Close to a Full House?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Re: Close to a Full House?

Post by bengeo »

Broomfield Hammer wrote:Nothing's been announced yet as far as I know, but don't be surprised if they introduce a policy for match days requiring you to validate your parking token during the match, or pay a significantly higher fee.
The reservation centre have been telling people that extra parking is being added and there will be a £5 charge on match days. Getting out of there at full time will be interesting .....
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

Broomfield Hammer wrote: Nothing's been announced yet as far as I know, but don't be surprised if they introduce a policy for match days requiring you to validate your parking token during the match, or pay a significantly higher fee.
'She who must be obeyed' dragged me to Westfield last Saturday for some severe open wallet surgery. We must have been in there for about two hours and the parking cost me £8.70! :shock:
vind

Post by vind »

I got my season ticket yesterday due to a lot of feet dragging on my part and thinking that I could still get tickets if I was a member. Didn't look like there were too many seats available, just two individual sections. I had to have a Band D ticket whereas this season I have a Band B
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

Sullivan told the Mail this:
'We’re sold out at 54,000, which is the current capacity. We will increase it to 60,000 for the start of next season, subject to planning. And the year after, we might go to 66,000. Football is about taking your chances and this is a chance.'
If true, that's amazing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z43a4IaqNE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Modern
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Modern »

Just read that and have to say I was suprised by that too, is he really saying next season the OS will be at 60K?

I don't begrudge West Ham getting the OS at all but I must confess I felt a little sad realising you will have 60k just like that and then maybe 66k as well.

When you think Spurs are spending 750m and having to spend a year away just to get to 61k.
gavros

Post by gavros »

No great surprise when the marginal cost of using those seats is virtually zero.

It's essentially the business model of the German teams post 2006, "stack em high and sell them cheap" as the founder of Tesco put it. Spurs meanwhile will push the higher price, higher quality product. It'll be interesting to see how both business models pan out, though I expect both will be a massive positive on the statis quo.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

Does anyone have any non West Ham supporting mates/colleagues/neighbours who are buying a season ticket?

I work in a shared office place in the City and was just earwigging a bloke from another company while I was making a cup of tea who said he'd bought three! Pretty concerning, as I'd seen him with a Jürgen Klopp scarf draped over his seat a few months back.

He actually said "Well, it's only 10 minutes walk from my house. You get to 6 games and you've made you're money back. I hope they get Champions League!"

I made this face :( as I stirred my brew. I'm hoping he was talking out of his arse, but said he wandered into the Appointment Centre and bought them.
Dr_Dan

Post by Dr_Dan »

I work in a school, and know at least 10 kids who have a got a season ticket with their dad, who both are not West Ham fans, but are going to see premier league football.
DD
Has liked: 1 like

Post by DD »

I got in a conversation with a work colleague who said that he had bought two. When I said that I didn't realise he was WHU, he remarked that he was actually a Gooner and so was his son. Then he expressed concern that the atmosphere may suffer with other fans in the stadium. He couldn't see the irony!

I guess this is why the club are making sure the next lot of Band %s commit for two seasons

Just hope examples like the above are very much in the minority!
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

My boss is a Wolves fan and his wife is Ipswich and both don't go to games, but they're waiting for their appointment. They couldn't resist a cheap day out!

Stack em high sell em cheap....to any old "customer".
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Not sure what the club can feasibly do to prevent non-West Ham fans getting season tickets?? :think:

Hopefully after current STHs theyat least gave priority to existing members.

I suppose at least if the non-fans are taking their children then the kids might become converts longer term!
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

I met 2 Man Utd season ticket holders from Chingford that have both got season tickets for the OS. Fed up with the commute to home games, being forced to pay for every cup match whether they wanted to go or not, never being able to get an away ticket - and some poor football this season. They'd been to the rugby and liked the view and experience, think Bilic's playing some decent football, they get to see every PL team and home by 6:00.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

WestHamIFC wrote:Not sure what the club can feasibly do to prevent non-West Ham fans getting season tickets?? :think:
I think you should have to provide photographic evidence of you having witnessed us, in person, lose by at least a 3 goal margin in the last 20 years.
Made In Leyton 1974
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Made In Leyton 1974 »

As a lifelong hammer and season ticket holder, I'm gutted to hear about all these non-WHU fans able to purchase a season ticket! How can this even happen? (obviously a rhetorical question, as Gold & Sullivan have proven to be only interested in bums on seats)
I really don't want West Ham to become another plastic club, that most definitely IS NOT the West Ham way! :x
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Made In Leyton 1974 wrote:How can this even happen? (obviously a rhetorical question, as Gold & Sullivan have proven to be only interested in bums on seats
Not sure what you mean? It could happen anywhere. As far as I'm aware there's nothing to stop you, for example, buying a Season Ticket at Leyton Orient, Manchester Utd, Barcelona, Accrington Stanley or anywhere else!!

What exactly do you expect Gold & Sullivan to do about it?? :eh:
Made In Leyton 1974
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Made In Leyton 1974 »

Yeah fair point I hear what you're saying, just thought the club could maybe prioritise fans with a purchase history (ie. Client reference number) - would that not filter out the non-WHU fans?
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Rocketron »

I was under the impression that only STHs and those on the Waiting List have been offered tickets.
It can only be that these people are the "plus2's" of existing STHs.
Shirley ?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

To get on the priority list (or be a +2) you only needed £££ not booking history...
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Made In Leyton 1974 wrote:Yeah fair point I hear what you're saying, just thought the club could maybe prioritise fans with a purchase history (ie. Client reference number) - would that not filter out the non-WHU fans?
I still get Fulham FC promotional emails from when I bought plenty of tickets in the "neutral end" for WHUFC games at Craven Cottage in the past. WestHamIFC is correct, its not something that can be legislated for.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

hadleighhammer wrote:My boss is a Wolves fan and his wife is Ipswich and both don't go to games, but they're waiting for their appointment. They couldn't resist a cheap day out!

Stack em high sell em cheap....to any old "customer".

" I do the big games, but not Stoke and the like, it's only £15 if I don't go"

Bloke down the pub talking about his £289 ticket