World Cup '14 stadia completion

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

World Cup '14 stadia completion

Post by WCpete »

They've got some work to do.

http://imgur.com/a/IL005
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Re: World Cup '14 stadia completion

Post by sicknote »

Biera Rio looks a worry,

and on the Arena da Amazonia actual photo, to the right there seems to be a load of pre formed ikea flat pack stands, not sure if they are for that ground or for some other sport odd looking set up
Iron Alex
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron Alex »

Seems like we have this every single tournament.

I know FIFA like to branch out & give countries a chance to develop economically, but quite frankly why bother when there are so many nations out there who could host a world cup tomorrow?

When did Brazil get given the 2014 world cup?
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Lots of work to do, with most of them set to be used in 2013 apparently :shock: . But if completed, some of them look pretty impressive, especially the 3rd one down. The stands look so close to the pitch, I definitely would not fancy facing Brazil in that stadium during the WC.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

they won the bid in october 2007

and two years after that won the olympic games bid as well, they are i think one place above the UK now in terms of GDP, but the costings of the stadia for the world cup are about 3 .4 billion US dollars, going on those figures

the estimated olympic games costs are 14.4 billion US dollars
ParisTheHammer

Post by ParisTheHammer »

I must say, the design of the Arena De Sao Paulo stadium....
is absolutely gorgeous, would love to see West Ham play in something like that in comparison to the Olympic Stadium.

Looks like a much better version of the new Amex stadium that Brighton have got.
Pride Of Birmingham

Post by Pride Of Birmingham »

Brazil have had 10 years to get ready.

FIFA announced that South America was to host the 2014 World Cup and by 17 March 2004, the CONMEBOL associations had voted unanimously to adopt Brazil as their sole candidate.
WHID to deserve this?

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

Its OK - all of the hard work (making sure the the prostitutes and coke were delivered to the right hotel rooms during the FIFA tours) has been done. Using the sweated labour from the slums to get the stadia built is the easy bit.

I am sure they have a fall back plan for the CC and WC - hey why not play them in the Winter of 2014 so people get used to the idea of it when the the Qatar one comes around? Better get used to poorly organised events as you have Brazil coming up for the Games/Olympics and Sochi for the Winter Games followed by Russia hosting the WC in '18.

I am supposed to be working in Sochi. I have been told by the guy I am working for its going to be a grade A ClusterF. He is a Candian of German descent - I only mention this because everytime he travels back from Sochi it takes hime 12 hours longer than planned, he gets robbed, looses luggage etc. The joke is obviously that the Germans have never been good at leaving the Soviet Union...