West Ham Utd 1-2 Arsenal (28/12/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MK Hammer 3

Re: West Ham United V Arsenal Match Thread

Post by MK Hammer 3 »

From what I saw on MOTD, our players all looked onside when Song hit the volley and their assist looked offside for their second goal too.
Karlos

Post by Karlos »

We played well yesterday and a it was a really enjoyable game to be at.

In the 95th minute, just after Valencia put his header over the bar, the fans realised the game was up and that we'd given our all but not managed to force a result. Around all four sides of the ground the chant went up "We love you West Ham, we do".

This for me demonstrated the West Ham Way. Entertaining football, 100% commitment, and fans who appreciate a team that gives its all even if we can't always win.

Looking forward to West Brom on New Year's Day, I really hope and believe we will get back to winning ways.

COYI.
Gep

Post by Gep »

This is what ive always wanted. I don't mind if we lose but knowing we gave it a good go each time. Show that passion, drive, determination in every game. We'll always stand by you. :crest:
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Gep wrote:This is what ive always wanted. I don't mind if we lose but knowing we gave it a good go each time. Show that passion, drive, determination in every game. We'll always stand by you. :crest:
Yep with you, that's what makes the Chelsea game so very disappointing.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Are people still happy with Allardyce's approach in the Chelsea game?

Compare & contrast to Southampton, who really gave it a go and got a draw against them.

I think the players who played put in their all for both games & deserve all the support they get. Booing your own players is a terrible thing.

I think Allardyce showed a lack of ambition against Chelsea. Some may call it realism. But then Southampton are now sitting in 4th and we're not. No doubt he's done this club a lot of good since he's been here by I hope he's learnt from the last two games because I think he's been found wanting personally.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

Yup

Southampton were at home, no doubt if we were we'd have setup differently, as we did against Man City, Liverpool and arsenal this season, with one disappointing result out of the 3
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

Karlos wrote:We played well yesterday and a it was a really enjoyable game to be at.

In the 95th minute, just after Valencia put his header over the bar, the fans realised the game was up and that we'd given our all but not managed to force a result. Around all four sides of the ground the chant went up "We love you West Ham, we do".

This for me demonstrated the West Ham Way. Entertaining football, 100% commitment, and fans who appreciate a team that gives its all even if we can't always win.

Looking forward to West Brom on New Year's Day, I really hope and believe we will get back to winning ways.

COYI.
makes a good change to hear support...proper support instead of the boos

The players earned that.
Gep

Post by Gep »

We need to stop comparing us to others. We do what we need to do. Set up our squad in the best way that we can and who's available. I couldn't care less what Southampton are doing right?? Swings and roundabouts. They're doing their own thing as we are too. Football can change in a blink of an eye. I'm happy to be carrying on what WE are doing.
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

derek zoolander wrote:Are people still happy with Allardyce's approach in the Chelsea game?

Compare & contrast to Southampton, who really gave it a go and got a draw against them.
True but I think Chelsea at Stamford Bridge are a slightly more frightening proposition than Chelsea away - you only have to look at their record for that. We could/should have gone for it a bit more against them but it's easier said than done, as pretty much every team gets drawn back at SB, whilst at home (as Saints were) you can express yourself to a higher level in front of your own fans. I'm sure we will do when they visit us,
Markt85

Post by Markt85 »

Gep wrote:This is what ive always wanted. I don't mind if we lose but knowing we gave it a good go each time. Show that passion, drive, determination in every game. We'll always stand by you. :crest:
Totally agree. BUT! The reason so many fans were behind us yesterday when we were losing was because its Arsenal.

I've seen us play like that against lower teams and every shot wide or miss places pass is created by groans and grunts, it was refreshing to have such good support like that just wish we could for all games not just the 'big teams' but I suppose that's just natural now days.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

It was the sense of injustice against what were perceived as unfair decisions by the ref/lineman that got the crowd going and then obviously the battling performance. The opposition was secondary to that.
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

This