The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

beckton

Re: The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

Post by beckton »

Whitters wrote:Does anyone have a local number alternative to the '08' number for the ticket office? By the time I've sat in the queue to renew I might be better off just getting the 5% online than calling from Switzerland to claim my 20% :D

I've got this one 0208 548 2767 but I don't know how up to date it is.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

beckton wrote: I've got this one 0208 548 2767 but I don't know how up to date it is.

Worked a treat, thanks :thup:

Interestingly they didn't even offer the 5%, went straight to the 20%. Maybe they've given up asking phone callers.
Alan Taylors whispy tache

Post by Alan Taylors whispy tache »

Ummmed and ahhed for ages about 5% over 4 or 20% now.
Then decided as my son is going to uni for 2013 and may not renew for a few years, to take the 20%.. was on hold for ages at lunch time.. (Infact gave up).. then rang at 4:58 this afternoon.. got straight though and was all sorted by 4:59.. amazing what ringing up close to knocking off time can do to their Queue management efficiancy! :lol:

Cant believe that basically my season ticket for the Prem has cost the same as a season ticket to Exeter City next season!
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 108 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Just taken the 20% on both ST's ..... was thinking of doing the 5% but was told this could only be done online, general laziness took over. I'd been holding for 10minutes and couldnt be arsed to log onto my account so took the easy option.

The footbal wont be pretty this season so I'd rather get it for a knock down price.

Always leave it to the last minute as I'm fed up with the club linking itself to unrealistic transfer targets priori to the renewal date. Am expecting the transfer budget to be minimal and with all respect probably needs to be make a real dent in the clubs debt.

At the very least I'm hoping for new cards as you can hardly see the details on mine these days.
bracknellhammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by bracknellhammer »

Did mine yesterday and was asked if I wanted to take up the 20% Offer.

I'm thinking that we'll be in a very large ground soon so they'll be plenty of seats going, After all of the 'deals' over the past couple of years, I'm taking this as a reward for my (and my son's) loyalty over the past 7 years or so.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Went to the TO to do mine yesterday .The nice chap behind the counter proudly informed me I was eligible for a 5% discount .

He was gracious enough to accept my counter proposal of 20% being my preference without any quibble , although I acknowledged it was entirely my fault if Messi wasn't affordable now .

The chap was really good on the away ST application bit though and made sure Jason his supervisor came across to double check I wanted to stand with the usual chaps.

The TO staff really are helpful people - they don't make the rules or detemine the policies , but they process applications with the minimum of fuss . :thup:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I had an interesting conversation in the public house last night .

A friend had received a call from the club last week enquring as to why he had not renewed his season ticket to which he replied times are hard and I can't really afford it this year having just moved into my new home etc

The nice lady then suggested that to help him out , despite him not being eligiable for the 5 year 20% discount he could take advantage of it if he was willing to renew .

Anyone else hear of this happening ?

After all the grief, the umming and ahhing at the start of the renewal season the club are now effectively doing special offers .........
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

the pink palermo wrote:I had an interesting conversation in the public house last night .

A friend had received a call from the club last week enquring as to why he had not renewed his season ticket to which he replied times are hard and I can't really afford it this year having just moved into my new home etc

The nice lady then suggested that to help him out , despite him not being eligiable for the 5 year 20% discount he could take advantage of it if he was willing to renew .

Anyone else hear of this happening ?

After all the grief, the umming and ahhing at the start of the renewal season the club are now effectively doing special offers .........
Can't say I'm surprised on the fact they'll be offers again this season, but this one is a stunner.

I wonder if they'll use viagogo this season to give loyal STH's a chance to sell on for games they can't make.