Breaking news: Spuds granted judicial review

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Breaking news: Spuds granted judicial review

Post by Claretdave »

BBC1 now
Claretdave
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Re: Breaking news - Spuds to abandon judicial review

Post by Claretdave »

Apparently, they want to remain in Tottenham as a result of the riots. Oh, and they might get some funding......

The most brazen hypocrisy. :thdn:
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Hopefully this does not mean we will not be pursuing them regarding their shocking behaviour. Unfortunately I suspect it will. I also now expect Parker to join them in the next week for an "undisclosed fee" in return for us dropping our complaints.

They have basically got what they wanted all along. To be honest - so have G&S cos us beating spuds to the OS got a bigger fan response than an unchallenged move. They never asked us if we wanted to move and just ploughed on with it regardless. Don't get me wrong, I am in favour of the move as it should give us a chance to build if it is planned right but the cynic in me sees the whole thing as a perfect fix for all parties....

Be interesting to see what Hearn has to say about a team getting public funding ? I'm sure he will take it to every court in Europe !!
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Believer,

You forget as far as Hearn is concerned it would be ok for Spurs to go to the OS. The good thing about this if it comes to pass is that Hearn will have been stitched up by his mates at White Hart Lane!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fireman

Post by fireman »

Want to stay in Tottenham because of the riots my arse!!

Nothing to do with the High Court almost certainly throwing their appeal out again ?

Would love Boris to call their bluff and refuse funding allowing them go to Court and lose. :crest:
Claretdave

Post by Claretdave »

Up the Junction wrote:http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great report :thup:

I think I will miss seeing the dead horse every so often......
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

The Olympic Stadium being built with public money at a time of cuts and austerity to be then sold off on the cheap so as to avoid it becoming a white elephant after the games is one thing, there may be benefits to the public purse of holding the Olympics that offset write downs once they're over.....

But to pump public money into the building of a stadium for a private football club that makes huge profits and already has a stadium is a total disgrace, why should public money be spent on that even in times of boom ? Much less so in times of cut backs and austerity, there must be literally a million and one more deserving things to spend public money on ....

As for the argument of it benefits the local area they're not moving into the area from elsewhere, they'd be moving a few hundred yards along the road....

What's going on ? We're told that we're broke, on our uppers, haven't got two pennies to rub together - We can't afford libraries, aircraft carriers, pensions, harriers, OAPs cold weather bonuses, you name it we're told that we can't afford it so it has to be cut.....

Except for foreign aid to countries with nuclear and space programs, millions a week for the last six months and for as long as it takes we don't care how long on Libya, and now on building a new ground for those despicable scum.....

We're told whatever it is you would like forget it because we can't afford it, you aint gonna get it and you're not going to have a pension either, yet there's seemingly fortunes to spend on dubious things like this - It's like living in a bleeding mad house :evil:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Will the hearing still go ahead with Orients challenge today or was it a challenge made specifically as a pair before the court today.

Anybody know...
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

I would think that a public petition to stop Government funding for a private football club owned by sinister billionaire owners based offshore, and managed by a board that have allegedly instructed criminal activities to try and secure a delay to the rightful awarding of the Olympic stadium to Newham Council and WHUFC as principal tenants....might just get some support....

Especially as the country is completely skint, and we're on the verge of a double dip recession.
southbank

Post by southbank »

spurs bullying the govt both locally and nationally to get tax payers money to fund their redevelopment is a disgrace when public sectors budgets are being slashed .............. Joe lewis is multi billionaire , doesnt pay taxes to this country ......disgusting
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

AMC1964 wrote:I would think that a public petition to stop Government funding for a private football club owned by sinister billionaire owners based offshore, and managed by a board that have allegedly instructed criminal activities to try and secure a delay to the rightful awarding of the Olympic stadium to Newham Council and WHUFC as principal tenants....might just get some support....

Especially as the country is completely skint, and we're on the verge of a double dip recession.
I'd sign it fella....

I think people can accept that we're skint if we genuinely are skint and cutbacks affect everything, but when there's seemingly loads of money to spend on Libya, aid to countries that have space programs we don't have ourself, and on building a ground for a private football club that makes millions, while everything else is cut back on regardless of what hardship it causes - Somethings seriously wrong.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

You can't rant and rave about the country being on it's uppers with cuts left right and centre and money then being given to help totts bid to build a new stadium in their manor when our bid is over 75% government money.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2938 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Good luck to Tottenham - they've clearly got what they wanted - a massive Government hand out for a football stadium to be built , and to be fair we have been given an Athletics stadium built with public money .........

I wonder which clubs fans are happier this morning ?
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

This stinks and people wonder why so many supporters hate the filth. There is a big differance being given a stadium that was built for the Olympics after they have finished and paying towards a new stadium for a multi millionaire who don't pay british taxes. :evil:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I would like to see West Ham strongly oppose any plans Spurs come up with until West Ham are awarded extra funding to transform the OS to a stadium fit to watch football...ie Proper retractable seating / corporate hospitality and a roof...
Persil Tickets
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Persil Tickets »

BBC's Dan Roan reporting that Spurs are still going ahead with their request for a judicial review.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

The whole thing is breathtaking in its shamelessness.

Outrage at public financing of OS, but then take a hostage until public financing is given for own stadium
Desire so strong to move out of Tottenham that resort to legal actions and illegal investigations to make it happen, lose, lose subsequent appeal, then disgustingly use recent riots as a reason to stay in the area rather than almost certain defeat in 2nd appeal

Funnily enough, I never really gave much of a toss about Spurs until this whole episode - hating on other football clubs takes too much effort - but the kind of organisation they proved themselves to be sickens me somewhat
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

mywhufc wrote:You can't rant and rave about the country being on it's uppers with cuts left right and centre and money then being given to help totts bid to build a new stadium in their manor when our bid is over 75% government money.

But we ain't owning the stadium are we...as you yourself are very aware, we're keeping the olympic legacy by keeping the track and allowing a bid for the athletics world champs. It's a multi use venue.

any stadium to be built in the N17 area would be solely for the use of the filth. Owned by the filth and it's billionaire offshore backers....

not like ours at all mate. Poor argument. are you a spud?
Persil Tickets
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Persil Tickets »

Kind of glad they are continuing with their request for a judicial review if it means that they were not offered any serious cash from the government for their plans to build a new stadium in N17.
Confident they will lose this appeal just like they did the first.