West Ham Utd 1-0 Sunderland (22/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Sunderland: match thread

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

trick88 wrote:They are right on one point, after the final whistle there was complete idiots near their exit shouting 'Come on sunderland, where are ya!?' Looking for any of their fans to kick off, complete embarrassment. There were loads of kids and families with the Sunderland fans today. Moronic behaviour. :thdn:
While this is stupid behaviour, maybe Sunderland shouldn't give it out so much if they don't expect anything back.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Something the bloke beside me and I both noticed was how reluctant we were to take a first time shot, preferring to trap it, tee it up and then shoot by which time they'd been closed down or lost it. Nobody is singled out here, they all did it.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Something the bloke beside me and I both noticed was how reluctant we were to take a first time shot, preferring to trap it, tee it up and then shoot by which time they'd been closed down or lost it. Nobody is singled out here, they all did it.

It also comes across like we want to walk the ball in the net, rather than take a shot just outside the box when it's on, which the goal ultimately came from.
Estuary
Has liked: 275 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by Estuary »

A good first 20 mins, but for all that we only worked their keeper the one time when Payet made a chance for himself and should have scored, he did the same minutes later and hit the post. Antonio got into decent crossing a final ball positions plenty but he muffed it time and time again and really looked out of sorts. Maybe he was ill, maybe he just doesn't fancy the wing back role. Feghouli did better in terms of aplication but still the final ball was wasted when in good positions.
We got the win our possession dominance deserved but laboured to make cl ar cut chances from good attacking positions.
Just for the record I am so glad we have at last beat a Moyes team, no idea shy I don't like him, just dont.
bbhammer

Post by bbhammer »

Up the Junction wrote:The opposition view: Sunderland
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=130426
Strange what short memories they all have up there

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crim ... -1-7847402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

I thought Moyes looked like he was walking the green mile on MOTD, also showed a complete lack of class in the post match interview in my opinion.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Just seen a pic taken at the moment Reid hit the ball... Calleri definitely not offside.

Kouyate was offside but he's not the one claimed to be interfering with play.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Something the bloke beside me and I both noticed was how reluctant we were to take a first time shot, preferring to trap it, tee it up and then shoot by which time they'd been closed down or lost it. Nobody is singled out here, they all did it.
Maybe after some of the godawful shots we've attempted in previous games, Bilic has instructed them to not be so wasteful? And now they're taking it to the other extreme.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Just seen mouse is facing a charge after confronting the referee after the game. I've watched the goal a few times now and if I take my claret and blue specs off, it's so marginal it could r ally have gone either way that decision although they do say give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team.

Not sure how Moyes can be so blinkered that even after seeing the replays he can't understand how the offside isn't given :?

Also noticed that there was no mention of the multiple penalty appeals we had on MOTD or indeed addressed by that handsome young manager Moyes
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Just rewatched the highlights, someone mentioned it earlier, Noble was in a prime position to smash home the rebound from Payet's shot that hit the woodwork but he'd already headed off to celebrate.

A little embarrassing for him but it's great to see how passionate he is even after all these years.

A modern-day legend for the supporters of my generation
BarryGreen

Post by BarryGreen »

Judging by Antonio's crosses, that new baby must be keeping him up all hours bless him :)
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

The porous defence has been plugged which should breed confidence. I think we may surprise a few people up at Everton, the Koeman effect is overstated IMO.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

EugeneSpeed wrote:Got chatting to two Irish guys on the way back who offered up a tube seat to my friends lad. Season ticket holders who lived in Highbury. Both Arsenal fans but decided to invest in tickets. Nice enough fellas and hadn't missed a game, but still pretty annoying to hear.
Did they say why they bought the tickets?
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

hammerdivone wrote:Did they say why they bought the tickets?
All the reasons you'd expect - the fact that they were so cheap and Arsenal ones are so expensive, him and his mates proximity to the ground, the way we were playing last season, and just the fact that he knows him and his mates have a few tickets if he has mates over from home.

All fair enough really, but you have to wonder what people like that contribute in terms of atmosphere.

I lent my tickets to a mate for the Watford game. He is a lifelong fan, and kept saying "Oh, I wish I'd got one now. Such great value" etc etc. Just wish more people like that had pulled their fingers out.