Transfer Window: January 2016

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

DDHammer

Transfer Window: January 2016

Post by DDHammer »

I know it might be a little early, but apparently we were on the official scout list at the Porto game last night alongside Arsenal, Man U, Man City, Liverpool and Juventus.

Any ideas on who we would have been watching? I'd hazard a guess at Martins-Indi, Brahimi or Ruben Neves who became the youngest ever captain in the Champions League.
Fionn

Re: January 2016 Transfer Rumours

Post by Fionn »

It's October....
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

This could eventually prove to be the most futile thread ever - I doubt anything's going to happen in January short a long-term injury to someone crucial like Adrian or Cresswell.

From this vantage point, it's only the two fullback spots that potentially may have any need of reinforcing before the summer.
AmzP
Total likes: 1 like

Post by AmzP »

The only concern I had when summer transfer window ended was the rb spot as we had no cover for jenkinson but Tomkins has been doing a great job there when called upon. Barring any serious injury crisis for the first time in a transfer window for as long as I can remember I don't think anything would need doing. May be a good time to scout for young prospects and sign them up but certainly nothing for the first team squad.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

I'm not suggesting this should be a proper transfer "wish list" thread, I wanted to post the info that we had scouts at the game and couldn't find an appropriate thread for this sort of thing. Perhaps the title needs changing.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

I actually think that with over 2 months gone in the season its not entirely too early to start thinking about transfers. But the discussion will be tempered by the fact that we are doing well, our squad is fairly well stocked, and the general consensus is that the season has gone well so far.

I also think there has been a change in mentality in relation to some of the areas that we may have wanted to upgrade on previously. For example, between some of the league and international performances of Darren Randolph, I don't believe many are going to be clambering for us to sign a new back-up keeper. Equally, Carl Jenkinson appears to have upped his game considerably in the past weeks, and he seems to have re-settled. We have also seen that Lanzini has plenty to offer, and that he is at least an easy starter each week. The summer signings have generally done well.

Also, I think we need to see what a fully fit Carroll, and a returned Valencia and Song can do in this current set-up. All three have played a fairly limited role so far, and will be a major asset on their return.

As such, right now, there is very little I feel is necessary to improve the squad, and all players are highly worthy of their place. However, that could change between now and January.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

January?? Let's get the Easter egg displays out in the shops as well!
Yabish
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Yabish »

Don't wish your life away, savour this moment we can enjoy January rumours then, obviously unless anything concrete happens before then, otherwise lets just enjoy now.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

We don't need anyone.
only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by only1post »

signing dates:
Obiang 9/6/15
Payet 26/6/15
Randolph 1/7/15
Jenkinson 13/7/15
Lanzini 21/7/15

Ok we had Europe to contend with but all these important signings were made at least three weeks before our first Premiership game against Arsenal(Obiang 2 months). So if we are looking at new players I would suggest the ground work has already started.
We are looking ok at the moment but after jettisoning Morgan we have 1 space available.
If a player is available to improve the team lets get them in ready for 2/1/16 to ensure we take maximum points from Liverpool this season. When was the last time we did that?
Last edited by only1post on Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

In fairness to the OP, newspaper stories are starting to crop up again and we have a couple of players out of contract in summer 2016 - Joey O'Brien and James Collins.

That's in addition to several loans at ours, and a batch of our players figuring highly in statistical ratings - Payet, Kouyate, Lanzini and Reid most notably - so almost sure to attract attention.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Don't shoot the messenger but there's this website called "KUMB" (apparently an abbreviation of "Knees Up Mother Brown") that today published a story strongly linking us to Pione Sisto.

No idea how reliable the site is though..

"Hammers not giving up on Pione Sisto"

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=3653
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Ibrahimovic, six month loan with a view to buy in the summer... you heard it here first!
Puncher12
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by Puncher12 »

Didn't David Gold come out and say that we physically can't buy anyone in January unless we're sell first?
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Well I for one would like a thread to keep up with and discuss the rumours doing the rounds.

With regards to Porto I reckon Aboubaker or Brahimi.
Hayden
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Puncher12 wrote:Didn't David Gold come out and say that we physically can't buy anyone in January unless we're sell first?
Qualifications like that will depend purely on FFP. Now that Morgan has gone and wages have freed up, we'd be able to buy
SammyTheHammer
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by SammyTheHammer »

I am all for a transfer thread.., There are inevitably going to be rumors flying around about West ham transfer business, and many of us enjoy following. Undoubtedly, we've already put in the pre-work for any targets we are after.. Although I find it hard to believe that we spend money in January.

Despite our hot start, we would still be fighting above our weight if we are vying for a Europe spot...In that case it wouldn't hurt to bring in 1-2 high quality reinforcements with squad players going out the other way -- don't forget about Morgan leaving.

That said, I do think we have the strongest squad that I can remember us ever having, so I won't be upset with standing pat...
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Payet to Spurs I heard.
sutts07
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

AC to Sunderland making way for Zlatan! :wink:
Out of contract in June and coming to London!
New investors want Europe!
Last edited by sutts07 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Only full game I've seen him in was Southampton's Europa league tie, but Sisto certainly seems like a baller.

I felt like applauding his highlights reel when it was doing the rounds a few months back, some pretty outrageous stuff on there.