Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Re: Summer 2015 transfer thread

Post by -DL- »

Too many people are leaving Carroll out of the team. I think because of his extended absence a lot of people are forgetting just how good he is.

I think if he gets an decent run in the side without the ball being constantly launched at his bonce, a lot of us will be pleasantly surprised.

I've ben banging this drum since he arrived. He really is very good with the ball at his feet and has a wicked left foot.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

-DL- wrote:Too many people are leaving Carroll out of the team. I think because of his extended absence a lot of people are forgetting just how good he is.

I think if he gets an decent run in the side without the ball being constantly launched at his bonce, a lot of us will be pleasantly surprised.

I've ben banging this drum since he arrived. He really is very good with the ball at his feet and has a wicked left foot.
I agree wholeheartedly, if he can stay fit ( big if ) with the quality he now has playing around him I think he could finally deliver what we know he is capable of.
Last edited by ageing hammer on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Agreed. Our hideous end to last season coincided with his absence I think.

Also a valuable defender at set pieces. What Andy needs to do is contain his courage. He goes for every ball...even the impossible sometimes.

Brian Robson suffered many injuries and was equally fearless.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

ageing hammer wrote: I agree wholeheartedly, if he can stay fit ( big if ) with the quality we now has playing around him I think he could finally deliver what we know he is capable of.
Likewise! With the other options there's no need to overplay him in games either.
Fingers crossed for the lad.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

the pink palermo wrote:
How would you feel if we finished 5 behind Manchester City come the middle of May .
fuc*ing stunned.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

-DL- wrote:Too many people are leaving Carroll out of the team. I think because of his extended absence a lot of people are forgetting just how good he is.

How can you base your plans on someone who is rarely if ever fit? The few games he does play he is usually finding his way back to fitness.

On that basis alone it is sensible to plan for a team that doesn't involve him.

There is also the issue of whether he fits with the way Bilic wants to play. I cant see him being mobile enough to lead the line alone for us in the away games. So id think he will be used more at home to provide variety in our attack. But he may not be first one the team sheet even at home. To be fair, that may help manage his fitness.

I'm not so sure about good with the ball at his feet. Or course if you compare his control with Valencia.... What he will be able to do is receive the ball in to his feet and hold a defender off. If we can get men making runs past him we could get a lot of joy from that.

Put it this way. If he were for sale now, no way would we be in the market for him. And if we could recoup what we paid we'd do so. But as things are, I'm sure Bilic will look to make best use of him.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

the pink palermo wrote:We've dropped 6 points already .

How would you feel if we finished 5 behind Manchester City come the middle of May .
You keep banging this drum. How many points did you expect after the first four games?

My answer to your question would be, delighted and ****ing amazed, especialy if they were Champions
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Just read this
Arsenal fans planned to protest on Wednesday evening outside Emirates over lack of action in the transfer window but no one turned up .
Also Arsenal made a deadline attempt to sign Simone Zaza
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

the pink palermo wrote:We've dropped 6 points already .

If they are sitting 18th in the table ...........not so good

If they are top ..............wow great
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

So a big thank you to everyone for their (sensible) contributions to this year's thread ... and on that note, it's to the Hall of Fame we go.