Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 West Ham Utd (22/02/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Re: Who fancies a party?

Post by Billydinho »

hammers92 wrote:http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs-a ... -planning/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This got sent to me. You can download guest invitations for Sunday, party directions and ideas for Spurs themed recipes

I despair
They advertised this at half time.

Cringe isn't the word...
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Sloop John B wrote:Personally think there are a lot of comparisons between Allardyce and Curbishley - both as people and as football managers.
I've said that for a long time and (big if I know) but if the arse hadn't fallen out of the owners finances there is a good chance Curbs would have had this club in the position Sam has now.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Not that this thread has anything to do with Alan Curbishley, but I think it's a pertinent point when comparing him with Allardyce, that a manager (Curbs) who is regarded as one of the dullest in recent memory had us 5th in the league after 6 games, having scored 13 goals and conceded 10 when he walked out.

It's sometimes worth letting people try and finish the task they have begun before judging them as a whole.
BoB_On
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by BoB_On »

Just watched MOTD2 after watching the game live on the TV Sunday. We scored great goals, soft yellow for Nobes and as Noel said the Ref was particularly psychedelic. COYI!
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

I wasn't too sure of Sam's comments that in future he needs to tell his players to dive (go down) under contact.
Interesting stat that we've only had one penalty this season and that was for deliberate handball opposed to the spivs 9 penalties. In my view with summer world cups etc our game has never been so ****ed up and we always seem to be the team that gets it in the neck.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

The curbs v bfs debate is missing the point really that they both suffer from the same problem. They both lack ambition, being satisfied with mediocrity. Curbishley's attitude was summed up by his view that we didn't need to move to a bigger stadium, an extra few thousand seats at Upton Park would suffice. Much as I'd like to stay at Upton Park a larger stadium opens up a whole new world for the club.
On the actual topic of the match I have to agree that Mark Noble's sustitution (although wise) was the turning point. What puzzled me was that after several games starting Nolan, which is like playing with a man light in midfield, he doesn't bring him on for 20 mins when he would have been able to contribute something. Finally, the idea that no one ever challenges the established 'big clubs' is not true. Study the pre Abramovic record of Chelsea FC. Very similar to ours. One league title in 100 years, a couple of FA cup wins, and some minor european honours. Add several stints in the lower leagues and the picture is remarkably similar. Don't forget Man U didn't get near the league title for 20 odd years in the 70s and 80s.
Sorry about the length of the post, it' been a while!