Transfer Window: Summer 2014

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bspur1

Re: The summer 2014 Transfer thread and wish list

Post by bspur1 »

LeonRivers wrote:2 posters in this page have Vaz down as "ok in the championship". :lol:
Yes he is just ok and very limited goal sense in this clip " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

warning this clip is 7.59 , dont fall alseep watching the Hoof Ball
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

20 goals is okay I suppose. He's hat trick and over head kick against Brighton was alright, I guess.
denzel

Post by denzel »

Maybe I am an optimist but I still see a Premier League player in RVT, someone who can play as an inside forward, a la Welbeck, for a mid-table team. His strengths are that he is unpredictable and is very good in the air when arriving at the back post. I believe that if he stayed injury free and played week in week out he could produce a bit of form and consistency.

I agree with TTS too he does add balance. We just don't get enough men in the box when we play with 2 out and out wingers like Downing and Jarvis. We need someone to play as an inside forward on the other flank. RVT could do a job like that and help us to finish around 12th-17th IMO, but if we're aiming higher then he should be on the bench.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

saludo de carlitos wrote:Ronaldihno

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/r ... to-england" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The club aint kidding either, I might get to watch him at the Camrose... such a long shot though you can only just see the target, Great PR at worse :lol:
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

If Richards proves himself with Fiorentina hopefully we'll be able to take him on a free transfer next year. Or better yet after a half a season of bench warming Nastasic might be more welcoming to joining The West Ham Revolution
Antnee

Post by Antnee »

denzel wrote:Maybe I am an optimist but I still see a Premier League player in RVT, someone who can play as an inside forward, a la Welbeck, for a mid-table team. His strengths are that he is unpredictable and is very good in the air when arriving at the back post.
Very good in the air?? Have you seen the amount of missed headed chances he has had this season?
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1027 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:So Leon Rivers what's wrong saying Vaz would be ok in the championship, when he clearly was so there's no lies in that statement at all,

then again it's no victory when you've bested a fool, but I'll take pleasure in it anyway,
thejackhammer wrote: Let's face it he was more than 'okay'.
I'm starting to wonder if I should pop open the blocked posts every so often. I wonder how long 'exiled' has been internet stalking me. :lol:

But yes, jackhammer. He was quite clearly more than "OK". Scored one or two less than Rickie Lambert, despite playing half the season at a poor-to-average club, and half the season with us. A good portion of his time with us was spent on the left as well.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1027 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

denzel wrote:Maybe I am an optimist but I still see a Premier League player in RVT, someone who can play as an inside forward, a la Welbeck, for a mid-table team. His strengths are that he is unpredictable and is very good in the air when arriving at the back post. I believe that if he stayed injury free and played week in week out he could produce a bit of form and consistency.

I agree with TTS too he does add balance. We just don't get enough men in the box when we play with 2 out and out wingers like Downing and Jarvis. We need someone to play as an inside forward on the other flank. RVT could do a job like that and help us to finish around 12th-17th IMO, but if we're aiming higher then he should be on the bench.
A 100% fair and accurate assessment.

I'd add that there's little to choose between sides finishing 8th/9th and those finishing 12th really. But yeah, he's probably not quite of the standard you'd want from a forward at a side aiming for the top positions.

As you have said, I'd have liked his to have stayed injury free over the past two seasons. He does seem to take quite a while to get into his stride. He needs that consistency of selection to reach his peak. I personally thought he was outstanding in our Championship season, and started the first season back well until the shoulder injury. I think he'll get a bit of time to try and get some momentum going whilst we wait for Valencia to acclimatise, assuming that Allardyce has him earmarked for the inside forward role of course.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 2343 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Very good in the air?? Have you seen the amount of missed headed chances he has had this season?
One against Spurs?
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

Ronaldinho has signed for a Mexican team, can tick that one off...
smuts
Has liked: 1493 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by smuts »

Vaz Te was superb for us in the championship.....signed for less than a million and banged in the goals to get us promoted.

In the Prem though...sorry, he's just not going to ever be up to it. You can't get away with sauntering about and looking disinterested half the time at that level.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

You are spot on smuts. Trevor Morley was the same....just a fraction off the pace in the top league. Decent...but not outstanding.
peter49uk

Re: The summer 2014 Transfer thread and wish list: DEADLINE DAY

Post by peter49uk »

No more of this

Fans will be prevented from appearing on Sky Sports News HQ on transfer deadline day after footage of sex aids, obscene outbursts and a firework-wielding mob marred its coverage of the end of the last window.

Telegraph Sport has learnt that the broadcaster has taken the unprecedented step of asking clubs to allow its team of roving reporters inside their stadia and training grounds during Monday’s final hours of the January market.
Prob wrote:Image
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 467 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Re: The summer 2014 Transfer thread and wish list: DEADLINE DAY

Post by Billy Hunt »

peter49uk wrote:No more of this

Fans will be prevented from appearing on Sky Sports News HQ on transfer deadline day after footage of sex aids, obscene outbursts and a firework-wielding mob marred its coverage of the end of the last window.

Telegraph Sport has learnt that the broadcaster has taken the unprecedented step of asking clubs to allow its team of roving reporters inside their stadia and training grounds during Monday’s final hours of the January market.

]
They'll have to take a mock up of a car door/window to QPR then