Everton 2-0 West Ham Utd (30/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Everton 2-0 West Ham Utd (30/10/16)

Post by Up the Junction »

Not usually a happy hunting ground for us ... but we beat the jinx last year.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Colours never run »

Of course any points will be welcome but above all, I just want the team to concentrate on their performance as I think that's what is driving us forward as a team right now and to be brave to keep doing what we are doing, the results will take care of themselves. Like you say, it's usually a **** place to go so expectations are low and we won't have the ****hole as much should we likely lose up there. Just concentrate on our own game right now that's working so well and treat it as a free shot with nothing to lose.

2-2
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

ultimate test for the three at the back, a fully fit and firing lukaku. can it succeed where all before have failed?

keep a clean sheet on sunday and i'll put 50p on us for a CL spot.
Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

3 straight wins behind us, we have to go in with no fear. I honestly feel we can go back to Goodison and get a result.
We can repeat last season's stunning comeback. It was one of the games of our season but I'd rather avoid the drama of going 2-0 down first! 8-)
Payet and Fernandes in a 2-1 away win.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Up the Junction wrote:Not usually a happy hunting ground for us ...
It's free money, guv.

Lukaku to score any time. Never fails to pay out.

Backing him in the last 10 minutes is usually profitable.

Koeman is a good manager - but I fancy us more than them. A score draw is most probable.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

We could beat this mob 2:3 in the last minute fior 10 seasons running and they'd still owe us.

Looking forward to this. Anfield cafe for breakfast, Arkles for some fortitude then ride the tide of optimism for a bit until Lukaku pops up.
traxop

Post by traxop »

Could we be down Noble and Reid for this game. They both picked up a card today and they were both on 4 yellows this season(I think).

Do we change our formation if that's the case? Back to a traditional 4 with Collins slotting next to Ogbonna? Don't really want to be playing Oxford against Lukaku given what he did to Oxford last season. I also don't see Collins or Oxford marshalling a back 3 either.
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

traxop wrote:Could we be down Noble and Reid for this game. They both picked up a card today and they were both on 4 yellows this season(I think).
Noble only had 3 PL yellows, 4 total now so he misses a game next one.

Reid also had 3 PL yellows (plus 1 in Europe which doesn't count) so again his next yellow he misses one.

The test for a back three is playing against two quality wingers who exploit the space where the FB's usually would be.

Mirallas and Bolaise are probably we've faced there so far as a back 3. Will be interesting to see how it goes.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Well Burnley handled them so why not us....................................! :scarfer:
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Much like Big Sam stumbling onto our diamond formation, Slav's move to three at the back has been nothing short of revelation given how calamitous it was prior.

I see no reason why the formation should change and it'll be down to Cresswell on one side, and either Antonio or Fernandes on the other, to push their wide players further back. And with the three at the back, it gives Reidy more scope to read the game and confidently step out rather than just sitting back.

After a good start from them they're not in good form; the reverse being the same for us. I dare say I fancy us to get something from this one (famous last words for a Goodison visit).
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The grim North .On a Sunday morning .FFS.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

My first visit to Goodison on Sunday. Any pub/parking suggestions please?
ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by ohsnap »

Hopefully Fernandes isn't injured after asking to go off last night - absolutely deserves to keep his spot after his last 2 performances. I would start the exact same team and introduce Ayew again rather than risk giving him a start so soon. Tough one on the GK position too, Randolph always has amazing games and think he deserves a chance too
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Knighter10WHU wrote:My first visit to Goodison on Sunday. Any pub/parking suggestions please?
Pub - Arkles - across the park from Goodison , you'll find plenty of our lot in there

Parking - Either in the park or on the side roads , loads available on that side of the park ( the pub side)

Things to avoid - The Scouse pie in the ground .Basically vomit with pastry on top .

Enjoy your day
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

the pink palermo wrote: Pub - Arkles - across the park from Goodison , you'll find plenty of our lot in there

Parking - Either in the park or on the side roads , loads available on that side of the park ( the pub side)

Things to avoid - The Scouse pie in the ground .Basically vomit with pastry on top .

Enjoy your day
Cheers TPP.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Who plays striker?

Zaza, Antonio or Ayew?

:think:
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

WestHamIFC wrote:Who plays striker?

Zaza, Antonio or Ayew?

:think:
I'd be tempted to go with Ayew.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Same team as last night please. Same intensity as last night please. Same passion as last night please.

And this will be the first time ever Lukaku doesn't score against us.

1-2

Mirallas

Antonio
Noble (p)
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

2-2 I suspect. Lukaku and one of their midfielders, Payet (FK) & Antonio for us.
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Looking at Everton's midfield it's noticeable they have many impact players such as Barkley, Bolasie, Mirallas and Gueye, but not many footballers (only Barry). This makes me confident that we might be able to take advantage of that just like we did against Palace and dominate that area with Lanzini, Payet, Noble and Obiang being much more comfortable and intricate in possession. My main worry would be tiredness. The players put in a lot last night and asking them to reproduce the same pressing efforts might be asking too much so as a result I will be pretty happy with a draw here.