West Ham sold

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 610 likes

Re: West Ham (half) sold

Post by bristolhammerfc »

:thup:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Post by -DL- »

Hello old bean. you still near the top of the board? How about another scone?
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

seeing this thread makes me feel all warm inside.

Good Times!

Suddenly being bottom of the league, 3 matches played 9 goals conceeded and only 1 scored, isn't so bad.

At least I still have you "For Sale" thread

:raver:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Re: West Ham (a nidges nadge over half) sold

Post by sicknote »

been a few references to the buy out on the stratford thread, so bringing this back up , as it was getting lost down the forum and didn't want it dissapearing, once we are all sold i guess it will go into the H of F

only reason for this is because some are saying we will see gold and sullivan spend big in january,iirc this they can only do by buying equivalent amounts of shares of the icelandics as they want to pump cash into the club, for some reason they cannot just lump money in as it breaches the conditions they bought the club under
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

sicknote wrote:been a few references to the buy out on the stratford thread, so bringing this back up , as it was getting lost down the forum and didn't want it dissapearing, once we are all sold i guess it will go into the H of F

only reason for this is because some are saying we will see gold and sullivan spend big in january,iirc this they can only do by buying equivalent amounts of shares of the icelandics as they want to pump cash into the club, for some reason they cannot just lump money in as it breaches the conditions they bought the club under
I didn't think there was any restriction imposed on the owners. At present it doesn't make any sense for them to plough cash into the club other than the working capital that was originally injected in.

Whether we spend big or not depends on the same circumstances that were around in the summer. We ideally want to free up monies to fund two big signings - a striker and creative midfielder. These were what we wanted back a few months ago (of course may change).

Our stance on Parker meant that Cole and Behrami were the two most likely. Unfortunately for me neither happened!!!

i believe the end result will be next summer and a new foreign investor alongside the Dave's.
BeastieBoy

Post by BeastieBoy »

Since buying Man City those geezers have apparently spent £573m. Oh to be born in a privileged position in an oil-rich country. If you added up every transfer fee we have ever paid in our history it probably wouldn't come to that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Trap1 wrote:
i believe the end result will be next summer and a new foreign investor alongside the Dave's.
Should help fund our promotion charge.
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

What I don't understand is to why the 2 Dave's don't just buy the rest of the club from Straumur ?
BeastieBoy

Post by BeastieBoy »

mickfbrown wrote:What I don't understand is to why the 2 Dave's don't just buy the rest of the club from Straumur ?
Because bank-to-bank the percentage which Straumur own has a preferential rate of interest on their share of the loans which we owe. If the Daves bought 100% then we would have to pay more in interest and we might find ourselves swamped. The Daves only bought enough so they could have a controlling interest. That's business.
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

BeastieBoy wrote: Because bank-to-bank the percentage which Straumur own has a preferential rate of interest on their share of the loans which we owe. If the Daves bought 100% then we would have to pay more in interest and we might find ourselves swamped. The Daves only bought enough so they could have a controlling interest. That's business.
That makes no sense, so why are they looking for investors to buy out stranmur ?

As as you say they would have to pay more interest ?