Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

kthammer

Re: The January 2013 transfer window

Post by kthammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote:Jimmy Kebe from Reading off to Newcastle apparently, strange one that.
Well he is sort of French.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

Puff Daddy wrote:I don't think all is well at the club and I also think there is developing friction between Sam and the board too. If you listen carefully to Sam's comments, the clues are there.
I hope there is some friction there. We've been poor lately and have lost direction. Sam was starting to believe his own publicity?
westhamnick

Post by westhamnick »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... /next-club" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

favourites now
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Clacton-ammer wrote:Jimmy Kebe from Reading off to Newcastle apparently, strange one that.
good he gets to come to our gaff again! :D
westhamirish

Post by westhamirish »

Luciano Becchio handed in transfer request at Leeds. If its cheap i think he could make the step up to prem league. Always banging in goals down there. Only for the right price though!
westhamirish

Post by westhamirish »

Kebe going nowhere. He was messing! Shows how much journos use twitter for stories.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

every1 wants to be a comedian. still a tossr, im disappointed now.
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

westhamnick wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... /next-club" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

favourites now
The rumour that I heard is that Beckham is coming back to London.
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

[quote="the wren

favourites now[/quote]

The rumour that I heard is that Beckham is coming back to London.[/quote]

betting only started up again after young bridge becks was reported testing out with Chelski cubs ....2+2=7. Monaco were odds on before that story broke.
Kev59
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

MoMo loves West Ham.......

http://mobile.whufc.com/default.aspx?s= ... id=3051444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Westcliff Hammer

Post by Westcliff Hammer »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:tomkins is only young - dont write him off just yet - ffs

I really hope to be proven wrong here. I really dont think he will improve much beyond he's current abilities he's what 23/24 at this age the fundamental core factors of a top level centre back should be in he's game already things like positioning, reading of the game and when or not to go in for a tackle, How many times do you see a forward go past him either leaving him flat on he's arse or running back towards he's own goal?

The next few years of he's career should about 'fine tuning' and honing he's game and then after that holding down and delivering consistent performances and being touted for a full England call up which is something sadly he will not achieve. He cannot be labelled 'inexperienced' after amassing 100+ top level appearances.

Look around the league and some of the English center halves when they were he's age.

Gary Cahill
Ryan Shawcross
Joleon Lescott
John Terry
Johnathan Woodgate (When fit he was a fantastic defender)

They all had that bit about them that James Tomkins doesn't have. We also look a lot more solid when James Collins is in the side. Tomkins isn't at a level yet where he should be in the side regularly regardless if Collins isn't fit. If he was going to be this great player that few believe he will then he should be at a level already where he's pushing Collins out the side and Collins isn't by any stretch of the imagination a top level world class centre back. There is a slight argument that we're on a dodgy patch of form but, that is true but even so, He should be able to hold some kind form this is he's chance and he is not taking it. We're in a poor run and Reid can still put in consistant performances.

We're barebones at the back and it would be madness to flog him now without any cover BUT should adequate reinforcements should be found and we get a suitable bid come in for him we should take the money. I would rather have Anton back if truth be told, he has a bit more ability than Tomkins.

The squad really needs looking at in the summer there's a few that in my opinion should be moved on if we are going to make the next step onwards and upwards and also don't forget the vastly increased Sky money aswell we can make a real fist of it next season. We'd have to be looking at shifting out.

Freddie Piqionne - He'll go for certain
Carlton Cole - Been a very loyal player for us, I can see why he is loved to the majority on here
Jussi Jaaskilinen - Not worth a years extension
Gary O'Neill - a workhorse, loyal but thats about all, Wont be opposed if he stays
James Tomkins - Already explained
Andy Carroll - Wages saved will be massive once loan spell expires
Matty Taylor - Wouldn't be disappointed if he stays or leaves if a suitable offer comes in then sell him
Alou Diarra - If he wants to go then why stand in he's way
Ricardo Vaz Te - He's attitude needs to change, There's a player there but is it ant loss if he goes

I wouldn't expect all players to be offloaded if it leaves us threadbare but they are in my view 'sellable' and can be replaced by players that are of better quality
jenkins89

Post by jenkins89 »

Kev59 wrote:MoMo loves West Ham.......

http://mobile.whufc.com/default.aspx?s= ... id=3051444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This makes me happy. To be fair to the lad he never came out and said anything in the press or through his agent and didn't deserve the drubbing he got from some on here.
hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hamagram »

Willy Boly, another cracking name!, being linked to us in the Frech press. Don't tell Pards.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

westhamirish wrote:Kebe going nowhere. He was messing! Shows how much journos use twitter for stories.
He got me the sock infested twat.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Just seen the Becchio story, after more money apparently.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Don't really want Beechio, I think regardless of who we sign, our system isn't going to make someone a great goalscorer, a lot of the scoring is down to Nolan who basically plays off the main striker as a second striker.
Bergen Hammer

Post by Bergen Hammer »

Becchio is not good enough and never will be imo, surprised he's got such a big following on here but I hope we stay well clear.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Bergen Hammer wrote:Becchio is not good enough and never will be imo, surprised he's got such a big following on here but I hope we stay well clear.
I agree, I don't understand it either and the question that must be asked, is why has no other premiership club signed him up ?
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

westhamirish wrote:Luciano Becchio handed in transfer request at Leeds. If its cheap i think he could make the step up to prem league. Always banging in goals down there. Only for the right price though!
He really isn't Prem quality.
Westcliff Hammer

Post by Westcliff Hammer »

Winified Zaha having a medical at Man Utd