Wales vs Portugal Euro 2016 Semi Final .

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Re: Wales vs Portugal Euro 2016 Semi Final .

Post by the pink palermo »

On the plus side I am guaranteed to win at least £50 in the office sweepstake . :raver:
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2639 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

RichieRiv wrote:At least Wales went for it despite being two nil down And as you say OMOS they did a damn sight better than those England donkey's

England won't be poor for long , Richie , they have the infrastructure and the players to improve in leaps and bounds - Wales need to borrow another England ' reject ' or two and they will also improve - let's face it the quality of Wales' squad falls well below England's - but with having less players to choose from we get continuity , the Welsh players have been together for a while now and there's not so much change within the Squad so everyone knows how each other game .
9 times out of 10 England would beat Wales , when they gain the team spirit of the Welsh they will be up there with the best .
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Well done Wales, you did your nation proud, it has been an incredible journey for your team and you will have great memories to look back on. :)
The Old Man of Storr

ageing hammer wrote:Well done Wales, you did your nation proud, it has been an incredible journey for your team and you will have great memories to look back on.
I recorded each game Wales took part in so I can re-live Euro 2016 any time I want . :)
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

I'm glad the Welsh are out. For reasons that I've previously stated. For the record, I reckon they were well beaten by a much a better side. Can't see where this 'Portugal were lucky' nonsense is coming from. Oh yes it's coming from ...Wales ! :D
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I apologise to my Welsh hammers, first time I wanted you to win and you lost, I am a bad apple, so again, apologies...

Thought Coleman got it all wrong last night (for the first time in the tournament), Portugal were there for the taking, and he did not send you out positively enough to win. Portugal are not that good, France or Germany to beat them comfortably in the final me thinks.
The Old Man of Storr

BondsoBob wrote:I'm glad the Welsh are out. For reasons that I've previously stated. For the record, I reckon they were well beaten by a much a better side. Can't see where this 'Portugal were lucky' nonsense is coming from. Oh yes it's coming from ...Wales ! :D
Would you rather we all hated each other or would you rather we built bridges to bring all fans of our individual countries together ?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

the pink palermo wrote:On the plus side I am guaranteed to win at least £50 in the office sweepstake .
Like me in 2006 when I drew Italy :scarfer:
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

The difference between the Wales side of Wednesday and the Wales side of the previous games was Ramsey. The difference between Wales and Portugal was the best player in the World, arguably the greatest player ever. Fair play to Portugal, I kind of hope they win it now, Ronaldo deserves an international honour, what a player that boy is.

I'm so proud of Wales, I hope we can use this to inspire generations. And Gary Speed, your boys didn't let you down :)
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:England won't be poor for long , Richie , they have the infrastructure and the players to improve in leaps and bounds - Wales need to borrow another England ' reject ' or two and they will also improve - let's face it the quality of Wales' squad falls well below England's - but with having less players to choose from we get continuity , the Welsh players have been together for a while now and there's not so much change within the Squad so everyone knows how each other game .
9 times out of 10 England would beat Wales , when they gain the team spirit of the Welsh they will be up there with the best .
I admire your optimism, but I've thought England would crack on from Portugal 2004 and that failed to materialise.

Something needs to fundamentally change at the FA and the Premier League - the latter however have no will or no real need to see a successful England national team.

In the meantime the Wales squad can hold their heads up high - they gave it a go.