Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Re: The January 2013 transfer window

Post by steveyrockstar »

bobcar wrote:I've seen Jonass Olsson mentioned a few times and he is an excellent player but why would West Brom sell him? They have him on a contract until 2016 and he is essential to their defence.
The player apparently wants to move to London for family reasons
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

hamagram wrote:Does anybody know anything about an Andrei Kramarica?, making lots of noise about wanting to come to west ham from Russia?
Isn't this the alias used by Samba...?
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrej_Kramari%C4%87" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Croation geezer
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

baritalia wrote: If we really want the next Modric here in England, Alen Halilovic. The kid is going places.
wonderkid.. :thup:
Chippenhammer

Post by Chippenhammer »

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... /3666525/-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Allardyce: We'll be offered 1,000 players by the end of January

The West Ham manager estimates that the club will be offered over 1,000 players by the end of the transfer window, making it harder for his scouting department to pick the best.
Sam Allardyce claims that West Ham will be offered more than 1,000 players by the end of the January transfer window, in a month which has already seen him add to his squad.

The manager of the east London club is looking to strengthen his side as they attempt to maintain their form from the first half of the season, and as a result keep the Hammers in the Premier League.

Making it clear he is not a great fan of the imposition of a transfer window, Allardyce revealed to reporters how frantic this month is likely to be for West Ham: "I would think we would touch 1,000 [players being offered to us] by the end of January.

"I pass everything on to Martin Glover, our head of recruitment. The chairman gets a whole load of players thrown at him as well - he passes them on to us.

"At the end of the window, Martin will sit down and tot up and say we have had 1,000s of contacts probably. That's why he is panicking at the minute because he cannot get any sleep.

"It's a really difficult period for us all and we're all glad when it's over. It's been out of control since it started - it has never been under control, it has never been an ideal situation in any way, shape or form."

Allardyce is, however, well aware of the risk of making a big-money signing which fails to pay off.

"Mistakes cost you your job, don't they? Now, if I make mistakes in the transfer window and bring in players that fail, it costs me my job. It gets me the sack."
Last edited by Chippenhammer on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marchweather

Post by Marchweather »

these are the times I miss BaggioBergkamp wish people didnt lay into him, he was one of maybe 2 or 3 real ITK's for us in this forum.

Come back Baggio
Chippenhammer

Post by Chippenhammer »

Marchweather wrote:these are the times I miss BaggioBergkamp wish people didnt lay into him, he was one of maybe 2 or 3 real ITK's for us in this forum.

Come back Baggio

Me too mate. Been quiet on here this window despite four coming in.
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

baritalia wrote: If we really want the next Modric here in England, Alen Halilovic. The kid is going places.
TurnbullHammer wrote:wonderkid..
On the other hand, to take out 16 year old from an environment that suits him well (family, school, football academy) and put him somewhere where he knows nowhere, language he barely speaks... It might prove to be a disaster. The kid is obviously destined for bigger things than West Ham Utd but I wouldn't mind having him here for a couple of seasons and then sell him for millions to one of the giants.

However, his godfather is Slaven Bilic and he might put in a good word about West Ham Utd. He did the same for Jelavic but we weren't the only one (Everton :D). Let him develop in Zagreb for a couple of years more and then let's see (although the price will significantly rise if he continues to develop that rapidly).
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

Marchweather wrote:these are the times I miss Bradley Palmer on Twitter wish people didnt lay into him, he was one of maybe 2 or 3 real ITK's for us in this forum.

Come back Bradley
Chippenhammer wrote:Me too mate. Been quiet on here this window despite four coming in.
Edited for you chaps :wink:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Looking back to a year ago I wish we'd bitten the bullet and paid Uddersfield what they wanted for Jordan Rhodes.

Blackburn are a basket case with a 25 goal striker.
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

Doc H Ball wrote:Looking back to a year ago I wish we'd bitten the bullet and paid Uddersfield what they wanted for Jordan Rhodes.

Blackburn are a basket case with a 25 goal striker.
Or Jelavic. Or Yilmaz. Both for less than £5m.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Just posted on the match thread but better here I suppose. I hope we're now going to do everything to keep Diame (and Tomkins, for that matter).
munichhammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by munichhammer »

Marchweather wrote:these are the times I miss BaggioBergkamp wish people didnt lay into him, he was one of maybe 2 or 3 real ITK's for us in this forum.

Come back Baggio
wally was fired.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I think we should put in a cheeky bid for Wayne Rooney
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

munichhammer wrote:wally was fired.

Might this be the reason for his departure? Or Dublin afair?
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Sorry young Potts but as much as i praised him for his Man utd performance the same goes if he was ***** he gets dug out .He showed his immaturity today instead of finding row z he tried to do the chest back to Jussi .
We do need a left back and quickly.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

61dicksey wrote:Sorry young Potts but as much as i praised him for his Man utd performance the same goes if he was ***** he gets dug out .He showed his immaturity today instead of finding row z he tried to do the chest back to Jussi .
We do need a left back and quickly.
How is he supposed to find row z with the ball at chest height and so close to him that he can't use his feet?
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

Yeah man, Jussi's fault not to save the shot properly...
Westcliff Hammer

Post by Westcliff Hammer »

We have a goal difference of -3 when has a West Ham team gone into January with a great chance of finishing with a positive one, I can't remember the last time we finished a Premier League season with a positive goal difference.
Based on those statistics the Collins/Reid partnership is working, I'm pretty certain if we dropped Collins for Tomkins we would have conceded more goals than we already have, We also have the best record of goals against from set pieces this is down to Collins/Reid aerial ability. We are crying out for goals i really think we should have gone for Jordan Rhodes when we had the opportunity to last January. If we sell Tomkins which i think we should then i'd love a cheeky loan bid for Joleon Lescott and then in the end of season go out for Chris Samba, Leaving the money recouped for James Tomkins available to get a goal scorer to address our impotency upfront on a permanent deal rather than a loan. Lescott is far better than Tomkins is and is ever likely going to be. I also think we need a keeper who is going to challenge Jussi for the number 1 shirt as he know's he'll get a game week, week out and has no competition other than Raphael Spiegel. Paul Robinson on a free would fit that bill a goalkeeper who's younger than him has Premier League and international experience would undoubtedly give Jussi a kick up the arse and keep him on he's toes. Larrson's goal was well struck but you'd fancy a keeper to save that really (speaking as a keeper who was on Charlton Athletic's books as boy). It was outside the area clear line of sight and a keeper with a bit more agility could and perhaps should have put that over the bar . Jussi has been a decent signing and is more than adequate based on the goal difference stat mentioned previously.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

We shouldn't be selling any defender this window. With our injuries, we currently have:

RB - Demel - Spece
LB - Potts - Taylor
CB1 - Reid - ?
CB2 - Tomkins - ?

We need more defenders and we need them soon. Something that Sam seems to agree with me on given his post match interview too.