The Sam Allardyce Poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you believe West Ham United FC should retain the services of Sam Allardyce as manager?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 1197

wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Re: The Sam Allardyce Poll

Post by wizzo_66 »

the pink palermo wrote:
I disagree.

Given the fact we are out of the FA Cup and second bottom of the division , I would suggest this forum is offering full support .
Great shout Pinky, didn't think I would get away with that one!
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 99 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

I've lost all faith that the manager can turn our dire league form around.

But I would find it hard to want rid of the manager that gets us to a Wembley final, unlikely, I know.
F.U.B.A.R.

Post by F.U.B.A.R. »

the pink palermo wrote:
I disagree.

Given the fact we are out of the FA Cup and second bottom of the division , I would suggest this forum is offering full support .
Full? Well we must have different view point on what support is...
mightyhammer

Post by mightyhammer »

I wonder how many of you that said YES wish you had held back for 6 days .... ;-)

edit: misread the poll question second time round lol
BorderTownHammer

Post by BorderTownHammer »

I'd like to change my vote please!
ChikinRun
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by ChikinRun »

I think the situation is, errr, intensifying so fast another poll would give a more accurate idea than the current 51% 'yes' vote. That was then, this is now as they say...everything about the club looked doomed last night, from sam's dish to the players' attitude and effort...except the fans...as West Ham as we ever were.
OFT
Has liked: 2993 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Last 2 performances reminded me of the 'Kinnock falling in the sea fist raised aloft' moment.

I too suspect a poll taken from now would yield a far different view but perhaps the situation should be reviewed should the malaise continue at Cardiff.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

the pink palermo wrote:
I disagree.

.......and I always thought you were good at maths. Scroll to the top of the page mate, its far from "full support" :wink:
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Two humiliations live on Tv in the space of days and people are still voting to keep him. Amazing.
ShanghaiHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by ShanghaiHammer »

I just voted yes.

The owners need to be responsible for the 'quality' of player in the squad. Allardyce will be a good long term choice if he can just get some proper funding.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

The most important people to vote on this is are the owners,they have voted to stick, by doing this I think that they will lose many thousands of fans for the rest of this season and next.
Included in that is me,a fan for over 50 years and missing only a couple of home games in the last 20 seasons,I have been through all the relegations and the struggles but all the time that this man is in charge then I will be seriously be considering my position,the only thing that will keep me going is my son and friends who all go together,not this team or the fat man and his **** tactics.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

I've lost all confidence in him now. He doesn't seem to know what to do other than play the same way every game and make tired excuses about injuries and how good the opposition are.
Sawbo
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Sawbo »

Please go now!!!
We're doomed anyway, so at least replace him with someone who wants to play football the right way, the West Ham way.
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

Proper funding, hasn't he broken our transfer record twice?
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Muddy wrote:Two humiliations live on Tv in the space of days and people are still voting to keep him. Amazing.
^^ This, I've read peoples reasons for voting yes, I respect their right to an opinion but cannot get my head around how they come to said opinion. He has to go now.
Lord Snuffsbury

Post by Lord Snuffsbury »

Sawbo wrote:so at least replace him with someone who wants to play football the right way, the West Ham way.
The West Ham way?

You mean lose a lot and be a yo-yo club?

That's already happening.

The West Ham way does make me laugh :lol:
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Richard WHUFC wrote:Proper funding, hasn't he broken our transfer record twice?
More importantly, he hasn't been forced to sell anyone either, bar Scott Parker. He's been the most backed and well supported manager in our history.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

happydaystoytown wrote:I've lost all faith that the manager can turn our dire league form around.

But I would find it hard to want rid of the manager that gets us to a Wembley final, unlikely, I know.
Problem solved.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Richard WHUFC wrote:Proper funding, hasn't he broken our transfer record twice?
Yes. On players neither of which has made any impact this season.
sammer

Post by sammer »

Anyone who stays loyal to players like: Nolan, Taylor & McCartney, who all belong in the Championship, deserves to be sacked for that alone!

It's a shame the owners can't be sacked aswell! In my eyes there the worst thing to ever happen to this club! And don't give me their managing the debt! They said it would go down every season, and yet we've been about £70m for about 3 years now! :? Plus they don't mention they will make Millions by building houses on Upton Park, which will surely be enough to pay off all the debt anyway! But instead they pretend they're struggling.

They just look for any excuse not to spend any money! They'll be panicking when the debt is gone, as they'll soon realise that they have actually got to spend some money! Look at them now for godsake, they're not exactly killing themselves this transfer window to keep us up are they! Roger Johnson alone summed up how much we mean to them! It's like they've given up already!

Not to mention aswell fighting tooth and nail for this new FFP rule and then having the cheek to moan about it and use it as an excuse!

And if anyone mentions they spent £15m on Carroll last summer, I think that says more about them then Big Sam! What about the rest of the TV money? Where did that go!?

How many relegations have G&S had before this season now, at Birmingham & ourselves? 4. Coincidence or what......