West Ham Utd 2 Hull City 1 (28/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

West Ham Utd 2 Hull City 1 (28/04/12)

Post by Up the Junction »

Here it is... the grand finale. .

KUMB.com Match Preview (by Preview Percy): http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=3034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doyley

Re: West Ham Utd v Hull City: match thread

Post by Doyley »

I'm dreaming of a Ste-vie Potts!!!

Who remembers 1990, when we beat Hull 7v1 and Steve Potts scored a cracker and first ever goal....?

I was on the South Bank for that game and i remember him running with the ball and everyone wondering what he was doing as he never passed the half way line....was he gonna get a nose bleed, was we all going to enter some new dimension world?....no, he kept running, avoiding tackles, then bobbled a shot, with no power at all, into the net...he looked surprised, 20k fans were bewildered and no one knew what to do.....

We need a Steve Potts to start a goal feast on Saturday....maybe it will be Demal...or even a Greeno long punt, but because of Nolan's "one on one" miss last night and Collinson/Vaz Ta getting in each others way, we need GOALS GOALS GOALS.......

There is no way Saints are going to lose, but a draw could happen (although i reckon they will win comfortably by 3 goals) and a win will keep up the momentum if play-off's are too be.

Saying all that, the Saints deserve to go up and if they don't i will be cheering/hoping they go up if they are to do it via play-off's..

Be good if the club could give out free flags or something, to generate a party atmosphere???
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Doyley wrote:Who remembers 1990, when we beat Hull 7v1 and Steve Potts scored a cracker and first ever goal....?
#91 in the KUMB.com 100 Greatest Moments (video included):

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=2883" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jon253

Post by jon253 »

We need to do same as we did to Brighton, score 3 in first 10 mins, this might, but only might make Southampton wobble. Personally believe it is the play offs for us but it is still important to beat Hull and do it in style and convincingly.

COYI
SoulCircus
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by SoulCircus »

Has anyone bought tickets online recently? When I click to go to the box office it takes me to a random screen that bears no resemblance to what it should do? Desperate to get a ticket for this one!
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1294 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

I remember that Pottsy goal. Stupidly and unforgiveably, for the only time ever I bet against West Ham that day. There were good odds on a nil nil so I took it. :oops: Great goal from Dicksy that day- from a acute angle which I had the perfect view of from the Chicken Run.

It's great that we are still in it although the odds don't favour us. Of course Saints should win and I expect that they will. But if we start high tempo and grab an early goal (or even two) that news will filter back to Southampton's ground, they'll hear a few groans and then who knows. Allow me my dream.
Aceface
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 1445 likes

Post by Aceface »

I think we'll win, but probably only by a goal or two. I'd be happy with that, even if we fall just short of the automatic spots.

I think Saints will probably sneak a win, but the key stat here is Saints last 6 games - L3, D1, W2. Hardly a team that's an absolute banker to win on the weekend I'd have thought. The closest equivalent to this game would be the home match against a stripped to the bones Pompey, which many were predicting a 6-0 score - and ended up being a hard fought draw.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1144 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Doyley wrote:Be good if the club could give out free flags or something, to generate a party atmosphere???
Send a PM to Major as I'm sure he will be happy to oblige.
shammy

Post by shammy »

Send a PM to Major as I'm sure he will be happy to oblige.

:lol:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 505 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

OK own up, who isnt secretly thinking (albeit the most most tiniest of hopes) of the right results on Saturday!

It's so feckin hard not to. I have to keep hammering the hope down as it subconciously bubbles out of it's locked lead casket in the darkest recesses of me heart!

It'll be the vehicular wireless for me on Saturday as I travel between gigs. With sneaking a look on the iPhone when possible.

Damn you West Ham, damn you I say :crest:

Do we really want mid table obscurity in the Premier?
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Doyley wrote:I'm dreaming of a Ste-vie Potts!!!

Be good if the club could give out free flags or something, to generate a party atmosphere???

NO TY, We aint Chelsea
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

It's not very likely is it ? Southampton slipping up against Covenry in the right kind of way and us taking advantage, but stranger things have happened. And we all know what's gonna happen if we win 4:0 against Hull and Southampton draws with Coventry 0:0.

Southampton will sue Coventry for obscene effort despite being already relegated and they will also sue Hull for throwing away the game and gifting promotion to West Ham. This will result in us being promoted, but dragged through the courts again by Coventry and Hull who will be looking to get back the 30 million pounds compensation they have to pay Southampton.

Some senile Lord Judge in a wheelchair will then decide we have to pay in fact 40 million pounds to Hull and Coventry and have to play all our home games in the Premier League at Leyton Orient's Matchroom Stadium who will subsequently be awarded the Olympic Stadium which will result in a sudden rush to their ticket office for season tickets, so that Orient will sell 300 season tickets for the Olympic Stadium... :lol:
Last edited by HamburgHammer on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

Last minute(95+ mins) Southampton equaliser after we have beaten Hull seems the most likely scenario for me.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 724 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

All we have to do is win the game by a large margin and hope the other result goes our way. Fat Sam shouldn't need to gee the players up too much.

I'm rehearsing with the band that day and our drummer is a Coventry City fan - they'd better beat 'em or else ... oh hang on, he's a black belt karate instructor. I'll give that one a swerve.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Whatever we think will happen, having looked at the Southampton boards on the way home from Leicester last night I can tell you their arseholes have completely gone.

What will be will be, but the longer they go without scoring on Saturday the worse it'll get.
Hoggy31

Post by Hoggy31 »

Personally reckon we'll stuff Hull, and Barmby will play a heap of youngsters.

Hopefully our result actually matters.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 724 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Up the Junction wrote:Whatever we think will happen, having looked at the Southampton boards on the way home from Leicester last night I can tell you their arseholes have completely gone.

What will be will be, but the longer they go without scoring on Saturday the worse it'll get.
I think the pressure will be more on them rather than us. However, after following West Ham for more years than I care to remember, NOTHING would surprise me with our lot.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

As Anton Ferdinand once told me:

"believe to achieve"

ageing hammer
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1470 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Not trying to put a negative view on this but I can't help thinking that Nolan's 2 bad misses last night could prove costly and if he had scored it would have really put the shits up the saints. :think:
Aceface
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 1445 likes

Post by Aceface »

Up the Junction wrote:Whatever we think will happen, having looked at the Southampton boards on the way home from Leicester last night I can tell you their arseholes have completely gone.

That's why basically this weekend I will be sitting back in my seat enjoying our game, and hoping for only two things - a nice win to finish of the regular season, and - checking my phone every few minutes - at least one half of 0-0 at St Mary's to ensure the laundromats of Southampton are going to have a busy day on Sunday.