Manchester Utd 1-0 West Ham Utd (28/11/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

De Niro
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Manchester United v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by De Niro »

Have just got back from Manchester.

1) I didnt hear the reported chant at all from my seat at the very back.

2) As others have probably concluded, Jarvis had a very poor game. Made some decent runs but his delivery was just appalling.

3) I thought we missed Noble massively. During the first half we just didnt have a clue how to build an attack and needed Noble's ability to get hold of the ball, look up and pick a pass.

4) Tomkins grew into the game and had a good second half. Collins good in the air as usual but seemed to dive in too often. Reid solid as ever.

5) Did Rooney dive in the first half just outside our penalty area? It looked a ridiculous dive on first viewing but havent seen any replays.

6) Their support was truly awful. I recall hearing one song from the Stretford end.

All in all it was a pretty poor game and one to forget.
Goldsmith

Post by Goldsmith »

Galwayman wrote:Thought our fans were fantastic, and at times out-sang the home support.:
What do you mean "at times"? We outsung the home support for the entire game!

Thought it was a really good effort from the players last night. Our support was pretty incredible :crest:
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

I was sitting behind the directors box near the halfway line. WHU fans off to my right put on a great show. A couple of areas of the home fans did have the odd short burst of chanting. But the area I was sitting in was like a morgue, a lot of people took ages to leave their restaurant tables. The only noise was groaning when Rooney kept messing things up. They might as well watch it on TV.
hammerofthedogs
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by hammerofthedogs »

I'm taking my 8 year old lad to this one although he doesn't know yet. Got permission to take him out of school Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. I wonder how far up the A14/M6 I can get before he realises he is not going to the dentist....
Not expecting anything but at least historically we have won games there (unlike Anfield) so you never know.

Hurst, Jennings, McAvennie, Di Canio, Defoe, Tevez... Carroll?

You are a proper dad. I wasn't expecting anything from this but now I hope we have a legendary night to remember. I hope your lad hasn't bought your Christmas present yet. You'll be due for an upgrade come Thursday. Have a good one.

Thanks for that. I left the tickets in the centre console of the car so when I picked him up from school he immediately looked in there for his usual bar of choco - and found the tickets. I was at least 10 minutes late leaving the school because he had to run off and tell all his classmates... He didn't stop rabbiting all the way up and as we decided that we would lose either 2 or 3 nil, it was considered a good result so a great day all round. Coincidentally, I showed him some old footage of Manure games inc PDC v Barthez recently so he got the 'Lets All Do The Barthez' song... All in all a good night and with the rub of the green we could have got something...
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

hammerofthedogs wrote:Coincidentally, I showed him some old footage of Manure games inc PDC v Barthez recently so he got the 'Lets All Do The Barthez' song... All in all a good night and with the rub of the green we could have got something...
Must say it was a decent touch from the hosts showing some West Ham DVD's in the Bar downstairs before the game, thoroughly enjoyed them to be honest.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Our support was coming through pretty loud on Albanian TV.

I heard nothing of Man U's except "United, United" :asleep:
markmc

Post by markmc »

proud of our fans...who are the business, vocally...I'm in Doha and watched live, well done, and we deserved a draw but ref was dodge..enuff
saltney hammers

Post by saltney hammers »

Never thought I would leave OT disapointed to have lost 1 nil, thought we did more than enough to get a point but the ball never really fell for us.

Typical them that there deflected shot goes in and ours goes over.

Reid and Tomkins superb for me and some of the big guns will surely be sniffing about come the new year.

As for the fans stuff on here I was in the SAF middle row near corner flag opposite us, thought u were all brilliant all night, only ever heard claret and blue army so someone clearly has an agenda to stir up more bother.

As for there fans they were awful no passion no songs no local accents were I was but it was great listening to them moan and moan from about the 10 th minute onwards including one drunken idiot who kept shouting "earn your money" for 70 minutes until he got thrown out.

Cant wait for sat d and us beating the rent boys.

FAH

:crest:
DickyBoy!

Post by DickyBoy! »

I was at the game, block 231 Row 15 with my Daughter, Son and their Grandad!.... We All sung loud and proud and at NO time did I hear the alleged 'racist c&b army' song. West Ham's c&b army, oh yes!! The away support was fantastic and I honestly thought they drove on the teams 2nd half performance which was much better after the re-start, unlucky not to scramble an equaliser, which would've been deserved.

As has been said, thought we missed Noble, Jarvis needs to show what his price tag reflects and Jussi made a few great saves, especially in the 2nd half. Ref should've booked Carrick and was pretty poor overall.

I know OT's generally a library unless their playing Liverppol or City, but their fans were absolutely invisible... Especially with 10mins to go.... The ground had gaping holes in it. So proud of our support sat night. Voice coming back, ands stopped stinging!

You could see the players really appreciated the support when they came over at the end. Great spirit lads.

Here's to giving Chelski a proper battle and nicking 3 points?

COYI's !!
DickyBoy!

Post by DickyBoy! »

Damn auto-text!... Note to self... Preview before sending!...

Sat night should read last night and stop singing should read stop stinging! Ha, :arry:
towner

Post by towner »

saltney hammers wrote:As for the fans stuff on here I was in the SAF middle row near corner flag opposite us, thought u were all brilliant all night, only ever heard claret and blue army so someone clearly has an agenda to stir up more bother.:crest:
I must have been sat pretty close to you as i was in block n2403 which is right on the corner flag,shame we never scored as i'm pretty sure there were plenty of us scattered around.

I think you may be right about someone having an agenda,wouldn't be that herbert character would it.
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

Interested to read all the positive Cole posts given the fact that Sam was heard bollocking Cole for not winning the ball in the air - as reported on Abu Dabi tv. Whenever Cole comes on my heart sinks. His strike rate has to be approximately miss six score one. An elephant on ice. Too clumsy to play second row for England but unbelievably once wore the sacred shirt.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

speculator wrote:Whenever Cole comes on my heart sinks. His strike rate has to be approximately miss six score one. .
He wished.

13 efforts on goal in total - 7 off target - 4 on target - 2 blocked - 0 goals