Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Re: The January 2013 transfer window

Post by Up the Junction »

Ricardo wrote:#Arsenal have a shortlist of two for the head of Arsenal youth academy post. Dennis Bergkamp and Tony Carr are the targets #AFC #WHUFC
Make that a short list of one then...
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Chippenhammer wrote:Robinson injured right now? He sorts out his contractual issues. And we sign a free agent in a couple of weeks maybe?
Would rather we wait until the sumer now and get a decent keeper in.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

This Carroll thing Sullivan is on about ?

The clubs have agreed the fee of £17M, so if Carroll says OK I'll join at the end of the season bang goes £17M on Carlton Cole's replacement ?!!!

Can we get out of the deal ??!!
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Pop Robson wrote:This Carroll thing Sullivan is on about ?

The clubs have agreed the fee of £17M, so if Carroll says OK I'll join at the end of the season bang goes £17M on Carlton Cole's replacement ?!!!

Of course,just offer him a wage that he won't accept.
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

Pop Robson wrote:This Carroll thing Sullivan is on about ?

Yes, it's optional. I still hope we can negotiate for a deal around £10m and in payments over the length of his contract.
Xander
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Xander »

saludo de carlitos wrote:We need a left back, I'd snap Drenthe up on a free

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royston_Drenthe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know nothing about him but surely he would have a contract somewhere if he was any good?
sledger

Post by sledger »

A tiny bit the mail this morning said we had Robinson.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Oldun wrote: Of course,just offer him a wage that he won't accept.
baritalia wrote: Yes, it's optional. I still hope we can negotiate for a deal around £10m and in payments over the length of his contract.

Probably all signed and sealed in advance, you never know though now he's had his hair done not Northern looking he'll come good :thup:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Pop Robson wrote:
Probably all signed and sealed in advance, you never know though now he's had his hair done not Northern looking he'll come good
Very funny,Pop. Made my day. :lol:
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

saludo de carlitos wrote:We need a left back, I'd snap Drenthe up on a free

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royston_Drenthe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Still lives in Everton, was offered moves in Europe but couldn't be bothered, always out on the lash, smoking, drinking etc. Him and Andy would have a fantastic time together.
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

Drenthe hasn't been a left back since he was in Ajax's youth team. Sure, he's masqueraded as one on a few occasions but he would hardly help our cause. Might as well bring Obinna back and put him at LB.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

thejackhammer wrote: Still lives in Everton, was offered moves in Europe but couldn't be bothered, always out on the lash, smoking, drinking etc. Him and Andy would have a fantastic time together.
Don't worry about that though, i'm just gutted Saludo isn't our manager so we could have snap him up.. :D
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

This one passed me by... Was it announced? Dom Vose released; started out as one of our brightest prospects.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21301321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Following him on Twitter he's a right little paper gangster! I wonder if his attitude had anything to do with it - he could be the next Ravel.
Chelmo Hammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chelmo Hammer »

Hayden wrote:This one passed me by... Was it announced? Dom Vose released; started out as one of our brightest prospects.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21301321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Following him on Twitter he's a right little paper gangster! I wonder if his attitude had anything to do with it - he could be the next Ravel.
I had missed this too. I followed him on Twitter for a bit but unfollowed after a while because of the relentless ***** he would come out with. Even for a footballer he was on there alot. Is a shame he has been released though.

To be fair to Morrison he seems to have got his head down and enjoying a decent time at Birmingham, so there is some hope there still.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

westhamerica wrote:Drenthe hasn't been a left back since he was in Ajax's youth team. Sure, he's masqueraded as one on a few occasions but he would hardly help our cause. Might as well bring Obinna back and put him at LB.
he never played in the ajax youth team, he came through the ranks at Feyenoord.
also; weren't man united only a few years ago after vose? seem to remember that at least, what a shame he didn't make the grade
hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hamagram »

Apparently we've taken on a young Czech keeper, Vit Nemrava 17. Deal put together by Ludo.
He's been given an 18 month contact that can be cancelled at any time, cos he's got chronic ankle problems!
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

I put this out at start of season.. and i think now more than ever we should try and sign craig gordon on a free to provide some goal keeping cover
Pompey Hammer

Post by Pompey Hammer »

mumbles87 wrote:we should try and sign craig gordon on a free to provide some goal keeping cover

Never put a sweaty in the nets!!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

hamagram wrote:Apparently we've taken on a young Czech keeper, Vit Nemrava 17.
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Up the Junction wrote:http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cant bring myself to get excited when the club sign a young up and coming keeper anymore.. we got rid of stech who was meant to be the next cech. We have spiegal atm but how much do we really rate him if we have brought in this new fella?

then when was the last time we actually produced a keeper from the acadamy? I mean bywater was almost 10 years ago.. and tbh was rubbish we just used him when we went down then got rid.. before that who was the last decent keeper to come through the ranks?