only problem with that is that we have to include them to make up the 25 man squad, they are not allowed to be omitted purely because they are injured and other then our players who are under 21 we have 26 players.
Tomkins turned 21 in March I think.
whuRichforever

Post by whuRichforever »

Hey SammyLee

Its not that i am an expert on the subject, its just that i am so marvelled by the fact that i actually got my head around the rules, that i just cannot stop going on about them!
hitchinhammer

Post by hitchinhammer »

Quite impressed with the how the transfer window has gone. SuGo have done what they have said. 8 new signings that will hopefully bring depth and some much needed pace to the squad. Although some will be disapointed we didnt make the big name signing, if you think about it logically in our financial situation we were never going to unless cole or parker were sold.
Hopefully with a right back who actually is a right back the defence will be more solid and consistant which will benefit cole beacuse who ever is the 2 wide players are, will be able to form the 3 upfront when attacking that Grant wants instead of being the 5 in midfield trying not to concede.
I reckon now if we can look solid in our next 3 games (can only see us maybe scraping a point against stoke) and work on sticking to a system that we are going to use, then we should steadily move up the table to somewhere abit more comfortable.

COYI
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

beckton wrote:Pretty sure they are out to the end of this, beginning of next year with their respective injuries and so they could be added in the January window if necessary when they might be match fit.
Correct. They could also be added at any time if we do not name a full 25 man squad as well.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

VDV is a great signing for the Spurs, anybody else think its a bit dodgy though, now way was that done before the deadline.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1020 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

westhamerica wrote: Correct. They could also be added at any time if we do not name a full 25 man squad as well.
This isn't technically true (I had a crash course in this earlier lol).

If we have 25 contracted players over 21 they all have to be named regardless of injury status. If you have 25 you can't name a squad of 23 for example. If you don't have 25 you can name a smaller squad and still sign FA after the deadline.

So we couldn't leave Collison out and sign a FA tomorrow, he is contracted and over 21 so he has to be used to fill any spare place.
SammyLeeWasOffside

whuRichforever wrote:Hey SammyLee

Its not that i am an expert on the subject, its just that i am so marvelled by the fact that i actually got my head around the rules, that i just cannot stop going on about them!
:thup: It is a good few hours on and I am still not sure I have it right
BabyClaret
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by BabyClaret »

Yes we can, like Mike Kightly being left out of the Wolves squad.
SammyLeeWasOffside

BabyClaret wrote:Yes we can, like Mike Kightly being left out of the Wolves squad.
He can only be added in January
mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

BabyClaret wrote:Yes we can, like Mike Kightly being left out of the Wolves squad.
Difference being that Wolves named a full 25 without Kightly. If they only had 24, they would have had to name Kightly rather than hope to sign a free agent later on.
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

West Ham sign Boffin?

I will expect Stephen Hawking to be in goal next week then...
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

Meanwhile, Aston Villa have named just 22 players. http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 83,00.html
SammyLeeWasOffside

And liverpool just 21. Do they have much of a youth setup? I know they added a couple this summer like Shelvey.
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

25 man squad named on OS.
We've managed to name 25 but that includes Collison and Hines who are making 'good progress but are still some way off'.
Only absentee is Kurucz who's out for the season.

Also named a large contingent of U-21's which actually includes Tomkins and the likes of Stanislas and Sears. Also Modelski and Wearen whom i didn't know had a pro contract.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

fmgod wrote:VDV is a great signing for the Spuds, anybody else think its a bit dodgy though, now way was that done before the deadline.
:arry:
Montana
aka Claret'n'BlueArmy

Post by Montana »

Been told we tried to get Michael Carrick on loan, and Grant also wanted Begovic
Supersoulfighter
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Supersoulfighter »

whuRichforever wrote:What the ~@??__)*^%^(*^(_(_(&%({:?@~@~@!!!!! Barely an hour ago SSN were reporting that VDV's move to Tittenham was blown out of the water because the paperwork was late. Jesus old twitchy must give some seriously good head to have got that one pushed through. Dont like to be called a 'wealer dealer' dont do stuff like this then!!!!!!!!

Oh we seriously better get Jacobsen and Boffin now, just out of principle. No infact screw it, lets just bid for some more people as apparently the transfer deadline doesnt mean anything anyway.

Sorry rant over
COYI
My thoughts exactly. I find it disgusting that that FA allowed this, no way could it all have been done with under 2 hours to spare. Harry gets uppity about being called a wheeler dealer, bet he'll be revelling in that name again now he's pulled this off. Van der Vaart was one of my favourite players, gutted he's gone to play for them slags.
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Begovic would have been don - better keeper than Green imo... :thdn:
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

So we announce two deals late the next day...and Spurs announce one earlier...and the Spurs is the one that in no one way shape or form made it on time?!?!?!

:|
osborner69

Post by osborner69 »

Can we lock this thread now? I for one am so happy that this poxy window has now closed and there is no chance of certain players leaving, even though strangely most people on here appear to have been happy to see the likes of Parker & Cole leaving towards the end of the window for certain swap deals - seemed very strange to me.

Anyway, hopefully now the players who were subject to potential transfer will now concentrate on West Ham, rather than their potential suitors, and the likes of Behrami will stop throwing their toys out hoping for a move away.

----------------------------------Green--------------------------------

Jacobsen-------Da Costa-----------Upson------------Illunga

---------------------Parker--------Hitzlsberger------------

-----------Obinna -------------Dyer----------------Berrera

-------------------------------Cole-------------------------------

Backup:
-------------------------------Boffin---------------------------------

Ben Haim--------Gabbidon--------Reid/Tomkins-----------Spector

Faubert-------------Noble---------Behrami------------Boa Morte

-------------------Piquionne-----------McCarthy

Stech, Stanislas, Nouble, Sears too. PLUS Collison & Hines when they return from injuries.

Obviously in my opinion, but this is not a squad that should be battling relegation.