ITV v BBC

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Re: ITV v BBC

Post by RichieRiv »

Slav is the only thing that makes ITV bearable. But the ads, the competitions etc makes the BBC slightly better.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Linekar, shearer, savage, murphy, kevin ****ing kilbane. The BBC are awful, same tired format and idiot pundits offing the same drivel. ITV are smashing them out of the park.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

No adverts makes BBC the winner.
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

There never seems any chemistry between the beebs pundits.

Linear asks Thierry a question, straight answer back, moves on to shearer, direct answer back. It's boring as f*ck
RichieRiv

Post by RichieRiv »

sendô wrote:Linekar, shearer, savage, murphy, kevin ****ing kilbane. The BBC are awful, same tired format and idiot pundits offing the same drivel. ITV are smashing them out of the park.
But they do have Rio, Murphy, Vialli, Hartson and Keown (I quite like primate despite being a goon).
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

I do wish the BBC would stop saying "you can listen to England v Slovakia on Radio 5" etc when everyone knows it is on ITV.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

sendô wrote:Linekar, shearer, savage, murphy, kevin ****ing kilbane. The BBC are awful, same tired format and idiot pundits offing the same drivel. ITV are smashing them out of the park.
...not forgetting Lawro of course .....
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Danny murphy is **** too. He just seems to moan, and generally sounds like everything irritates him.
RichieRiv

Post by RichieRiv »

Maybe he reads your posts :thup:
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

sendô wrote:Danny murphy is **** too. He just seems to moan, and generally sounds like everything irritates him.
Reckon he talks as much sense as any of them, admittedly thats not saying much (apart from the genius that is Slaven).
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

I like Slav but Clive Tyldesley genuinley ruins games for me, especially England ones. Ian Wrights annoying as well, not because of anything he says really but just his insistence on say "yep, mm hmm, exactly, agree etc" when another pundits talking.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Bend it like Repka wrote:England's record or defeats and bad performances on itv is more than enough reason to give all games to the bbc.
Told you, they are a curse. So next game on BBC we will win and then out at the quarters when on ITV
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Just heard the ITN journalist describe Rooney as England's 'talisman' twice in the pace of about third seconds. I'm going to look the word up because it's evidently changed its meaning.

Earlier the ITV commentator said after about an hour of the game something along the lines of "surely England won't have to wait until late in the game again" just as I was thinking that I'd happily take a wickedly deflected goal off the referee's jacksie because it just wasn't happening for us tonight.

Not claret and blue glasses but Bilic is head and shoulders above any other pundit when it comes to insight, observation, humour and eloquence. But even he can't save ITV from its usual overall direness.
hammerich

Post by hammerich »

At least ITV have my wa@kdream on their books, they said nothing about the truth, that is we did not score against a team we were odds on to beat. We have only done it once with seconds to play in three games, no wonder why you don't see poor bookies. Three times we should have won by five lengths and we have scraped one result. If you can't fu@king score you don't win. There is a void that needs filling. ***** conversion to shots attempted to scored simple. About 63:3 even I would score more than that.
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 99 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

It's all a bit complacent and self satisfied on the Beeb, as it has been for a while, although the commentators are better and no ads.

Agree about Pougatch, very good at his job, always has been.
Also on ITV, I love the music and retro poster opening credits, very stylish.
aitchayell
Total likes: 1 like

Post by aitchayell »

Can't believe no one has mentioned Glenn spinning a pass, pinching a pocket, keep calm, lost his concentration there, at this moment in time, that was good defensive play it really was Hoddle. He alone singlehandedly makes ITV unwatchable.
polar
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by polar »

Hoddle - oh god no. I must be being punished for sins in a former life having to listen to him.
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

aitchayell wrote:Can't believe no one has mentioned Glenn spinning a pass, pinching a pocket, keep calm, lost his concentration there, at this moment in time, that was good defensive play it really was Hoddle. He alone singlehandedly makes ITV unwatchable.
He also seems to encourage diving...a few times he's said "we'll played" when a player has gone down easily or "he should have gone down" when a player has been challenged.
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Loves a Spurs player does Glenda.

Dier's punt upfield = Exceptional skill.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Has there ever been a co commentator who adds so little insight as Hoddle? Talk about stating the obvious. For someone which such acclaimed coaching skills, it's a puzzle.

Bilic is probably wasted in the studio....his views during a game would be interesting. Would need someone hovering over the mute button though.

As for the Beeb, I agree Shearer adds no value. I've always like Murphy though.