Manchester City 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/04/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Re: Manchester City Vs West Ham United match thread

Post by smuts »

It all pales into insignificance when you think back to the horror inflicted on Silva yesterday.

I trust he made it through the night?

Seriously, I just read Hoddle and Quinn's comments on the front page of KUMB....what the f*** are they on?
bullyhammer

Post by bullyhammer »

Knighter10WHU wrote:[qte="wizzo_66"]

Downing has had a huge impact on our form. As has Allardyce not managing to motivate his players. The position of Valencia is one I am struggling with.

Thought he played well yesterday other than his usual lack of ball control.[/qte]

Agree with this, I thought Valencia and Jarvis were very good towards the end of the game yesterday, arguably Nolan as well. I'd be tempted to drop Downing in the next game, he has been far from his best for a long time and its about time we make the change, personally I would bring in Amalfitano, but wouldn't begrudge Allardyce bringing in Jarvis after yesterdays sub performance.
I also agree about dropping Downing, those few excellent performances made me think I'd been wrong about him all these years, but he's gone back to being mediocre at best; and he always looks like somebody shot his cat, keyed his motor, and slept with his girlfriend...
si_preston_hammer

Post by si_preston_hammer »

I like Amalfitano too and agree he should be give a run until the end of the season...

...however is he more likely to get booked or sent off than Downing?!!! :wink:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

The completists amongst us might be interested in this collection of snaps from the match yesterday.
Lilyhammer

Post by Lilyhammer »

It doesn't matter how many or who plays up front if we can't keep the ball for more than 5 passes, maybe playing 2up front and going " long ball" should of been the tactics yesterday, and if we are struggling for goals then what does Sheringham do all week at training, it looks like there is a huge divide in how we need to play, we clearly can't keep possession in the opponents to half to create chances!
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

btajim - mcfc wrote:
I'd agree with some of your comments about the atmosphere but we haven't had a great deal to get excited about this season.
:lol: Oh Jim.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I'm serious. We've dropped far too many points at home and have had a disappointing season in terms of retaining our title, the domestic cups (dumped out to Newcastle and Middlesbrough) and the Champions League too. I expected far, far more.

Regardless of previous success, we talk as rationally about Silva and Yaya Toure as we did Lee Bradbury and Gerry Creaney. Things aren't anywhere near as good at City as what we would've liked.