Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

DustyHammer
Total likes: 12 likes

Re: The January 2013 transfer window

Post by DustyHammer »

Nolan USUALLY is influential in so many ways on the pitch which can make up for a poorer performance from him in terms of overall contribution to the side. However, definitely last night, Sunderland (a) and other games recently we have capitulated with no backbone or fight. If it's Nolan's job to keep everyone battling hard then IMO he's failing to do that as well at the moment and probably does need a bit of a rest.
tugboatpete

Jack Butland

Post by tugboatpete »

Why arent we in for him they are desperate to sell -pick him up for £2mill with a day to go-our owners know all about him from their time at birmingham? jussi wont be playing next year
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Re: JACK BUTLAND

Post by speculator »

If we could get him for 2 mill it would be a steal.
westhamirish

Post by westhamirish »

Already been talked about in here
http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... start=4420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fester »

Wilson, you had me thinking he had signed you silly ****er!
jenkins89
Has liked: 1 like

Post by jenkins89 »

DustyHammer wrote:Nolan USUALLY is influential in so many ways on the pitch which can make up for a poorer performance from him in terms of overall contribution to the side. However, definitely last night, Sunderland (a) and other games recently we have capitulated with no backbone or fight. If it's Nolan's job to keep everyone battling hard then IMO he's failing to do that as well at the moment and probably does need a bit of a rest.
I have been wondering this for a while now. At the beginning of the season he was an absolute lynch pin for us, generally made us tick and I understood fully why Sam had so much faith in him. He's been a long way off par imo recently and I wonder whether it is just a case of fatigue and not being as fit as he once was.
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

Reid and Noble seem to try harder on the pitch to keep the team going. Even Diarra when he came on. Nolan hardly talks to the referee either nowadays...
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Has Jussi been playing this year ??

Pls keep in the one thread though till a miracle happens pls
umweb
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by umweb »

whufc1895 wrote:Brum seem desperate to off load Butland. Wish we would take a punt on this. I have no confidence in Jussi at all. We have done business with them this year by loaning them Ravel and Hall, so could work in our favour. Maybe they will take Piquionne too!!
i've always thought we don't need a new keeper at this point in time (other positions are a priority)... but we will soon and this does seem like good business to me if he is actually available for the 3.5m i've seen mentioned recently. would be nice to not worry about that position for the next 10 years or so... if he doesn't work out or we get relegated, we should get fairly close to that amount back...
Westcliff Hammer

Post by Westcliff Hammer »

I think at £3.5m Jack Butland would be a great signing. At that price there'll be loads of clubs after him if we could get him in then that would be a fantastic move for us. A new keeper should be high on the agenda right now as Jussi is starting to look a bit wobbly i think this is more to the lack of competition he faces for the Number 1 jersey, Jussi know's full well that he will be a shoe in everyweek and this leads to complacency which i feel is slowly creeping into he's game. There's a few good solid keepers around that probably wouldnt command a high fee.

Luke Steele
Jack Butland (obviously)
Tom Heaton
The Aussie Oldham keeper i cannot remember he's name for the life of me

We have several players in our squad come the end of the season that should in my view be moved on im really hoping the board and Sam can pull one or two signings out the bag in the next few days but i really think its going to be unlikely due to the fact that we have a game on Wednesday and the window slams shut on Thursday realistically we're looking at from now until Tuesday to get someone in who can help shore us up at the back but as we've had the best part of a month to find adequate players to fill the defensive positions doesn't really inspire me to think that we will be successful. I really, really hope Gold, Sullivan, Brady and Sam prove me wrong here but i have to think that we will go into the final few months with what we have
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Probs means f*** all but i saw this on sky bet twitter this morning

More cash this morning for Becks to West Ham - will he make the move? 11/10 to go to #WHUFC, Milan 3/1, Monaco 7/2
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

hammerddh wrote:unfortunately i agree on Tonka. He looked ok last year because he was up against forwards of his level. Loved to be proved wrong but i dont see a PL player there i'm afraid
Trouble with Tomkins is that for the last year he has not had a settled position to play, he's been pushed to midfield to full back to centre back, it's no wonder he's struggling a bit, im sure with a decent run in the centre of defence he will begin to improve.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

tomkins is only young - dont write him off just yet - ffs
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Westcliff Hammer wrote:The Aussie Oldham keeper i cannot remember he's name for the life of me
Greg Bouzanis. Saw him at Crawley earlier in the season. He is good, very, very good
Last edited by Up the Junction on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote removed.
Trevor Montana

Post by Trevor Montana »

What about Lee Camp? Forest fans have been saying he should begin the England squad for a few years now.
westhamirish

Post by westhamirish »

Trevor Montana wrote:What about Lee Camp? Forest fans have been saying he should begin the England squad for a few years now.
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/01/24 ... wich-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jenkins89

Post by jenkins89 »

westhamirish wrote: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/01/24 ... wich-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Worth a bid for Ruddy in the summer maybe?
westhamirish

Post by westhamirish »

westhamirish wrote: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/01/24 ... wich-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jenkins89 wrote:Worth a bid for Ruddy in the summer maybe?
Ruddy is a great keeper and it would be great to get him in. They signed Bunn back in August so Ruddy could be available.

Edit: Just found out Ruddy is injured and wont be back for a good while.
Last edited by westhamirish on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Trevor Montana wrote:What about Lee Camp? Forest fans have been saying he should begin the England squad for a few years now.
...but he is N Ireland's number 1... isn't he?

Ruddy is a good keeper. Butland I know little about but he seems to be rated by a number in the game
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Jimmy Kebe from Reading off to Newcastle apparently, strange one that.