Swansea 1-1 West Ham Utd (10/01/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Re: Swansea vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by irving boleyn »

I hope Sam addresses the problem of Naismith. Had a free run the whole of the earlier game, although no goals resulted mainly due to Reids close attention to Lukaku...the two occasions he neglected his duties the ball ended in the net.Twice Cresswell was an inadequate deputy.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Up the Junction wrote: Unfortunately the Nolan/manager bashers are just as prevalent here.
But you don't get anyone travelling who thinks like some do on here...that our manager is above criticism, never makes mistakes and that our Captain has been treated not only fairly compared to others but fully deserves his place in the team.

How people not only have the front to mug the most loyal fans this club has but talk down to them is something that effects this site hugely these days.

No respect for the real fans...and no respect for the people that help run this site.

In fact...no respect full stop.

Time for a cull....
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

the pink palermo wrote:
I never heard anything bad about Nolan either - maybe one shout when he misplaced a pass horribly .

That might be due to the fact in my area we are all so old just staying alive is our top priority, Saturday we had me with a dodgy back, Dan with dodgy knees, Geoff with a sore foot, and Eddie down the end of the row holding a mirror over Colin's mouth every ten minutes to make sure he was still breathing .

Average age about 55 I reckon .

And still living the dream .
With a 3.5 hour train journey and booze served.....is anyone surprised that you might get the odd pop.

Nolan wouldn't have been in my team after Everton...
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

I didn't know James May was a Hammer! :wink:
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:I take it that is you second row, far right Kev?

Pinky just in front of you with the claret baseball cap? ;)
Yeah I'm the scruffy b*stard badly in need of a haircut/diet/makeover. If I'd known that was Pinky I'd have said hello but I've no idea what anyone on here looks like.
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

Knighter10WHU wrote:
On another note, how poor was our end on Saturday? I don't know if its the layout of the stadium and the upper and lower split but I thought our atmosphere was dire, theirs was too bar the first 10/15 minutes in all fairness, but definitely one of the quietest West Ham ends I've been in for a while.
Thought it was a bit louder than it's been previous two seasons down here, but still not as good as Cardiff away last year. And while i don't get a chance to get to many away games i understand where you're coming from because our away support always sounds loud whenever i watch highlights on tv. Perhaps the beer is watered down too much in Swansea :wink: Watched the Sky match choice highlights twice since saturday, and both sets of supporters came across as quiet, although there was one rousing rendition of Bubbles from our lot just before half time not long after Carroll had scored. Sounded awesome. Also loved how we countered their "Garry Monk's Barmy Army" with "We Are West Ham's Claret And Blue Army" every time they started singing it. "Who's The ****er With The Drum" also got a few airings as well. Annoying twat as he is!
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Status Kev wrote:If I'd known that was Pinky I'd have said hello but I've no idea what anyone on here looks like.
TBF it wasn't pinky, far too young and well presented, I just thought he might bite :wink:

Good to put a face to your posts though, just in case I see you at a quo gig
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

Romford wrote:
Very OTT stewarding in our end...must of been 30 people thrown out in a game that never had any problems before or after.
Yeah i seen a few getting thrown out, because i was standing next to the tunnel entrance in upper tier so had a good view of what was below. One fella was arguing with the stewards for ages, not long after he was thrown out some bloke who was sticking up for him was given his marching orders as well. What it was all about i don't know because i didn't see any trouble either.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

ashbanki wrote:Watched the players get off the coach at the ground.
My daughter was stunned at the comment from a "hammers fan" in front of us ,as the first player got off -Winston Reid- "fuckoff back to New Zealand you twat"!
I completely disagree with this behaviour but it still made me laugh
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

Nolan was genuinely awful I was sat right behind McDonald and all he kept saying was "push out Kev", "keep up with play", "track back" and the he spent 20 mins trying to sub him but he wouldn't come off.
Eventually he turned round and said "he's got nothing left?!" "For gods sake"
Emabarrassing really.

Highlights of the match were Carroll goal and Gary monk trying to put crews well off by pretending to be a west ham player ! "Cressers, here, here cresswell" every time he paused near the dugout with the ball :lol:
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=lA5dJb0i7Og

Still can't believe how good Carroll's goal was. I could watch this over and over again....
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

pinky wroteApart from the brilliant Noble pass and spot of showboating

Generally though I agree , maybe a 5 minute spell when we had a couple of good chances late in the 2nd half .

Swansea were double boring , couldn't watch them every week .[/quote]
Full of really old ****ers as well, I mean I am an old ****er, but these c*nts took the piss :lol:
thal

Post by thal »

Romford wrote:
We should have moved Tomkins up to man mark Sigurdson...there were 3 defenders on one attacker and the bloke sitting in the hole was unmarked and running the show.
Absolutely spot on! It was so frustrating to watch the amount of space he had. On at least two occasions Nobes was tracking back with him then left him to shut down the player on the ball, both times he pointed for someone to track Sigurdson and no one did, both times he created a chance.

People are generalising about Swansea being a good team and difficult to beat at home but the fact is that for that game and that game alone they were beatable. Our negativity in the second half cost us those three points. I don't buy that we were pushed back, I think there was a very deliberate decision to shut up shop.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

One thing, I was trying to remember the last goal we conceded where we really couldn't have done any better to defend it.

We have had three 1-1 draws losing the lead, and in all three games the goal we conceded was actually a catalogue of errors. But that was the only opposition goal in each case. Fine margins.....

That was the difference between four more points and the next round of the cup.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Pinky just in front of you with the claret baseball cap? ;)
Nah, he wears this strange twill flat cap. Think of a cross between JoBoxers and Last of the Summer Wine.
bullyhammer

Post by bullyhammer »

Big_Russ wrote:Nolan was genuinely awful I was sat right behind McDonald and all he kept saying was "push out Kev", "keep up with play", "track back" and the he spent 20 mins trying to sub him but he wouldn't come off.
Eventually he turned round and said "he's got nothing left?!" "For gods sake"
Emabarrassing really.
I guess Sam must be aware that Kev isn't up to 90 minutes any more. He'll have to find a better way of utilising him, if he's to keep his place even as a sub.
Last edited by bullyhammer on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Nolan can be a useful resource coming from the bench, and solidifying us if we're rocking under pressure.

I just can't see a line up where he should be starting anymore.