Transfer Window: January 2016

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Re: January 2016 Transfer Rumours

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Hugh cringe Southern is claiming that jinxed
http://www.claretandhugh.info/contract- ... k-up-bill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

bristolhammerfc wrote:Hugh cringe Southern is jinxed
Revealed!

Do you also happen to know who The Stig is?
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

http://www.westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=433511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to this VitalFootball (yeah, I know) article, we have named a 24 man squad. This leaves one space open for a free transfer signing, should we so require.

The interesting part is that we have named Emmanuel Onariase in the development squad, who rather surprisingly joined Brentford 5 days ago shortly after signing a professional contract with the club.

Something afoot or a simple error from an unreliable site? :?
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Maybe this is something that should be saved for the summer thread. If during the summer window we want to move the squad onward, some are going to have to be released, but who. if we are looking to bring in three or four to allow to move on who do we have to get shot of.

Do we get rid rid of the youngsters Burke, Oxford, Cullen and Samuelson with the inherent need for English or home grown players ion the 25 man squad. Or do we look to upgrade on Sakho. Valencia, Tomkins, Noble these are just names I picked out of the air, but if we are going to recruit better players who is going to go?
Excuse me??? I hope you're talking about loaning them out, not releasing/selling our most promising youngsters for an age when they're still barely out of shorts

Also, I think that youth players under a certain age don't contribute to our 25?
Last edited by steveyrockstar on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
To be fair, it's only Sullivan who keeps talking about Austin.
Actually I've spent the last 2 weeks going: "ffaaaaahhhhhhhhhhcccccccccccckkkkkkkkk...charlie austin for 4m??? fffffaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhccccccckkkkkkkkkk...." :shock:
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

bristolhammerfc wrote:Hugh cringe Southern is jinxed
At least we now know that he isn't. There's no way a mod would get away with outing an ITK
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

I was responding to Jinxed question regarding who was claiming the club was still paying Jenkinson not revealing his identity. I missed a comma
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

Went to the fans forum tonight. David Gold was talking about the Jenkinson deal. He stated that we are liable for the wages and the loan fee up until the end of the original contract. We tore up the contract with agreement from Arsenal so it freed up a loan space, that we ended up not using. There was no financial benefit in doing so.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

I imagine that's necessary due to the Premier League's sustainable wages rules. Jenks' wages could theoretically take Arsenal over their limit.
Imagine if all Chelsea's loaned players got returned - quite a significant combined wage.

It also might be to our benefit to keep paying his wages too - doesn't the ruling allow incremental season by season increases in budget? Therefore, would not spending our full budget this season mean we have a lower maximum budget next season, whereas slightly overspending (within the allowed limit) would allow us to increase our budget further next season?

I might have this all wrong though!
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

We get an additional £4m allowance per season. To further increase that we need to make revenue increases. Sponsorship and TV will be well up next season, so we will have much room for movement if we desire.
Exiledin cardiff
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

I'm not advocating we ship out any of the youngsters, but to improve the squad we need to free up space, yes at the end of the season Moses will be gone possibly Song and Jelavic goes soon .
Now ask yourself of the remaining squad members would we look to upgrade on.

It's a hard ask because we all have our favourites and at times the C&B specs become almost welded to the face. But if we are to become a regular top 6 side hard decisions have to be made and sentiment should not play any part in it.

As I said before maybe this is something for the summer transfer thread.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

List the squad minus all the loans, soon to be solds and out of contracts.

There are at least half a dozen gaps, and that's with counting Henry and Hendrie as first team squad players.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I don't understand why people are saying Song could be on his way out in the summer. Bilic is pretty much building a midfield around him as a deep-lying playmaker. I'll be stunned if he goes anywhere.
Prob wrote:G&S are making themselves look like idiots again over Austin
Are they? I think Sullys got a point - if he'd known they could spend £4 million and get Austin, he'd have been worth a shot. £10 million plus - not worth a risk. We already have one £10 million plus striker who gets injured every three months, so do we want to risk having another? I'd agree with him on the cost - there was no way we should have paid what QPR were asking in the summer.

And, of course, whilst not necessarily knee related Austin had a knock in training and didn't play midweek. If that was Carroll we'd all be bitching and moaning about how he can't stay fit for five minutes.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

My theory that McLaren will still manage to take Newcastle down despite being the biggest spenders in Europe, ending his top flight managing career forever, is looking pretty good after last night.

And they may have Mbemba and Dummett out injured now, with Lascelles suspended. The defenders they have even when all available are gash, so if they have a run of games without their first choices, it could be ugly for them.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Amazing that they have one of the worst defences in the league and decided to do nothing about it.
american 'ammer

Post by american 'ammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:Amazing that they have one of the worst defences in the league and decided to do nothing about it.
They should have brought Sam back. I'm kind of not kidding about that.

And I've said for a while that any club that has Coloccini as a central defender - and captain! - is going to be ****. The bloke has one good game out of every ten. The one against us was such a game, unfortunately.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

YorksHammer wrote:I don't understand why people are saying Song could be on his way out in the summer. Bilic is pretty much building a midfield around him as a deep-lying playmaker. I'll be stunned if he goes anywhere.
The factor people don't take into account with Song, but that the chairmen certainly will, is the fact he'll be on a free transfer. Just think about the type of fees being thrown around in the past month and figure what it would cost to replace him. Picking up another long-term injury would be a different matter of course...
the bubble hammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

So looks like Burak Yilmaz is off to Join the Chinese revolution. 8m, the locals ain't happy now they can't sign a replacement apparently
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Bang on the money with both points. Allardyce would have sorted them out as he was on the way of doing and Coloccini is a shocking defender, who does eventually have one good game once in a blue moon. He'd drive my insane if we had to watch him week in week out.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Incomplete quotes removed.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Aceface wrote:The factor people don't take into account with Song, but that the chairmen certainly will, is the fact he'll be on a free transfer. Just think about the type of fees being thrown around in the past month and figure what it would cost to replace him. Picking up another long-term injury would be a different matter of course...
Unfortunately, he'll also be a free transfer for anyone else wanting to chuck a huge signing on fee and wages at him.

Maybe he'll show some loyalty to us for the past two seasons, or maybe he'll reason that we had our chance to sign him last summer.
I would be worried he'll be off like his mate, Diarra.