Collins in Welsh squad

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MrTwoIrons

Re: Collins in Welsh squad

Post by MrTwoIrons »

No surprise really...

Collins has been in the Wales squad since 2004, lets hope he doesn't ruin it like he did in 2012 against Belgium, I still remember that 2 footer against Gillet.
Jim Aldgate
Has liked: 20 likes

Post by Jim Aldgate »

seems to be enjoying himself ....

southbrishammer
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

If he doesn't actually play in the Euros at all, will he still get extra time off before the start of the new season?
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Jim Aldgate wrote:seems to be enjoying himself ....

Why wouldn't he? A team of overly entitled, arrogant, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, City and MU players got what was coming to them.
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

southbrishammer wrote:If he doesn't actually play in the Euros at all, will he still get extra time off before the start of the new season?
Yes he will still be training and keeping fit, actually playing doesn't make much difference to that.
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

WCpete wrote: Why wouldn't he? A team of overly entitled, arrogant, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, City and MU players got what was coming to them.
I find it extremely distasteful as I would if England celebrated in that manner for Wales or anyone else losing.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

There's nothing distasteful about celebrating your rival's elimination. You might have an argument with it being disrespectful by posting the video in the public domain. But celebrating? No chance.
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

WCpete wrote:There's nothing distasteful about celebrating your rival's elimination. You might have an argument with it being disrespectful by posting the video in the public domain. But celebrating? No chance.
The rival point is what many will have problems with. Many England fans will support England and want the home nations to do well. The Welsh players have shown that is clearly not returned. Happy to play with English team mates, be supported by English fans at club level and take their pay cheques from the English league yet still so happy when England fail.

Wanting to beat England and celebrating when they are knocked out, especially when they were unlikely to meet again in the tournament, are very different.

I wonder what their English captain made of it.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Iron Mark wrote:The rival point is what many will have problems with. Many England fans will support England and want the home nations to do well. The Welsh players have shown that is clearly not returned.
so?

Iron Mark wrote:Happy to play with English team mates, be supported by English fans at club level and take their pay cheques from the English league yet still so happy when England fail.
yep, they should be eternally grateful to mother england and humbly worship the ground where rooney walks. ffs!
Iron Mark

Post by Iron Mark »

Some people like to be friends with their neighbours, but I guess the world is a better place if we just hate everyone instead.
Iron Mark

Post by Iron Mark »

warp wrote: yep, they should be eternally grateful to mother england and humbly worship the ground where rooney walks. ffs!
Or show a small amount of respect maybe?
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

The Welsh, Scots and Irish will always celebrate when we lose, because we conquered them.
Nothing new to see here. :wink:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Probably not wise to post online, but that's footballers

I have supported Wales throughout (other than the England game) but I will be a bit meh
XIRONSX

Post by XIRONSX »

It is something as English people we'll never understand.
The disdain for the English is instilled in them from an early age as it's good for the lower classes to be the victim of some kind of oppression - even one that hasn't existed for hundreds of years.

You could try and debate with them their merits of blindly detesting an entire nation or the historical inaccuracies of Braveheart but as a wiser man than me once said, you can't argue with stupidity as they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Or maybe they were celebrating because they fancy themselves against Iceland over England?
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I think the whole World celebrated last night, even some English people were laughing and enjoying it, the bunch of arrogant mugs got what was coming to them. I live and work in England but celebrated as I'm Welsh and have taken a dislike to the England set up, should I not be paid by my English employers for celebrating an England defeat?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Their celebrations were disproportionate and put on in my opinion.

I don't believe that was genuine at all. They couldn't celebrate more vigorously if they'd won the tournament themselves.

Quite sad really but if that's how they're generating team spirit and camaraderie then I guess it's understandable.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Not sure what they're jumping about for - they lost their Cup Final.
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

Their greatest team in their history, one of the very worst in ours.

Still beat them when we played, and despite that they have gone further in the competition than us and are still in with a shot at winning the lot, yet will always have that chip on their shoulders about the English.

I quite enjoyed it, shows them up for the small-time principality that they really are
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

We are not privy to what is said between English and Welsh players in private - I can only presume that some of the Welsh Premiership players were goaded by their English counterparts after the defeat in the Group Stage and the Welsh reacted to that ? Just guessing here .
Personally as a Welshman with an English wife I was disappointed and embarrassed by the reaction of the Welsh players to the English defeat , it was classless as some of you on here have already said .

I fully understand if some on here react in the same way as the Scots do whenever England play which in its own way is classless .