West Ham Utd 0-1 Chelsea (14/03/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Chelsea: match thread

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Did anyone else notice John Terry rolling away from the penalty area after his collision with Sakho ?

What a Professional .
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

We gave it what we could, but they always had the edge.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Mourinho's a right c.unt.

We're the best at what we do are we. It's always a tough game here te way they put the ball into the box. The ref had a good game.

Piece of s.hit.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

Ref had a good game.....yeah, because he gave you everything as per usual Jose. Marriner loves him.
Gep

Post by Gep »

Had to miss this game due to the missus having an Op. Watched the hour highlights of it later on. Looked like a good game.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

jaybs wrote:We gave it what we could, but they always had the edge.
No they didn't ~ They would have had no excuses had we, as we should have, won it. I have been thinking, had Andy Carroll been playing, I think we would have won, That first half chance which Sakho messed up with his right foot, when perfectly placed, right in front of goal, was perfect and on a plate for a left footer and two of those second half headers, would have found the net had Carroll been on the end of the crosses
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Puff Daddy wrote:
No they didn't ~ They would have had no excuses had we, as we should have, won it. I have been thinking, had Andy Carroll been playing, I think we would have won, That first half chance which Sakho messed up with his right foot, when perfectly placed, right in front of goal, was perfect and on a plate for a left footer and two of those second half headers, would have found the net had Carroll been on the end of the crosses
You make a valid point and you would expect him to bury them, however Carroll seems to spend so much time not in the box who knows if he even would of been in the right positions.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

No they didn't ~ They would have had no excuses had we, as we should have, won it.
We had a couple of decent chances for sure, but let's be fair, they had some very very clear cut ones as well. It would be pushing it IMHO to say we deserved to win. A draw, yes
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

If we play like that against woolwich wanderers I think we'll get something. Collins didn't have a great game but he got chucked on at a difficult time. Nolan was immense yesterday and deserves to keep his place, let Song fight for it back. Everybody else played a blinder too, we just didn't get the rub of the green.
china hammer

Post by china hammer »

After a morning thinking about last nights game, I f**king hate John Terry!
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

And they have the audacity to claim the officials have an agenda against them?

Chelsea have benefited from suspicious/inconsistent decisions more than most – yet the ‘Spiteful One’ uses selective statistics and conveniently forgets the numerous times this has happened, preferring to claim they’ve been hard done by.

We’ve had more than our fair share of them this season yet I don’t recall anyone from the club claiming the ref’s are out to get us.

Its insufferable watching the media hanging off every word Jose says … despite his inaccuracies, he’s never questioned or pulled up over it. His claims are without any foundation or substance, quite frankly laughable that he gets away with such accusations.

If the boot was on the other foot last night, they would have been claiming an agenda

****ers football club with a vile human being as their manager.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Downing was mustard down the left in the second half. Left footed player out on the left wing swinging crosses in with his left foot. We might be on to something here.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Puff Daddy wrote:]We gave it what we could, but they always had the edge.

He's a great goal sniffer but for me the main concern with Sakho is that he appears to be too one footed.
Shanghai Hammer

Post by Shanghai Hammer »

china hammer wrote:After a morning thinking about last nights game, I f**king hate John Terry!
Most of us got to that point several years ago.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

If the injury time was accurately recorded in both halves i think we would have been there all night. Kurt Zouma took a good bloody 4 hours to limp off with a fake injury in the first half, Azpilcueta laid down injured for no reason after some West Ham pressure, Courtois was given all the time in the world by the referee and the subs were not hurried along at all when going off.

In fact Diego Costa was right by the touchline and still took a good 30-40 seconds to get off the pitch. Its really not hard for a referee to tell an athlete to jog off the pitch or they will be booked..... he had no backbone yesterday.

Its modern day football, but Chelsea are by far the most unprofessional team in the league. The two subs within 10 seconds in injury time was an absolute piss take, things like that need need to be addressed by the authorities. Managers should not be allowed to make a sub and then another one within seconds... its clever from Mourinho, he knows how to kill a game and that's exactly what he did.
vind

Post by vind »

All in all I was very proud of our performance. Disappointed to be 10th, hope we can climb back up the table.

At least we bounced back performance wise from Palarse. Onwards and upwards. Great atmosphere in Upper East Stand
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

What really killed our chances in the second half was Kouyate being clattered by Terry...we were really pushing for an equaliser up until then, and the 6 or so minute delay put paid to that...

If only he hadn't led with his face....Terry's a piece of work though, stepping across Kouyate and knowing exactly what was going to happen, what a ****
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

miles wrote:Downing was mustard down the left in the second half. Left footed player out on the left wing swinging crosses in with his left foot. We might be on to something here.
Yep, his best game this year for sure. Against perhaps the best right back in the league too
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Hazard, Terry, Mourinhno....they make it far too easy to dislike Chelsea.

Cracking game though.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Easy to say that but all strikers have off days, including Carroll. He may have scored them or he may have fluffed them all too. We'll never know.