Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 834 likes

Re: The January 2013 transfer window

Post by mushy »

Mumbles,
strange you mention Bywater and tha fact you cant get excited about signing young keepers, because that is how we got Bywater in the first place, from Rochdale or someone.
he was OK -just not prem class, has had quite agood career I reckon.
This club only ever produced one top keeper in my time and that was Mervyn Day, and he lost the plot somewhere.I cant even think of many home grown keepers that acually played for the first team.
Peter Grotier. Neil Finn (just), who else?
It must be our worst position from the youth team to first team.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 934 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

mushy wrote:Mumbles,
strange you mention Bywater and tha fact you cant get excited about signing young keepers, because that is how we got Bywater in the first place, from Rochdale or someone.
he was OK -just not prem class, has had quite agood career I reckon.
This club only ever produced one top keeper in my time and that was Mervyn Day, and he lost the plot somewhere.I cant even think of many home grown keepers that acually played for the first team.
Peter Grotier. Neil Finn (just), who else?
It must be our worst position from the youth team to first team.
I had a feeling I might have got that confused. Think it's because we again got him young but yeah we seem to have a problem getting keepers from potential to actually decent...

How good a coach is ludo? Seriously.. Goal keeping always seems to be a problem for us!
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

The Olympiakos left back that Sullivan hinted at was probably Giannis Zaradoukas. He is a LB, was just loaned out to Aris along with Diamatakos and Tatos. He played for Greece in a qualifier against Israel. He would have been a good signing, a better defender than Holevas ( Oly & Greece LB).
Torosidis, who went to Roma, is very much a right-footed player. I recommended him earlier in this thread.

I also mentioned Stefanos Kapino, the GK for Panathinaikos. He would walk into the team straightaway. He is better than Butland IMHO. We should go for him for next season.
Kent-Hammer15

Post by Kent-Hammer15 »

paulthebubble wrote:Stefanos Kapino
I too have heard really good things about this guy! He is really a hidden gem in many ways, really would love him here at West Ham for the future! Perhaps loaned out for a season or two to gain experience (I think he's 19 ish?) He's about the same size as our Spegiel 6 foot 5/6. I think once he gets to be Panathinaikos' first choice goalkeeper I can see him being snapped up by a 'bigger' club. Saying all that though, I have no idea what his value would be at! He's been called up to the Greece national teams as an understudy a few times.
I wouldn't say he would walk into the team though, certainly a very decent understudy to Jussi/Adrian.