Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Re: Summer 2015 transfer thread

Post by Fishdo »

Taking into account Levy's usual SOPs...

I can see that the Adebayour deal was as good as done but Levy backtracked on the arrangement probably looking to up the wage split that was agreed, and on the basis he thought we would be desperate enough to give in...

He probably used the release the player threat and it back fired because Adebayour was likely advised if he was released he would likely not get a work permit and only a loan deal would see him be able to play at any other club...

And once that threat was made and we didn't flinch it left Levy having to pay out Adebayours full contract value as he wouldn't be able to go to any other club because of permit risk and even if he did get it... It would likely be under appeal and with considerable expense.... And likely be after the squad naming cut off....

So I wouldn't blame the player for wanting the full whack... Given the risks

But regardless the only thing that matters is Levy didn't get his way and he's paying the price for being a total twat... ;)
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

thank f*** this is all over!!! :lol: it was like a long, long hard ardeous shag with someone you've been with too long..only for the orgasm to arrive just as you are about to pull out and just make yourself a cuppa..makes me overthink my current relationship to be honest.
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

Hugely positive window in so many ways. I think the board have judged it right and have responded to the manager. Thanks the those with snippets of information for their insight and for being prepared to ride some of the abuse

Cannot wait for the season to really get going now. :crest:
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

Tremendous transfer window.
This entire thread should be printed off and sold as a book.....

:scarfer:
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

claretcloggy wrote:thank **** this is all over!!! :lol: it was like a long, long hard ardeous shag with someone you've been with too long..only for the orgasm to arrive just as you are about to pull out and just make yourself a cuppa..makes me overthink my current relationship to be honest.
Poetry!
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Sorry to move away from the euphoria (which I share of course) over our great window for a moment, but I just can't understand why so many clubs leave important business right to the end off the window when it all kicks off all of a sudden.

I can see that some like Levy use it to try to drive down prices when a seller gets desperate, as in the Berahino case. But, in loads of other cases, there just seems no obvious reason for the delay, especially when everyone then moans about the disruption to squads because of the window shutting after the start of the season. A lot of it seems self-inflicted to me.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2639 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

My thanks must go to Jinxed and Xdoyley for providing us with information before anyone else knew about it , very much appreciated , Guys - Kumb is truly the best site for this type of thing , nowhere comes near .

After all the worry and bickering that went before , our Owners came through for us , we are in good hands and I truly feel that this Season could be something special , we now have the players required in all areas and when Andy Carroll , Mauro Zarate and Enner Valencia return our firepower will be given a huge boost .

To quote Trap -

Exciting Times , Gentlemen !!
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

So the window has closed and the club delivered. An excellent few months where the club has strengthened, spent wisely and continued to build a solid base before we move up a level, financially.

We were also averaging two a game before adding the fire power!!!

This window proves that judgement on the owners performance must be made at the appropriate time.
KernowHammer8
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by KernowHammer8 »

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/09/02/ ... an/234151/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like Zaza was someone Bilic really wanted but couldn't quite convince him.
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

Trap1 wrote:So the window has closed and the club delivered. An excellent few months where the club has strengthened, spent wisely and continued to build a solid base before we move up a level, financially.

We were also averaging two a game before adding the fire power!!!

This window proves that judgement on the owners performance must be made at the appropriate time.
Whilst I agree with you, i personally think the investment was a bit late. Had we had the strength in depth we have now before we played Astra we probably wouldn't of crashed out so shamefully.

Harsh criticism maybe howrver all in all I am extremely pleased with the players we brought in, looking forward to the remainder of this season

:crest:
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Overall - Pleased with where we've ended up. Solid 7/10

My rating would have improved less by different players than it would by timings. In particular the exit from Europe may hurt more as time goes by. Also have a slight concern that with the loans for Jenks and Moses in particular we have kicked the can down the road and added to the difficulty and cost of future windows. Hoping that we have Song and Lanzini options to make perm nailed on should we want to though. Was the flurry at the end the intention all along? Not so sure ...... but came through in the end (what's the betting that the Sullivan's read this very forum as a temperature check of fans views?)

Massive 10/10 on our ITK's though. Thanks guys - both on my behalf but also (more importantly for me) my two boys aged ten and eleven who spent most days playing out skills and enacting Cup winning goals in their West Ham kits in the garden fuelled by hopes and dreams of various players joining us and being 'the one' that becomes their new hero. :thup:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Trap1 wrote:This window proves that judgement on the owners performance must be made at the appropriate time.
We've dropped 6 points already .

How would you feel if we finished 5 behind Manchester City come the middle of May .
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2639 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

the pink palermo wrote:
How would you feel if we finished 5 behind Manchester City come the middle of May .

I suppose we'd feel very happy as we would have qualified for a Champions League spot . :)
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

WHUJohn

Post by WHUJohn »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:My thanks must go to Jinxed and Xdoyley for providing us with information before anyone else knew about it , , !!
What a completely **** life we must all lead if this is even remotely close to what's important in it.. :D
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:You always feel you've had a decent transfer window, when you're disappointed it's an international break and you have to wait 2 weeks to see them. :)
Agree, it's like being told when you're a kid at Xmas that you won't be opening the presents until Auntie Dot and her lot get here at lunchtime.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

While I dont necessarily agree with how they handled things at times, I think the board have done an excellent job. It is not easy when you are faced with an ageing squad with players who are not up to the job any more, almost no ability to raise any money through sales of players who aren't in the picture any more and a finite amount of money. They have signed a top playmaker in Payet, a centre back with a higher pedigree than anyone we have had at the club since Bilic himself was lining up alongside Rio, and have brought in genuine pace and power in Moses and Antonio. They have upgraded at reserve striker, and have added a Carrick type defensive midfielder in Obiang, retained Song and Jenkinson and brought in young promising players in Lanzini and Samuelsen. The squad is more balanced, younger and with a lot more pace than it has been in years. If and when Carroll, Song and Valencia are all fit we will genuinely be struggling to keep all the quality players happy. There will be genuine competition for places. It is a far cry from having to field a team of youth players and rejects in Romania. This is the best and most complete squad we have had in at least 15 years. The only things to do next year are to find a permanent right back (or possibly 2) and to sign Moses, Lanzini and a Song permanently if they impress.
I am genuinely looking forward to the rest of the season with confidence and expectation.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

The biggest risk we faced was the lack of ability to score goals. Moses, Antonio and Carroll will be key to our season. If all three stay fit and score we might have a great season. Winning a cup would be entirely possible ( with a bit of luck))
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 422 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

WestHamIFC wrote:Sow turned us down?:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/09/02/ ... ve/234157/

:think:
No income tax in UAE, so he'll be trousering a lot more lolly than he would in the UK.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

claretcloggy wrote:thank **** this is all over!!! it was like a long, long hard ardeous shag with someone you've been with too long..only for the orgasm to arrive just as you are about to pull out and just make yourself a cuppa..makes me overthink my current relationship to be honest.
You can always bring someone in on loan :thup: