sunday's news 29th jan includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Re: sunday's news 29th jan includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

SUNDAY MIRROR: Manchester City have rejected an offer from Liverpool to swap Carlos Tevez for £35million misfit Andy Carroll. ALSO: Kenny Dalglish demanded a dramatic response from his Liverpool players seven days ago after a defeat at Bolton... QPR manager Mark Hughes has called for the football authorities to ditch the pre-match handshake ritual.

SUNDAY PEOPLE: John Terry was snubbed by QPR players yesterday - forcing the FA to take the unprecedented step of cancelling the pre-match handshakes. ALSO: Patrice Evra was subjected to sustained barrages of booing as he returned to Anfield - and ended up as Manchester United's fall guy... Carlos Tevez has vowed not to quit football and will tough out his enforced return to Manchester City.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY: Harry Redknapp aims to turn White Hart Lane into Depart Lane this week with the sales of Spurs stars Steven Pienaar, Sebastien Bassong, Giovani dos Santos, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Vedran Corluka. ALSO: Sir Alex Ferguson last night revealed his Anfield agony after Man United crashed out of the FA Cup to bitter rivals Liverpool...

SUNDAY EXPRESS: Mark Hughes last night called for an end to the pre-match ritual of teams lining up to shake hands. ALSO: Sir Alex Ferguson confessed he was "sick" at being knocked out of the FA Cup after claiming Manchester United had been in control of their tie at Liverpool...

MAIL ON SUNDAY: John Terry was saved from public humiliation yesterday when the Football Association agreed to Chelsea and QPR scrapping the mass handshake that is meant to precede every match as a gesture of mutual respect. ALSO: Liverpool have launched an investigation in a bid to identify a fan accused of making racist gestures during the FA Cup fourth round victory over Manchester United... The toxic tie between Queens Park Rangers and Chelsea was settled by a controversial second-half penalty that Daniel Sturridge won with a dramatic fall in the box.

SUNDAY TELEGRAPH: Liverpool are "working closely" with Merseyside Police to try to identify a man who appeared to make racist gestures during their 2-1 win over Manchester United. ALSO: The Queens Park Rangers team decided not to shake John Terry's hand ahead of yesterday's FA Cup tie with Chelsea, leading to the now traditional ritual being cancelled...

SUNDAY TIMES: Jose Mourinho has decided to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season to take up a job in the Premier League. ALSO: Andy Carroll, whose outstanding performance helped Liverpool beat Manchester United in yesterday's fractious FA Cup derby, was offered to Manchester City last week in a straight exchange for Carlos Tevez... The grudge match that never was was settled by a penalty that never was.

THE OBSERVER: Liverpool have made a remarkable bid to swap Andy Carroll with Carlos Tevez and move on their club-record £35m signing not even a year after signing him from Newcastle. ALSO: Liverpool knocked Manchester United out of the FA Cup but were put on the defensive when the question of racism again raised its head at Anfield..

INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY: The entire Queens Park Rangers team were prepared to publicly snub John Terry, had the Football association not stepped in to prevent pre-match handshakes at Loftus Road yesterday. ALSO: Newcastle's 43-year wait for a major trophy will continue for at least one more season thanks to one of their own supporters..
. Carlos Tevez is unlikely to return to West Ham United on loan, his representative Kia Joorabchian said yesterday.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Houston Dynamo are chasing West Ham winger Pablo Barrera, currently out on loan at Real Zaragoza.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Onde Pára Éder?
A notícia está a espalhar-se por tudo quanto é território naional português na procura do jovem guineense, Éderzito António Macedo Lopes, conhecido por Éder, futebolista, ainda, pertencente aos quadros da Associação Académica de Coimbra.

Após o encontro entre o Rio Ave e a Académica, Éder terá feito mistério quanto ao seu futuro mas, por parte da Académica alguém disse o seguinte: " A Académica tinha acertado a transferência do avançado para o West Ham e, após o jogo da 17.ª jornada da Liga com o Rio Ave, em Vila do Conde, Éder foi conduzido a um hotel no Porto para acertar o acordo com representantes do clube inglês.

No entanto, o avançado desapareceu e os emissários do West Ham também desconhecem o seu paradeiro, pelo que o presidente da Académica, José Eduardo Simões, acompanhado pelo vice-presidente Luís Godinho, decidiu participar o sucedido à Polícia Judiciária do Porto."

Cá volto eu com a cidade do Porto como assunto. Não que eu queira, mas porque o assunto é sério e só espero que nada de grave tenha acontecido ao jovem de 24 anos, Éder que, como a imprensa falou, estava a ser seguido desportivamente para vir a representar a equipa do Futebol Corrupto do Porto num futuro próximo. Convém relembrar os mais distraídos que quem treina a Académica é um ex-jogador do grupo liderado por p.d.c. por isso, nada de espantos se...

http://amantedobomfutebol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where the Eder

The news is spreading to all that is naional Portuguese territory in search of the young Guinean Éderzito Antonio Macedo Lopes, known as Eder, footballer, also belonging to other staff of the Academic Association of Coimbra.

After the meeting between Rio Ave and Academic Eder has done mystery about his future but by the Academic someone said: "The Academy had agreed the transfer of striker for West Ham after the game of 17. League Matchday with Rio Ave in Vila do Conde, Eder was taken to a hotel in Porto to settle the agreement with representatives of the English club.

However, the advanced disappeared and the envoys of the West Ham also unaware of his whereabouts at the Academy President Jose Eduardo Simoes, accompanied by Vice President Luis Godinho, decided to attend the incident to the Judicial Police of the Port. "

Here I go back to the city of Porto in the subject. Not that I want, but because the matter is serious and just hope nothing serious has happened to the youth of 24 years, Eder, as the press said, was to be followed sportingly to come to represent the team at the Port Football Corrupt in the near future.
Hammerted
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by Hammerted »

Cheers Cockers :thup:

Agree with all the positive comments re Tomkins. Seems a good lad with a sensible head on young shoulders. Clearly loves the club and has consistently been one of our best players this season. I too get the feeling that Big Sam has helped greatly in his development (he looks so much more confident in his own ability) and that Tomkins is happy to work with BS. Definitely future Captain.

Developing the East Stand would be brilliant.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

goal.com

Academica de Coimbra's Eder turns down West Ham offer: I did not like how things were handled
The African striker has failed to agree personal terms with the Championship club but has refused to rule out a transfer in the

The 24-year-old was taken to a hotel in Oporto after Academica's goalless draw at Rio Ave on Saturday to discuss his transfer to Upton Park.

After the meeting, however, Eder disappeared with no explanation, which made the Portuguese club report the case to the police.

The Bissau-Guinean player has now explained the situation, telling Radio Renascenca: "I did not flee or disappear. I am in Lisbon with my family.

"We had a meeting at the hotel, but I did not like the way things were handled and I thought it was not the best for my career. I decided to leave."

Meanwhile, Goal.com Germany has learned that Koln are also in the race for the striker, who has been at Academica since 2008.

Questioned about his future on Saturday, Eder admitted that a move away from the Portuguese club is possible.

"I do not know if this was my last game, there are some days left [in the January transfer window], we will see what happens.

"I will decide what to do these days. I am not sure yet."
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

vital west ham

One Smart Cookie!

Whoever is pulling the strings behind Demba Ba`s career is one smart cookie.

Having had a clause inserted in his contract at West Ham that he could leave for free if West Ham were relegated, the same agent has stuck a very interesting clause in Demba`s Newcastle contract.

Obviously a little wary of what lie ahead for him up in the north-east, the clause inserted, reportedly, allows Demba to leave St James Park for the sum of £10 million, furthermore it also goes on to state that £3 million of that fee will be payable to the player.

Some smart cookie!

Read more: http://www.westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z1krE1PITg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

vital west ham

Trying to Get Rid

If one Sunday newspaper is correct, then West Ham are doing their utmost to shed one player from their books in order to bring in another.

Seemingly, Frederic Piquionne is the one they`re looking to get rid of with the striker`s salary being a colossal £2 million a year.

Attempts to move him on to Wolves have failed as has a bid to include him as part-exchange in any deal involving the Glasgow Rangers striker, Nikica Jelovic.

If he can be moved on, it`s thought the additional money saved ca be dumped into the transfer kitty to bring another striker to Upton Park but, as we all realise, time is fast running out!

Read more: http://www.westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z1krEfoG3d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers CH
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Silly me i thought Stratford was in the east end.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.

Read the Tomkins piece in Mirror this morning and as plenty have already stated, he comes across very well and well done to G&S for sorting contract out.

If they really want to win over the naysayers, sort out the Boleyn Ground - 40,000 is plenty good enough capacity for us - and let's stay where we are, where we belong. Do this and you will have the vast majority of us on your side.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Read the Tomkins piece in Mirror this morning and as plenty have already stated, he comes across very well and well done to G&S for sorting contract out.
And that nice Mark Curtis...

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=2991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Good news about Jelavic. :thup:
Greedy so and so !!

Thanks CH.