West Ham Utd 1-1 Middlesbrough (01/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Re: West Ham Utd v Middlesbrough: match thread

Post by Pulls up Trees »

The Old Mile End wrote:Anyone else notice the deliberate boot straight into touch from the kick off? Seen this done before years ago (was it Kitson?). Back then, they had placed a bet on the time for the first throw in. This time? It was strange that's for sure. Antonio seemed to want no part in it. He was originally over the ball to kick off, but then walked away to be outside the centre circle. I think Nobes kicked off - so who kicked it out?
It was Payet. Mentioned it to my mate straight away. I'm surprised he would need the money...
PassItToManu

Post by PassItToManu »

Oldun wrote:
Only trouble with it ,is that it is not true,more points and better cup runs in his second season.
Performances dipped after January.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

hadleighhammer wrote: Have a word with yourself.

Block 130 was standing and getting behind the team for 30 mins better than it ever has done at the Athletics Bowl, then the stewards move in to take seat number, shove their weight around, bully people and throw people out, and frustration occurs and the mood changes. But its the supporters you're ashamed of?!

Another G&S&B apologist no doubt. Sorry, next time I'll get my popcorn and sit on my hands so I don't upset you and make you feel "ashamed" of fellow supporters who get pissed off when they're own club is trying to throw them out and ban them simply for trying to create an atmosphere and get behind the team.
Firstly, that's not what I've been told happened exactly, by half a dozen people now. But whatever, let's say that it was. How is singing "we should have stayed at the Boleyn" anything other than pathetic? It's not even aimed at the stewards. It's a joke. Makes us look like a joke.

Hardly a G&S apologist, but man alive, people need to get their heads out of their arses.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

The Old Mile End wrote:Anyone else notice the deliberate boot straight into touch from the kick off? Seen this done before years ago (was it Kitson?). Back then, they had placed a bet on the time for the first throw in. This time? It was strange that's for sure. Antonio seemed to want no part in it. He was originally over the ball to kick off, but then walked away to be outside the centre circle. I think Nobes kicked off - so who kicked it out?
I noticed that as well.....thought Moncur and Kitson were out there for a minute!
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

PassItToManu wrote: Performances dipped after January.
They were juggling competitions, and we're having a good go at the Europa League in which they knocked out Liverpool. They also weren't expected to win the league anyway...so to be leading it for so long was above expectations. They were doing the square route of f*** all before Bilic got there (not even finishing in the top 3).

The response Bilic got when he left didn't exactly scream poor times at the club did it?

Anyway, the Sam lovers can start to analyse his time at Lokomotiv Moscow as another stick to beat him with.
PassItToManu

Post by PassItToManu »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:
Anyway, the Sam lovers can start to analyse his time at Lokomotiv Moscow as another stick to beat him with.
"Sam lovers....."
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

[quote="Colours never run"

Not for me. We were just far more clinical with better strikers to call upon who didn't waste half as many chances as right now.[/quote]
And we had Moses and Zarate, who despite their failings were a f*** site better than our summer 'improvements'
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Boleyn Ground pitch size 110 x 70 yards, Stratford is 115 x 74.
800 sq yards bigger
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Good thing we have Diego Maradona playing for us or we'd really be in trouble. We really are completely hopeless at the minute...
steviob125
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by steviob125 »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Distribution from the centre backs is another thing I find extremely frustrating. How many of Collins and Reids punts forward have actually resulted in something positive?
Well one of Reids resulted in Payet's goal :lol:

Overall I was happy with the result on Saturday. Stopped the rot. Stopped the gaping holes at the back. I actually witnessed Obiang cover a full back to prevent a 2 v 1 situation at one point!!

Onwards and upwards

COYI
Last edited by steviob125 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Yep, should've been a clean sheet but for some unfortunate footwork on the post by Noble.
jhammers
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by jhammers »

I thought we looked much better (not hard i know..)

Obiang was impressive and it was good to have a proper defensive midfielder in the team.
That is probably the last we see of Tore, just doesn't look anywhere near good enough
Estuary
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by Estuary »

And we had Moses and Zarate, who despite their failings were a **** site better than our summer 'improvements
Yep.
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

Isn't kicking the ball downfield into touch commonly done as a tactic? Force a throw in the oppositions half, lets you get set in your positions and go from there.
steviob125
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by steviob125 »

kalashnikov wrote:Isn't kicking the ball downfield into touch commonly done as a tactic? Force a throw in the oppositions half, lets you get set in your positions and go from there.
Agree. I think people are reading far too much into this.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

kalashnikov wrote: Isn't kicking the ball downfield into touch commonly done as a tactic? Force a throw in the oppositions half, lets you get set in your positions and go from there.
Yes it is.

Usually a bit more disguised as a long ball to someone running down the line than the one on Sat which was a blatant punt for territory.

:lol:
Odessa
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

Is there a view from the opposition this week?

I never know where to find it.