Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Trevor Montana

Re: The January 2013 transfer window

Post by Trevor Montana »

westlondonhammer wrote:
...but he is N Ireland's number 1... isn't he?

Ruddy is a good keeper. Butland I know little about but he seems to be rated by a number in the game
Touche. That must have passed me by! Still, would be a good signing if we could pip Norwich to it.

Agree on Butland, seen him in the u21s/Olympics but nothing more. Guessing everyone else is the same...
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Becchio has been linked with Wigan for some time now, that's his likely destination.
Westcliff Hammer

Post by Westcliff Hammer »

I said about a week ago or so Alou Diarra would be a good central defender and i got absolutely lambasted on here for saying that. After having a read through the Fulham game thread people have him down as a starter at centre back. This could be a situation we could look at, Should we be able to sort out Diarra's situation he could be handy to have at the back in replacement fpr Tomkins
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

Duncan Castles

Espanyol offer to release Alou Diarra from West Ham United nightmare. #WHUFC #ESP

Espanyol are involved in discussions with West Ham about taking Alou Diarra on loan for the rest of the season. The sticking point is the France international's salary of €2.2million net.

Diarra, 31, only moved to the Premier League from Olympique Marseille in August, but has been sparsely used by Sam Allardyce, making just two appearances in the competition. This week he launched a forthright attack on the nature of the deal that brought him to England.

“I have a three-year contract and I’m not unhappy financially," said Diarra. "But I came to play, not to take an early retirement. I am really at breaking point. At all the clubs where I’ve been, I’ve always had a discussion with the coach, so I know what he expected of me, how the team plays, my positioning.

“But since my arrival at West Ham, I never spoke with the manager. Every­day is 'Hello, goodbye’. There is no dialogue, no explanation. I was told that I was a priority for the manager . At 31 years old, I wanted to find another league and Marseille needed to reduce their wage bill, so it suited everyone.

“It was an opportunity to settle in the Premier League. I did not ask, I trusted. After a few weeks, I realised that there were a lot of lies. This agent has fooled me. Some people have made money on my back

What a total bellend.
alantaylorsleftfoot
Has liked: 177 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by alantaylorsleftfoot »

What about Curtis Davies:- Leytonstone boy, available for £1.5m, age 27, currently earning 27k per week. All adds up
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

Why is he a bellend?
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

baritalia wrote:Why is he a bellend?
Who knows why he is one?
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

baritalia wrote:Why is he a bellend?

Because when he got here he wasnt fit and then sustained an injury which meant that he was unable to play for three months. I dont recall D and G coming out and complaining that they bought what they believed to be a fit player only to find out he was injured. They continued to pay his 30k plus wages whilst he was unfit. Dont recall him complaining then do you? Now I accept that agents can cause all sorts of problems and promise the earth but bloody hell! If he has a spine then he should give his all and if he still cant get a game then he may have some justification, but the guy isnt properly fit right now, so he should get his own house in order first. ok?
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:tomkins is only young - dont write him off just yet - ffs
No one of any consequence is. He's a good player obviously low on confidence.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Newcastle have officially signed Sissoko and Haidara.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Newcastle aka Le Château Nouvelle
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

Dyer's Leg wrote:Newcastle aka Le Château Nouvelle
and their nickname Les pie bavarde
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Or Chateauneuf du Pards
Kev59
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

Westcliff Hammer wrote:Winified Zaha having a medical at Man Utd
We should have been all over that. Typical G&S. No ****ing ambition.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Westcliff Hammer wrote:Winified Zaha having a medical at Man Utd
Kev59 wrote:We should have been all over that. Typical G&S. No ****ing ambition.
Yeah, lets out bid Man Utd!

We should have been all over it 2 seasons ago.
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

Or in the summer for £5m. Wasn't that what they were asking?
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Westcliff Hammer wrote:
We should have been all over that. Typical G&S. No ****ing ambition.
Because he would surely have picked us over Man Utd wouldn't he :?

Don't mind that bit though, lets use it as an excuse to have a dig at our owners lol
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

Now that Rod Fanni has signed a 2 year extension at Marseille, I see from an untrusted source we are looking at a 6 month loan with a 1.5M option in the summer for Willie Boly, you really couldnt make this up...well, I suppose you can :D

Supposedly he was moving to Parma, but the deal collapsed, Fulham also linked.

Link to the story

http://www.foot-national.com/foot-auxer ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His wiki stats are here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willy_Boly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kev59
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

Simply Moore wrote:
Don't mind that bit though, lets use it as an excuse to have a dig at our owners lol
:wink: (ironic type one)
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

Chippenhammer wrote:Because when he got here he wasnt fit and then sustained an injury which meant that he was unable to play for three months. I dont recall D and G coming out and complaining that they bought what they believed to be a fit player only to find out he was injured. They continued to pay his 30k plus wages whilst he was unfit. Dont recall him complaining then do you? Now I accept that agents can cause all sorts of problems and promise the earth but bloody hell! If he has a spine then he should give his all and if he still cant get a game then he may have some justification, but the guy isnt properly fit right now, so he should get his own house in order first. ok?
1 - He was very fit when he came here.

Here are Sam's words at the time of signing (source: link):
His game ratio is outstanding and his fitness is looking good and he flew through the medical. This lad is available to play every week. He'll bring an awful lot to our team and we're looking forward to settling him in and seeing what he can do.
David Gold also confirmed on his Twitter that Diarra was NOT injured at the time of signing. I don't know how could he have played against Swansea and Crewe with a thigh strain.

2 - His exact words were that he is happy financially here but not with his playing time. He was promised a key role in midfield but we broke our promise. Sure, it's up to manager to pick the best squad but then you don't promise a thing like this. We knew he wouldn't sign so we lied to him. Plus our liaison officer acted as an agent and made money.

3 - We paid £2.2m for a player. If he is telling the truth that he's never spoken to manager about his role, duties and playing... then we are a joke of a club. How we can play in the highest tier is beyond me... But then again, if he is telling the truth.

4 - Everyone knew he came here for the money. If you think the captain of France came to West Ham Utd at the age of 31 because he loves the club, the fans and the fantastic atmosphere you are a bellend.